Founded in the year 1962, the school has continued its journey on the path of progress and made its name among the best schools of Mumbai. It aims to provide an interactive learning environment to its students and help them pave a way for success for themselves. Knowing the importance that a school plays in the development of the children, The Bombay International School has surrounded itself with the latest infra and amenities. Different curriculums that are perfectly integrated are followed by the school that allows a diverse range of subjects to be offered to the students. Thanks to the team of excellent teachers and other staff members, the school is able to achieve success in all arenas whether it comes to providing quality education or refine the extra-curricular skills of the students. Admission into the Bombay International School can be a perfect way to give a start to the kids that can lead them towards a better future.
The Bombay International School Basic Information
When it comes to the top schools of Mumbai, The Bombay International School does not require any introduction. Let’s take a look at the some of the basic details related to the school.
|Year of establishment||1962|
|Board||ICSE/ ISC/ IGCSE/ IB|
|Type of Institute||Private Co-ed|
|Teacher to student ratio||1:15|
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Beginning of registration||July-August for lower PrepJanuary for higher classes|
|Contact Address||Gilbert Building, Babulnath 2nd Cross Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007|
|Phone Number||91 22 2364 8206|
The Bombay International School Admission Process
The Lower Prep admission process begins from the month of July-August one year prior to the year in which admission is sought. A registration form has to be filled and submitted online along with the registration fee. Once the registration is complete, both the parents are required to visit the school premises at a given date and fill up a form. The students need to appear for an entrance test. Shortlisted students will then be called for a personal interaction with members of the Admissions Panel.
Admission process for higher classes is expected to release in the month of January and the registration process is currently going on. The parents will be able to fill and submit the registration form of their wards from the school’s official website. Information such as child’s name, date of birth, gender, current school, current grade, will be asked in the registration form. Parents are requested to please check the school website in November for further details about the process. However, the admission is strictly restricted to the number of vacancies, if appear.
Eligibility for Bombay International School Admission
The process of admission for Lower Prep begins from the month of July-August approx one year before the start of the term. At the time when the process begins, the age of the child should be 3 years so that when he/she is finally admitted into the class, the age is 4 years.
Facilities offered by the School
Facilities offered at a school play a major role in how it can achieve its goal of shaping the future of a child and thus the society. The facilities that a parent can find at the Bombay International School and that helps it stand out from the others are given here.
- Place for dance, drama, art, music, yoga and much more
- Training in martial arts
- Sports & games facility- Facility for sports like Swimming, Athletics, Badminton, Squash, Tennis, Chess, Table Tennis and Football is available
- Labs and libraries- Separate fully-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology and library enriched with many books
- Hangout places for the students
- Kitchen- Nutrition-rich food prepared in hygienic kitchen
- Hall and stage for various activities
- Gymnasium- Gym with varied equipment
- Audio visual room- For film screenings and other audio-visual presentations, there is an AV room
- Spacious classrooms with appropriate lighting
- International Camps- Participation in camps like Seeds of Peace, Sunburst Brain Camp, Sunburst Youth Camp and Sunburst Environment Camp is also encouraged
- Financial Aid and Merit Scholarships is also provided to the studnts who need and deserve it
The school believes that the engagement of parents is equally important and their involvement can make a difference in enhancing the personality of their ward. They should also remain aware of their child’s activity and to know about their performance in different areas. For this, the school has designed a portal through which they can connect with the school and keep a close eye on their kids.
- Through Parents Portal, the parents can login to the account to easily submit the school fees of their ward.
- Annual Book Fair is conducted by the school for parents and students of BIS.
- Parent volunteers are always welcomed in the school kitchen and can help with planning menus, supervising the cooking and serving the students.
- Similarly, parent can volunteer for inter-school soccer matches, organize and co-ordinate pickups and drops to and from the matches.
- The Parent-led Clubs (PLC) are a unique BIS set up through which parents bring their distinct skill sets to play an active role in making learning more fun for the children.
Bombay International School
Babulnath 2nd Cross Road,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007
+91 22 2364 8206
Bombay International School (Junior School)
42, Sir Vithaldas Thackersey Marg,
New Marine Lines, Marine Lines,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
+91 22 2203 0410
Also Check: Best Schools in Mumbai
Feel free to share your review, concern or feedback in the comment box below.