Founded in the year 1975, G.D. Somani Memorial School has earned a lot of fame and popularity as one of the top schools in South Mumbai. This school is located at a prime location in Cuffe Parade area of Mumbai and it fosters a vibrant learning environment for students. Over a period of time, the school has carved a niche for itself owing to its most advanced infrastructure and facilities. There are around 1400 students in GD Somani Memorial School shaping their career with the help of experienced teachers and support staff. Although the school prefers students from south Mumbai for admission, students from as far away as Bandra can also apply.
GD Somani Memorial School Basic Information
The previous year’s ICSE board exam result in itself proves that GD Somani Memorial is certainly one of the best schools in south Mumbai. Out of 134 students appeared for the board exam, 73 students got above 90% marks and 45 students scored above 80% marks. We have provided summarized details of the admission procedure and other important points in the table given below.
|Type of Institute||Private co-educational|
|Location||Cuffe Parade, Mumbai|
|Number of Students||1400|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Selection of Students||On the basis of an Entrance test|
|Documents required for admission.||· Valid Birth certificate· School leaving certificate from the last school attended
· Report card and certificate of the last class qualified
· Any other document relevant for admission
|Student-teacher ratio||1: 15 (in both primary and secondary sections)|
|Principal||Mr. B.D. Seymour|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1500/-|
|Contact Address||625, G.D. Somani Marg Cuffe Parade, Mumbai Maharashtra 400005|
|Office Hours||8.00 AM to 3.00 PM|
Rules and Regulation for GD Somani Memorial School Admission
Here are the rules and regulation of admission to GD Somani Memorial School that you should know.
- Admission to any standard will be granted only after the entrance test. The decision of the Principal will be final in this regard.
- For getting an admission, the students have to produce a valid birth certificate as a proof of date of birth.
- The admission of students from unrecognized schools is subjected to the approval of the department.
- The school leaving certificate of the last school attended is mandatory for admission.
- Fees once paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Students who will get the admission can’t withdraw without giving 1-month notice/ one month’s fee in lieu of notice.
- The principal reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the admission of any student if his/her behavior is not up to the mark.
Given below is the complete fee structure of the GD Somani Memorial School.
- Application Fee: Rs. 1500/- (Non-Refundable)
- One-time Admission Fee: Rs. 10000/- (Non-Refundable)
- Caution Fee: Rs. 10000/- (Refundable) (This fee will be refunded when the student will leave the school)
- Academic Fee
- Grades 1 – 4: 36,565 when paid quarterly and 146,260 when paid annually.
- Grades 5 – 9: 37,775 when paid quarterly and 151,100 when paid annually.
- Grade 10: 42,815 when paid quarterly and 171,260 when paid annually.
Note: Apart from the above-mentioned fees, the fees of school bus transportation, field trips, and overnight trips will be additional.
Mode of Fee Payment
- School accepts the fees through cheques drawn in favour of “G. D. Somani Memorial School”.
- Specially printed pay-in-slip and fee card are issued for the payment of application fee.
- The fee is needed to be paid annually in advance or before the starting of each quarter.
School’s Working Hours
The working hours of GD Somani Memorial School are as follows:
- For Grades 1 to 10, school hours are from 7.45 am to 2.00 pm
- The School office is open from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Faculty visiting hours: Between 2.05 pm and 2.25 pm on working days (except Friday)
Facilities Offered by the School
If you are looking to enroll your child in this school then you should check the facilities offered by the school as listed below.
- Library (timing – 7.45 am to 3.00 pm)
- Well-equipped and modern Science Laboratory
- Computer Labs
- Sports Ground
- School Canteen
- Ultra Modern learning materials including visual aids
- Personal Counselling by a school psychologist or a specialist
- Well-equipped Clinic with a Doctor and Nurse
- Bus Service
- Open-air canteen to provide wholesome nutritious food
Co-Curricular Activities at School
Apart from academics, the school also emphasizes on extra-curricular activities as well. Some co-curricular activities provided by the school are as follows.
- Bulletin and Literary Club
- Training in athletics
- Table tennis
- Girl Guides
- NCC Club
- Science-Math Club
- Aeromodelling Club
- Social Service Camps
- Educational Camps
- News Wiz
- Quiz Competitions
- Maths Mania
- Interact Club
25 thoughts on “GD Somani Memorial School”
Need admission for STD 2
I want my son admission for grade 2 ,(dob-20/9/16)when the form will issue .
And my second (21/32020) is eligible for nursery so please tell me when both form will issue.
Need an admission for my son his dob is 12th November 2019 for Jr kg.my I know when the form vill b out for academy year 22-23
Hi, I need admission for my son in grade 2. His dob is 11 July 2015
I need admission for my son for ISC 11th standard
I Gave An interview so far not received call
Pawan M Chaurasia
Hello mam, I want a mission for my son Naman for grade 1. He is very capable.His DOB is 3/6/2015
I want admission for my son Unnayan Sharma, born on 9-2-2016, in class 1. We will be shifting to Mumbai in a months time. Kindly help. Thanks.
Respected Mam/ sir
I pawan M Chaurasia wants admission for my child Naman for the grade1 . He is now in Orchid school.Sir he is very capable and active.His DOB is03/06/2015.This is the best school for my child for the education.Pls give a chance to us.I will wait for ur reply.
Respected sir/ Madam,
I am seeking admission for my child Master Ayansh Jain (dob:11/07/2015). He is eligible for grade 1. How fo I go about the process. Thank you in advance.
I need admission for my son Ayansh Jain (dob:11/07/2015) for grade 1
Hi Ma’m / Sir
Please I need admission in your school for my son , Jeenay Sanghvi in Std 7th in your school . He is 11 yrs old . Please reply how can I apply .
Dear sir , madam
sub – Request for 1 admission for my son
I want my son’s admission in ur school his birth date is 9-1-2015 he is eligible for grade 1
Students willing to get admission to any standard will be tested for admission in the school and the Principal’s decision shall be final.For the latest admission notification, please contact the school or keep visiting the school official website. Thank you!
Dear sir , madam
sub – Request for 2 admission for my daughter & son
I want my son’s admission in ur school he is 5 yrs old n his birth date is 6-7- 2015 is he eligible for grade 1?
I want my daughter admission in ur school she is 7 yrs old n her birth date is 9-11-2013 is he eligible for grade 2?
Total we need 2 admission maam
Hi my son is 1.5 years I want the admission in play group how can I apply
I am not able to fetch Play Group admission details from the school website. Kindly confirm the same from school.
Hi my son is 3.3 now i want admission in ur school hw can i apply please reply
The admission notification will be released at school official website.
My daughter will be 3 in this november how can i apply for admission plz revert me back …
Students seeking admission to any standard will be tested for admission in the school and the Principal’s decision shall be final.
I want my son’s admission in ur school he is 5 yrs old n his birth date is 1st October is he eligible for grade 1?
The school has not mentioned age requirements for admission at school official website. Please confirm it with the school.
I want my daughter admission in your school she is 3:4 now
Please confirm age requirements with school only. Thanks