National Sons Day 2023 is a day dedicated to celebrating the importance of sons in families. It is observed annually on September 28th. Sons are an integral part of any family, and this day is a great opportunity to show appreciation for their presence.
Sons play a vital role in families, providing support and love to their parents and siblings. They are often the ones who carry on the family name and traditions. National Sons Day is a great reminder to cherish the bond between parents and sons. It also recognizes the contributions that sons make to their families.
Whether it’s a simple phone call or a special family dinner, this day is a great opportunity to show sons how much they are loved and appreciated.
National Sons Day Date 2023 –September 28th or March 4th
There seems to be some confusion surrounding National Sons Day. While some sources claim that it falls on September 28th, others insist that it is celebrated on March 4th.
It’s unclear why there is such a discrepancy in the dates, but it’s worth noting that there are many unofficial holidays that have multiple dates associated with them.
The majority of the sources claim that this day falls on September 28th. Going with the majority, we are providing dates for this day for the upcoming years.
|2023||September 28th 2023||Thursday|
|2024||September 28th 2024||Saturday|
|2025||September 28th 2025||Sunday|
|2026||September 28th 2026||Monday|
|2027||September 28th 2027||Tuesday|
History of National Sons Day
The origins of this day are not entirely clear, but it is believed to have originated in the United States. According to a theory, National Sons Day got established in 2018 by Jill Nico.
Jill Nico came up with the idea of National Sons Day after realising that there is a day dedicated to daughters in September. However, there is no such day for sons. So, he decided to create this day for sons.
Different Ways to Celebrate National Sons Day
Here are some different ways to celebrate this day with your son.
- Go on a hike or nature walk together – Spend some quality time in nature and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery.
- Cook a meal together – Choose a recipe that you both love and work together to create a delicious meal. This is a great way to bond and learn new cooking skills.
- Have a movie marathon – Pick out some of your favorite movies and spend the day watching them together. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Play a sport together – Whether it is basketball, soccer, or tennis, playing a sport together is a great way to bond and get some exercise.
- Take a road trip – Plan a fun day trip or weekend getaway and explore a new place together. This is a great opportunity to make memories and try new things.
- Write a letter to your son – Take some time to reflect on your relationship and write a heartfelt letter to your son. This is a meaningful way to express your love and appreciation for him.
Check other Special Days in September
National Sons Day Quotes and Messages
Take a look at some quotes and messages to share with your son on this special day:
- “Having a son like you is a blessing beyond measure. Happy National Sons Day!”
- “A son is a gift from above, a treasure to cherish and love”.
- “A son reminds you that the best things in life are worth fighting for”.
- “You make me proud every day with your strength, courage and kindness”.
- “A son is a small boy who grows up to be your best buddy.”
- “I am grateful for the pleasure and happiness you bring into my life”
- “A son may outgrow your lap, but he will never outgrow your heart”.
- “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life”.
- “A son is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words”.
- “A son is the pride of a father and the laughter of a mother”.
5 Reasons Why We Should Love Sons as Much as Daughters
- Sons are the next generation – Sons are the future of our families, and they deserve our utmost respect and love. They will carry on the traditions and values of our families, and help to shape the future of our communities and societies.
- They bring their own unique qualities: Sons can be just as nurturing, empathetic, and caring as daughters. They also have their own unique strengths and talents that should be celebrated.
- Gender stereotypes limit us: When we limit our love and expectations based on gender, we create unnecessary barriers that can prevent our children from reaching their full potential.
- Sons can be just as nurturing and caring as daughters: Many boys display characteristics that are traditionally associated with girls, such as being gentle, compassionate, and empathetic.
- Sons bring joy and happiness to our lives: The love and bond we share with our sons can be just as fulfilling as the love and bond we share with our daughters.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Sons Day is celebrated every year on September 28th.
No, National Sons Day is not a federal holiday.
Yes, daughters can celebrate National Sons Day in honor of their brothers or other important male figures in their lives.
National Sons Day is a relatively new holiday with its origins dating back to just a few years ago.