International Thank You Day 2023 is on 11th January 2023. This day is a reminder that we should be thankful to people who have improved our lives in some ways. It’s a day for us to pause and think about how grateful we are for the things that bring us joy or enable us to be successful, happy, and healthy.
It’s also a time for people to come together and celebrate their relationships with family, friends, and coworkers. There are many facts and stories about International Thank You Day 2023 that we are going to discuss in today’s post. Let’s get started.
International Thank Day 2023 Date
International Thank You Day is celebrated every year on 11th January. This year, the day will be celebrated on Wednesday, 11th January 2023.
So now you know what to do with your time. You have a whole day to thank everyone who has helped you achieve your goals this year. Whether it’s your friends, family, or even your employees, there are plenty of ways to show them how much they mean to you!
A Bit of International Thank You Day History
The origin of the day is not known. However, it all started with a message. The practice of sending messages to friends and family become a part of the culture in the 1400s. Europeans were the first ones to exchange greeting cards with family members and friends.
In this era, it was not uncommon for people to send gifts from one place to another. The habit of showing gratitude by saying “thank you” begin during the commercial revolution in the 16th and 17th Centuries. It was famous among the middle class who used it by blending it with their local dialect. For the last 500 years, the usage of “Thank You” has spread across the globe.
How to celebrate International Thank You Day 2023
This is a day to show gratitude. You can do this in any way. Check out some suggestions below.
- Thank the people in your life who make a difference – This could mean a teacher, coach or friend who has helped you along the way. It could also be someone who is less tangible but still important to you like your cat, your favorite coffee shop, or even just something as simple as an old pair of shoes that fit perfectly. You never know how much someone else’s support means until they are gone. So, find time to say thank you now.
- Write a thank-you note – Take this opportunity to write heartfelt notes to everyone who has supported and encouraged you throughout your life. Messages should be handwritten on paper rather than sent via email because it feels more personal and genuine. It is better to hand-deliver notes directly into another person’s hands instead of having them read through thousands of words before getting there.
“If possible you should not send gifts at all. It’s always better if we offer our gratitude directly rather than with material things.”
- Write yourself a letter – This can be hard to do, but it’s important. You need to acknowledge the things that have helped you get where you are today and remember them. So, put pen to paper or fingers on a keyboard and write out your gratitude.
Remember to thank the people who make a difference
We’re so excited about International Thank You Day. We want to make sure you have every resource possible at your disposal. Here are some quick tips:
Send thank you emails and notes – Surprise your buddies by sending them an email! Imagine their surprise when they discover a thank you card among communications pertaining to work.
Say, “I’m Thankful” – These are the words that create magic. Relationships can be strengthened by saying “I’m Thankful,”. These words make other people realize that you value their presence.
Fill a box with thank you notes – Create small notes of appreciation for someone important and put them in a box. Start off your daily day by reading one of the notes.
International Thank You Day Facts
|Date||11th January 2023|
|Origin of International Thank You Day||Not Known|
|Country of celebration||Observed all over the world.|
Quotes International Thank You Day 2023
Check out some cool quotes of International Thank You that we find on the Internet.
- “Thank You, is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank You expresses extreme gratitude, humility, and understanding.” – Alice Walker
- “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.”
Frequently Asked Questions
This day is celebrated to take a moment to acknowledge the people in our life who have impacted our life directly or indirectly.
The International Thank You Day 2023 is on Wednesday, 11th January 2023.
No, they are not on the same days. The National Thank You Day is celebrated every year on 15th September.
According to various records, people commonly start saying the phrase “Thank You” in the 16th century.
We hope that this post has been helpful to you in learning about International Thank You Day 2023. To celebrate, we recommend gathering your friends together for an early morning breakfast or afternoon tea or even just a warm hug.