The official guideline for KV admission 2023-24 is yet to release. This article is based on KV admission official guidelines describing information about the process of admission into class I to class XII.
Eligibility Criteria for Class 1 to XI
Please go through the prescribed criteria for admission into class 1 to XI:
In order to get admission into class 1, candidates should be at least 6 years old as on 31st March of the academic year in which admissions are to be done. Candidates who are born on 1st April should also be considered for admission. Age criteria for class 1 to X have been prescribed below:
|SL. No||MINIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|Class I||6 years||8 years|
|Class II||6 Years||8 Years|
|Class III||7 Years||9 Years|
|Class IV||8 Years||10 Years|
|Class V||9 Years||11 Years|
|Class VI||10 Years||12 Years|
|Class VII||11 Years||13 Years|
|Class VIII||12 Years||14 Years|
|Class IX||13 Years||15 Years|
|Class X||14 Years||16 Years|
Differently Abled children may get 2 years of relaxation in age and only the Principal is authorized to do the same.
There is no age limit for class XI- candidates should have passed class X examination.
Similarly, there is no lower & upper age limit for class XII.
Class 1 Admission
The online registration for class 1 is going to be commenced soon. Candidates can collect the required information from the official website- https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in/ or through the Android mobile app.
Out of the total available seats in fresh admission category, 25% seats are reserved for Right to Education, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST category students.
Upon admission of students under RTE Act followed by Differently Abled, the student belonging to Cat-1 will be taken up. The students admitted under Cat-1 will also include SC/ST/OBC-NCL. In the same way, after the admission of Cat-1, admission of Cat-2 will be taken up which will include SC/ST/OBC-NCL(up to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHLSchool)
The reservation policy will be applicable to the approved class strength of 40 students per section.
- OBC 27%: 11 seats
- ST 7.5%: 03 seats
- SC 15%: 06 seats
- RTE 25%: 10 seats
30% horizontal reservation is applicable to the differently-abled students.
Upon completion of registration, the following sequence will be followed by Kendriya Vidyalaya in terms of conducting the lottery.
(b)All DA Lotteries
(k)CAT VI (If applicable)
Single Girl Child
The following sequence will be adopted for offering admission to class I:
- First Lot: 10 seats out of total 40 seats in Class I per section needs to be filled according to the RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and the same will be filled by draw of lots from all students’ applications including SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (NCL)/Differently abled taken together who are the citizen of Neighborhood.
- Second Lot: Lottery for Differently Abled (DA) category candidates of OBC-NCL/ SC/ST/Unreserved shall be organized according to Priority Category.
- Third Lot: Rest seats after deduction of seats under RTE and DA will be filled according to the existing Priority Category of Cat-1and Cat-2 (Cat-1 to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHLKV) only up to the notified strength or till all the registered students from Cat-1 and Cat-2 (Cat-1 to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHLKV) is filled.
- Fourth Lot: -The total number of SC/ST/OBC-NCL is going to be counted from the admitted summary of RTE, DA, Cat-1, and Cat-2(Cat-1 to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHLKV)admissions done till the third phase. Further, the shortfall in the seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC-NCL, if exist, shall be covered by admitting SC/ST/OBC-NCL students according to the order of priorities of admission, irrespective of approved strength.
- Fifth Lot: Upon completion of these processes, in case the approved strength is not filled and seats are vacant, students from Priority Cat-3 (Cat-4 in Project/IHLKV) onwards will be taken up for admission according to the existing priority list for unreserved seats only. The unfilled leftover reserved seats of SC/ RTE/ST/OBC (NCL) needs to be kept vacant.
- How to fill vacant reserved seats if an adequate number of students registered online is not available: In order to fill reserved quota seats for OBC/SC/ST/RTE, a particular advertisement needs to be released in the month of August.
Seats reserved under the RTE category won’t be de-reserved under any circumstances.
The admission test will not be held for class 1.
Admission to class 1 will be done online and for the rest of the classes, it will be in offline mode.
Admission Process for Class II to VII
There will be no admission test for admission into class II to class VIII and it will be granted based on the Priority Category system. If the number of applications is more than the no. of seats, then the lottery system would be followed in each category including the single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
Admission Process for Class IX
An admission test will be conducted for admission into class IX and a merit list will be prepared accordingly.
- The test will be conducted in the subjects of English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science.
- There will be only one paper of 3-hour duration. The total marks of the question paper will be 100 out of which 20 marks are allotted to each subject including English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science.
- Candidates who have scored 33% marks in aggregate are qualified. 25% of marks need to be achieved in the case of SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) category.
Admission Process for Class XI
For KV Students
Admissions into various streams including Science, Commerce, Humanities will be based on aggregate marks achieved by candidates in class X.
- For Science stream: Students should have at least 60% marks in aggregate.
- For Commerce stream: Students should have at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Humanities stream: All passed candidates of class X.
Non-KV candidates are given admissions if the seats vacant after admission of KV/ neighboring KVs students.
Fresh Admission to Class X and Class XII
Fresh admissions for Non-KV students will be offered to class X and XII based on the availability of vacancies. The Deputy Commissioner of the concerned region can consider such admissions of if the average strength of the class is below 40 subject to meet the following conditions:
- The child is in the CBSE-affiliated school
- Students must have obtained at least 55% marks in class 9 for admission into class X.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 55% marks in class XI for admission to class XII.
Students of N.I.O.S / State Boards / ICSE for Admission In Class Xi In Kendriya Vidyalayas
They are eligible for admission if vacancies exist.