The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the authority that has released the notification for CBSE Class 12 Registration 2024. Regular candidates going to appear for the class 12th board exam in the year 2024 need to submit their applications through schools. On the other hand, CBSE class 12th private candidates have to submit their applications online.
Please note that CBSE will release admit cards only for those candidates who will submit the application form before the last date. The registration process is very easy if you know the correct method to do so.
Latest: CBSE class 12 registration process has been started. The deadline for the submission of LOC is September 18, 2023 without late fee.
CBSE 12 Class Registration 2024 Highlights
|Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
|Type of Examination
|Annual Board Examination
|Type of Registration
|Online registration process (for Private Candidates)
Registration through school (for regular candidates)
The tentative schedule for CBSE class 12 registration is given in the following table.
|Submission of LOC online starts from
|Submission of LOC online starts ends
|18th September 2023
|Submission of LOC online starts with late fee
|19th September 2023
|Submission of LOC online ends with late fee
|25th September 2023
|Payment of fee
|To be updated
|Payment of fee with late fee
|To be updated
CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Registration 2024 Notification for Regular Students
- CBSE releases a separate notification for regular students from private students.
- Regular students need to apply for examinations through their respective schools.
- The registration process has been started now.
CBSE Class 12 Board Examination Registration Notification for Private Students
- Just like the notification for regular students, CBSE will also release a notification for private students.
- The registration process for private students takes place online through the official website of CBSE.
- Apart from filling the application form, all students are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- The initial registration is necessary for all candidates in order to fill the application for the board exam.
- The initial registration takes place in class 9th for students appearing for 10th Similarly, initial registration for class 12th will take place in class 11th.
- Students who failed in the class 12th standard also need to register again.
- All formalities regarding the application process will take place as per the directions of the CBSE.
- Candidates who wish to improve their scores in the subjects in which they scored less can also register and appear in the exams again.
CBSE 12th Class Classification of Students
Those students going to appear for the class 12th CBSE Board exam 2024 can be classified into the following categories.
- Compartment Category – These are those students who can’t clear the main examination in a few subjects. Candidates need to appear for those subject examinations in which they were failed. Please note that in case you want to appear for all subjects then you should apply under the failure category.
- Improvement – This category is applicable to those students who passed the main examination (immediate previous main examination) but not satisfied with their performance. Such candidates have to provide previous main examination details for applying. Aspirants may choose varying subjects for improvement.
- Failures – Such categories are those who can’t pass the Main examination and subsequent compartment examination. These candidates have to give the previous main examination details for applying and must choose a minimum of five subjects. Candidates placed in the compartment category in the previous main exam can also apply in this category. However, in such situations, they will have to appear for all subjects.
- Additional Subjects – This category is for those candidates who have passed the main examination and looking to study additional subjects (except those already passed). At the time of registration, candidates will have to provide details of their main examination. Students can select any non-practical subjects, excluding those already passed.
- Female/ PwD – This category is for those women or PwD candidates who are bonafide residents of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
Also Check: CBSE Class 12th Syllabus
CBSE Class 12 Registration for Private Candidates
Those private candidates who are looking to apply for the CBSE class 12th exam 2024 can apply by following the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of CBSE i.e. cbse.gov.in.
- On the homepage of the official website, you need to open the “Announcement” section.
- Next, you need to click on the “Submission of Examination Forms by Private Candidates Class XII” link.
- After that, you are required to click on the “Continue” button to go to the next page.
- Now, you have to choose the category and class from the list as given below.
- Compartment (Class 10th/ 12th)
- Additional Subjects
- Female/ PwD (Delhi)
- Now, you have to complete the registration process by providing all the necessary details.
- Once you are done with registration process, you need to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, you should take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
12th Class CBSE Board Exam Registration for Regular Candidates
Regular candidates need to route their applications through their schools. That’s why candidates are advised to contact their school authorities once CBSE release the exam registration notification for Class 12 students. School authorities can follow the steps below in order to apply.
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website i.e. cbse.nic.in.
- On the landing page of the website, you need to choose the “Click for CBSE Website” option.
- Now, the CBSE homepage will display on your screen. After that, you should click on the “Online Submission of LOC/Registration for Academic Year 2023-24” link available under recent announcements.
- After that, a new page will appear on your screen. On this page, various links will be available. Here, you need to choose the “Submission of LOC/Registration” link.
- Next, you will see an authentication window on your screen. Here, you need to provide credentials including your “User ID” and “Password”. At the same time, you need to enter the Security Pin.
- Click on the “Login” button once you are done entering all the correct details.
- Then, fill in all the necessary details of every eligible student in your school.
- Also, pay the required application fee for all candidates.
- Finally, take a printout of the confirmation page for future requirements.
CBSE Class 12th Registration Fee
Recently, the registration fee for CBSE class 12th and 10th is increased a lot. Check out the latest registration fee structure of CBSE applicable for the season 2023-24.
|CBSE Registration Fee for Class Class 12
|CBSE Registration Fee
|For India (in Rs.)
|For Outside India (in Rs.)
|Fee without late fees
|Rs. 1500 /- for 5 Subjects
Rs. 300/- per additional subject
|Rs. 10000/- for 5 subjects
Rs. 2000/- per additional subject
|Rs. 150/- per project work
|Rs. 350/- per project work
|Rs. 2000/- (in addition to the normal fees)
|Rs. 2000/- (in addition to the normal fees)
Mode of payment – CBSE will accept application fees in digital mode only. You can pay the application fee using a Debit/ Credit card (both national/ international) or internet banking.
Check here: CBSE Class 10th Registration Process
Frequently Asked Questions
The registration fee is Rs. 1500/- for five subjects.
No, there is no need to submit the application form online. Your school will submit the application form on your behalf.
No, you need to pay the registration fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
You need to enter the following details in the registration form.
Date of Birth (Same according to the birth certificate)
Optional Subject Selection
A passport size photograph