Business Studies is a relevantly easier subject for the commerce students. It is one of the purely theoretical subjects in CBSE class 12th curriculum. The students who are going to appear for the 12th board exam should understand CBSE Class 12 Business Studies syllabus 2022 thoroughly. Business Studies have a very wide range of scope and its syllabus generally deals in financial management, general management, and marketing management. Interested candidates and teachers can check complete details regarding CBSE 12th class Business Studies syllabus 2022from this post.
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus 2022 for Term I & II
Let’s have a look at the unit-wise distribution of marks and period for Business Studies Subject as prescribed by the CBSE for term I & ii.
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Term 1 Marking Scheme
|Units||TERM 1- MCQ BASED QUESTION PAPER
THEORY – 40 MARKS DURATION: 90 MINUTES
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1.||Nature and Significance of Management||12||16|
|2||Principles of Management||11|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|PROJECT WORK (PART 1)||10|
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Term I Unit-wise Syllabus
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit 1: Nature and Significance of Management
|Concept||After going through this unit, the student/
learner would be able to:
|Management – concept, objectives, and importance||● Understand the concept of management.
● Explain the meaning of ‘Effectiveness and Efficiency.
● Discuss the objectives of management.
● Describe the importance of management.
|Management as Science, Art and Profession||● Examine the nature of management as a
science, art and profession.
|Levels of Management||● Understand the role of top, middle and
lower levels of management
|Management functions-planning, organizing,
staffing, directing and controlling
|● Explain the functions of management|
|Coordination- concept and importance||● Discuss the concept and characteristics of coordination.
● Explain the importance of coordination.
Unit 2: Principles of Management
|Principles of Management- concept and significance||● Understand the concept of principles of management.
● Explain the significance of management
|Fayol’s principles of management||● Discuss the principles of management
developed by Fayol.
|Taylor’s Scientific management-
principles and techniques
|● Explain the principles and techniques of
Unit 3: Business Environment
|Business Environment- concept and importance||● Understand the concept of ‘Business Environment’.
● Describe the importance of business
|Dimensions of Business Environment- Economic,
Social, Technological, Political and Legal
|● Describe the various dimensions of
Unit 4: Planning
|Planning: Concept, importance and limitation||● Understand the concept of planning.
● Describe the importance of planning.
● Understand the limitations of planning.
|Planning process||● Describe the steps in the process of
Unit 5: Organising
|Organising: Concept and importance||● Understand the concept of organizing as a structure and as a process.
● Explain the importance of organising.
|Organising Process||● Describe the steps in the process of organizing|
|Structure of organisation- functional and
|● Describe functional and divisional structures of
|Delegation: concept, elements and importance||● Understand the concept of delegation.
● Describe the elements of delegation.
● Appreciate the importance of Delegation.
|Decentralization: concept and importance||● Understand the concept of decentralisation.
● Explain the importance of decentralisation.
● Differentiate between delegation and decentralisation.
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 11: Marketing
Marketing – Concept, functions and philosophies – Product, Prize and Standard
- Understand the concept of marketing
- Discuss the functions of marketing
- Explain the marketing philosophies
|Marketing Mix – Concept and elements||● Understand the concept of marketing mix.
● Describe the elements of the
|Product – branding, labelling and packaging – Concept||● Understand the concept of product as an element of marketing mix.
● Understand the concepts of
branding, labelling and packaging.
|Price – Concept, Factors determining price||● Understand the concept of price as an element of marketing mix.
● Describe the factors determining
price of a product.
|Physical Distribution – concept||● Understand the concept of physical
|Promotion – Concept and elements; Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion and Public Relations||● Understand the concept of promotion as an element of marketing mix.
● Describe the elements of the promotion mix.
● Understand the concept of advertising and personal selling
● Understand the concept of sales promotion.
