Physical Education is considered as one of the easiest subjects in the whole curriculum of CBSE Class 11th. However, the students still need to prepare and study well to score good marks in the annual exam. To start the preparation, it is extremely important to know the CBSE Class 11 Physical Education Syllabus 2024-25. Through syllabus, the candidates will be able to find out what chapters and topics they have to cover in a year. To help the candidates and teachers, we have listed the complete syllabus of CBSE 11th class for Physical education subject in this article.
CBSE 11th Class Physical Education Syllabus 2024-25
Given below is the unit-wise syllabus of CBSE Class 11th for Physical Education Subject.
Unit 1 Changing Trends and Careers in Physical Education
1. Concept, Aims & Objectives of Physical Education
2. Development of Physical Education in India – Post Independence
3. Changing Trends in Sports- playing surface, wearable gear and sports equipment, technological advancements
4. Career options in Physical Education
5. Khelo-India Program and Fit – India Program
Unit 2 Olympism Value Education
1. Olympism – Concept and Olympics Values (Excellence, Friendship & Respect)
2. Olympic Value Education – Joy of Effort, Fair Play, Respect for Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Balance Among Body, Will & Mind
3. Ancient and Modern Olympics
4. Olympics – Symbols, Motto, Flag, Oath, and Anthem
5. Olympic Movement Structure – IOC, NOC, IFS, Other members
Unit 3 Yoga
1. Meaning and importance of Yoga
2. Introduction to Astanga Yoga
3. Yogic Kriyas (Shat Karma)
4. Pranayama and its types.
5. Active Lifestyle and stress management through Yoga
Unit 4 Physical Education and Sports for Children with Special Needs
1. Concept of Disability and Disorder
2. Types of Disability, its causes & nature (Intellectual disability, Physical disability).
3. Disability Etiquette
4. Aim and objectives of Adaptive Physical Education.
5. Role of various professionals for children with special needs (Counselor, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Physical Education Teacher, Speech Therapist, and Special Educator)
Unit 5 Physical Fitness, Wellness, and Lifestyle
1. Meaning & importance of Wellness, Health, and Physical Fitness.
2. Components/Dimensio ns of Wellness, Health, and Physical Fitness
3. Traditional Sports & Regional Games for promoting wellness
4. Leadership through Physical Activity and Sports
5. Introduction to First Aid – PRICE
Unit 6 Test, Measurement & Evaluation
1. Define Test, Measurements and Evaluation.
2. Importance of Test, Measurements and Evaluation in Sports.
3. Calculation of BMI, Waist – Hip Ratio, Skin fold measurement (3-site)
4. Somato Types (Endomorphy, Mesomorphy & Ectomorphy)
5. Measurements of health-related fitness
Unit 7 Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology in Sports
1. Definition and importance of Anatomy and Physiology in Exercise and Sports.
2. Functions of Skeletal System, Classification of Bones, and Types of Joints.
3. Properties and Functions of Muscles.
4. Structure and Functions of Circulatory System and Heart.
5. Structure and Functions of Respiratory System.
Unit 8 Fundamentals Of Kinesiology And Biomechanics in Sports
1. Definition and Importance of Kinesiology and Biomechanics in Sports.
2. Principles of Biomechanics
3. Kinetics and Kinematics in Sports
4. Types of Body Movements – Flexion, Extension, Abduction, Adduction, Rotation, Circumduction, Supination & Pronation
5. Axis and Planes – Concept and its application in body movements
Unit 9 Psychology and Sports
1. Definition & Importance of Psychology in Physical Education & Sports;
2. Developmental Characteristics at Different Stages of Development;
3. Adolescent Problems & their Management;
4. Team Cohesion and Sports;
5. Introduction to Psychological Attributes: Attention, Resilience, Mental Toughness
Unit 10 Training & Doping in Sports
1. Concept and Principles of Sports Training
2. Training Load: Over Load, Adaptation, and Recovery
3. Warming-up & Limbering Down – Types, Method & Importance
4. Concept of Skill, Technique, Tactics & Strategies
5. Concept of Doping and its disadvantages
Practical Exams List
The physical education exam also consists of practical paper carrying 30 Marks. The pattern of practical exam is given in the table below.
|Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||6 marks|
|Proficiency in Games and Sports||7 marks|
|Yogic Practices||7 marks|
|Record File||5 marks|
|Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga)||5 marks|
- In the Proficiency in Games and Sports section the candidates have to select any one of the following games – Football, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Handball, Volleyball, Bocce & Unified Basketball [CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)]
- The record file must contains the following practical
- Practical-1: Fitness tests administration for all items
- Practical-2: Procedure for Asanas, Benefits & Contraindication for any two Asanas for each lifestyle disease.
- Practical-3: Procedure for administering Senior Citizen Fitness Test for 5 elderly family members.
- Practical-4: Any one game of your choice out of the list above. Labelled diagram of field & equipment (Rules, Terminologies & Skills).