Know here how to join NCC in 2023, documents required, document verification, eligibility criteria, medical exam, along with other details.
The National Cadet Corps or NCC provides a perfect platform for youth to do something for the country. Apart from this, it also provides numerous opportunities for overall personality development along with a sense of duty. A large number of young kids and youngsters in the country keep on wondering how to Join NCC?
National Cadet Corps (NCC) play an important role in nation-building. The NCC organizes various activities that build qualities like Social Services, Discipline, and Adventure Training among the cadets. If you are also dealing with questions like How to join NCC after 12th or without college then this post is for you. Here, we will let you know about the process by which you can join NCC.
About National Cadet Corps (NCC)
Before we move on and discuss how to join NCC, you should understand what is it. In simple words, we can say that National Cadet Corps (NCC) is the youth wing of the Indian Armed Forces with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Students who are studying in high schools, higher secondary, colleges, and universities all over India can join this force voluntarily.
Apart from physical fitness training, cadets also receive military training in small arms and drills. However, the cadets and officers of NCC have no liabilities to join the military after completing the course. Some basic details of the NCC are as follows.
|Name of the unit||National Cadet Corps (NCC)|
|Active||15th July 1948 to present|
|Allegiances||Indian Army |
|Size of the unit||13,00,000 – 15,00,000 students|
|Role of the unit||Student Uniformed Group|
|Motto of the unit||“एकता और अनुशासन”/ ” Unity and Discipline”|
|Current Director General||Lt. Gen. Gurbirpal Singh|
Categories of Activities organized by the National Cadet Corps (NCC)
As mentioned above in this post, NCC is instrumental in organizing a wide range of activities. Here is the list of categories of activities that are organized by NCC.
- Social Service and Community Development Activities
- Conduct of course at OTA Kamptee and OTA Gwalior for ANO’s.
- Conduct of Republic Day Camp
- Youth Exchange Program
- Naval wing Training
- Airwing Training
- Attachment Training (Service Unit)
- Camp Training
- Institutional Training
- Conduct of Adventure Activities
- Conduct of Certificate Examinations
- Remount & Veterinary Unit Training
- Career Counselling and Personality Development
- Conduct of course at OTA Kamptee and OTA Gwalior for ANO’s
List of Sainik schools in India
How to join NCC?
Those who want to apply for NCC must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The student should be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal.
- An aspirant must have a good moral character
- Applicants should be enrolled in an educational institution
- Candidates must meet the prescribed medical standards
The limits are different for Junior/ Senior divisions as given below.
- Junior Division/ Wing (Boys/ Girls) – 12 years to 18½ years
- Senior Division/ Wing (Boys/ Girls) – Up to 26 years
- Junior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 2 years
- Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 3 years
NCC 2023 Application Form
The application process of NCC is different for Junior Division and Senior Division as given below.
For Junior Division.
- The students looking to apply under the Junior Division shall apply to the Headmaster/ Principal of the school providing the unit or part thereof.
- The application form should be submitted in a prescribed format.
- Please note that the headmaster will make the student fill up and sign in his presence a statement in Form.
- If the Headmaster does not reject the application, the applicant shall be accepted for enrollment in the Junior Division.
- In case the application form is accepted then applicants have to sign a declaration in Form II and their father or guardian shall also be required to sign a declaration in the Form.
- Finally, if the headmaster is satisfied that the applicant, or his father or guardian in the case of a minor applicant, understand the questions put to the applicant and consent to the conditions of service, he shall sign a certificate to that effect on the said Form, and the applicant shall thereupon be deemed to have been enrolled.
Senior Division/ Wing (Boys/ Girls)
- Those students who are looking to enroll in the Senior Division shall apply to the Officer Commanding of the nearest NCC Unit.
- The officer commanding the NCC unit will make the applicant fill up and sign in his presence a statement in Form I
- If the Commanding Officer does not reject the application then applicants will to accepted for enrollment in the Senior Division/ Wing, and shall be required to sign a declaration in Form I
- The parents will sign the declaration in case the applicant is a minor.
Application for Enrollment for students from educational institutions that are not enlisted as NCC sub-units
- Students from those educational institutions that are not enlisted as NCC sub-units can also enroll in NCC.
- Such students need to reach out to the commanding officer of the nearest NCC Unit for more guidance.
- Students will be able to get training from the NCC the institute that is already an NCC sub-units.
- Please note that students should meet the following conditions.
- The educational institution in which the student is currently studying should not have NCC.
- The educational institution in which the student is getting NCC training must be placed under an NCC unit that has been declared an “Open Unit” by the Competent Authority.
NCC Documents Verification
- Once the application form is submitted the verification of documents will take place.
- The Commanding Officer or the Headmaster to whom the application form is submitted will carry out the verification.
- During the verification, the Commanding Officer or the Headmaster will ensure that candidate applies and meets all the required eligibility criteria.
- He will also enquire about the suitability of an applicant or enrollment in the unit in which he desired to be enrolled.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) Medical Exam
- If the commanding officer or the headmaster is satisfied with the application then he will send the applicant for the medical examination.
- Please note that in order to join NCC, it is necessary for an applicant to be medically fit.
- No medically unfit candidate can join the unit in any case.
- The commanding officer/ headmaster will reject the applications of unfit candidates and inform them about the same.
NCC Contact Details
Office Phone Number:011-20861253
E-mail: [email protected]
GSO-1 (Publicity) and PR
Email of State Directorates
|WEST BENGAL & SIKKIM||[email protected]|
|UTTAR PRADESH||[email protected]|
|TAMILNADU, PUDUCHERRY AND ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||[email protected]|
|PUNJAB, HARYANA, HIMACHAL PRADESH & CHANDIGARH||[email protected]|
|NORTH EASTERN REGION||[email protected]|
|MADHYA PRADESH & CHATTISGARH||[email protected]|
|KERALA & LAKSHADWEEP||[email protected]|
|KARNATAKA & GOA||[email protected]|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR AND LADDAKH||[email protected]|
|GUJRAT, DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI, DAMAN & DIU||[email protected]|
|BIHAR & JHARKHAND||[email protected]|
|ANDHRA PRADESH & TELENGANA||[email protected]|
Frequently Asked Questions
In such a situation, you can approach the commanding officer of your nearest NCC unit.
The NCC aims to develop character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Apart from this, it also aims to create a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation no matter which career they choose.
yes, the following remunerations are given.
Outfit Maintenance Allowance.
Travel and Messing Expenses for Pre-commission and Refresher courses.
Rank Pay during Camps.
TA and DA for journey for move to/ move back from camps
Yes. But, only after parents’ permission.
There are many activities that took place in NCC. A few of them are as follows.
Conduct of course at OTA Kamptee and OTA Gwalior for ANO’s.
Career Counselling and Personality Development..
Remount & Veterinary Unit Training.
Conduct of Certificate Examinations.
Attachment Training (Service Unit)
Air wing Training
Naval wing Training
Social Service and Community Development Activities.
Youth Exchange Program
Conduct of Republic Day Camp
Conduct of Adventure Activities