● Discuss the concept of public
CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Term 2 Marking Scheme
|Units||TERM-2 SUBJECTIVE QUESTION PAPER
Theory- 40 Marks DURATION:-2 Hrs
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|PROJECT WORK (PART – 2)||10|
Term 2: Principles and Functions of Management Unit 6: Staffing
|Staffing: Concept and importance||● Understand the concept of staffing.
● Explain the importance of staffing
|Staffing process||● Describe the steps in the process
|Recruitment process||● Understand the meaning and steps in the process of recruitment.
● Discuss the sources of
|Selection – process||● Understand the meaning of selection.
● Describe the steps involved in the
process of selection.
|Training and Development – Concept and importance, Methods of training – on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training||● Understand the concept of training and development.
● Appreciate the importance of training to the organisation and to the employees.
● Discuss on the job and off the job methods of training.
● Discuss the meaning of vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
● Differentiate between training
Unit 7: Directing
|Directing: Concept and importance||● Describe the concept of directing.
● Discuss the importance of directing
|Elements of Directing||● Describe the various elements of directing|
|Motivation – concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives||● Understand the concept of motivation.
● Develop an understanding of Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs.
● Discuss the various financial and
|Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic and laissez faire||● Understand the concept of leadership.
● Understand the various styles of
|Communication – concept, formal and informal communication;||● Understand the concept of communication
● Discuss the concept of formal and
Unit 8: Controlling
|Controlling – Concept and importance||● Understand the concept of controlling.
● Explain the importance of controlling.
|Steps in process of control||● Discuss the steps in the process of controlling.|
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing Unit 9: Financial Management
|Financial Management: Concept, role and objectives||● Understand the concept of financial management.
● Explain the role of financial management in an organisation.
● Discuss the objectives of financial
|Financial decisions: investment, financing
and dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
|● Discuss the three financial decisions and the factors affecting them.|
|Financial Planning – concept and
|● Describe the concept of financial planning.
● Explain the importance of financial planning.
|Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting capital structure||● Understand the concept of capital structure.
● Describe the factors determining the choice
of an appropriate capital structure of a company.
|Fixed and Working Capital – Concept and factors affecting their requirements||● Understand the concept of fixed and working capital.
● Describe the factors determining the
requirements of fixed and working capital.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
|Financial Markets: Concept, Functions and types||● Understand the concept of the financial market.
● Explain the functions of the financial market.
● Understand capital market and money market
as types of financial markets.
|Money market and its instruments||● Understand the concept of the money market.
● Describe the various money market instruments.
|Capital market: Concept, types (primary and secondary), methods of floatation in the primary market||● Discuss the concept of capital market.
● Explain primary and secondary markets as types of capital market.
● Differentiate between capital market and money market.
● Discuss the methods of floating new issues in the primary market.
● Distinguish between primary and secondary
|Stock Exchange – Meaning, Functions and trading procedure||● Give the meaning of a stock exchange.
● Explain the functions of a stock exchange.
● Discuss the trading procedure in a stock exchange.
● Give the meaning of depository services and demat account as used in the trading procedure
|Securities and Exchange Board of India
(SEBI) – objectives and functions
|● State the objectives of SEBI.
● Explain the functions of SEBI.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
|Concept and importance of consumer protection||● Understand the concept of consumer protection. · Describe the importance of
consumer protection. · Discuss the scope of Consumer Protection Act, 2019
|The Consumer Protection Act, 2019: Source:
Meaning of consumer Rights and responsibilities of consumers Who can file a complaint?
Redressal machinery Remedies available
|Understand the concept of a consumer according to the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
· Explain the consumer rights
· Understand the responsibilities of consumers
· Understand who can file a complaint and against whom?
· Discuss the legal redressal machinery under Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
· Examine the remedies available to the consumer under Consumer Protection Act,2019s
|Consumer awareness – Role of consumer
organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
|· Describe the role of consumer organizations and NGOs in protecting consumers’ interests.|
CBSE Class 12th Revised Business Studies Syllabus: Download PDF