In this technologically advanced era, mobile payment apps have become an integral part of our lives. They offer convenience as well as efficiency at the time of making payments. One such popular application is PhonePe. It has gained massive popularity in a short span of time. However, even after being one of the most reliable payment apps, PhonePe is prone to some technical glitches. If you are currently facing the issue of PhonePe not working then you are not alone.
Thousands of other users complain about such issues every now and then. We understand the challenges and inconveniences that you might be facing while trying to make a payment. In today’s guide, we will explore some common PhonePe problems along with troubleshooting tips to fix them.
PhonePe At A Glance
|Name of platform||PhonePe|
|Type of platform||Digital Payment & Financial Services|
|Founder||Sameer Nigam, Rahul Chari, Burzin Engineer|
|Headquarters||Salarpuria Softzone, Bengaluru, India|
Is PhonePe UPI down Now?
Before diving into deep troubleshooting, you should first check if there is a service outage in your area. It is possible that PhonePe might not be working due to technical glitches on the server. Here are the steps by which you can see if PhonePe is down in your area.
- Visit the official PhonePe website or run the app on your phone.
- Look out for any notifications about service outages/ maintenance outages, etc. Usually, PhonePe informs users about any ongoing issues on their platform.
- Check social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook for any updates from PhonePe. If there’s an outage, you might find many users complaining about the issues.
- If you can’t find any information then you can contact PhonePe customer support through their website or app. They will be able to provide you with real-time information.
Troubleshooting Measures to Fix PhonePe app not working on Android & iOS
Those who are experiencing issues while using PhonePe App on their Android & iOS devices can check out the following troubleshooting measures.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. You may try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if the issue continues.
- Update the app – Using an outdated app can also cause various issues. Go to the play store or app store to see if there is an update available for this app. Update the app immediately if an update is available.
- Clear app cache: Clearing the app cache can help resolve temporary glitches. You can clear the cache by selecting PhonePe under apps in settings.
- Restart your device – Sometimes, even a simple restart can also fix many app-related problems.
- Reinstall the app: If the previous steps didn’t work, uninstall the app from your device and reinstall it again from the app store. This can help resolve any corrupted files or conflicts.
- Check for system updates: Make sure that your device’s operating system is up to date. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues with PhonePe.
- Contact customer support: If none of the above steps work then it is better to reach out to PhonePe’s customer support.
Unable to create New PhonePe Account and other PhonePe login issues
Many a time, users face problems while creating a new PhonePe account or signing in to their existing accounts. Thankfully, PhonePe has a special ticketing system for such cases. The steps that you need to follow are given below.
- You can’t register using a number if you have used PhonePe using this number before.
- In such a situation, you should log in to your PhonePe account with the same number.
- If you face a problem then you must raise a ticket by tapping on “Contact Us” and following the steps below.
- Provide your PhonePe registered mobile number and tap “Next”.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and tap “Submit and Get help”.
- Choose the “Unable to use PhonePe” option and then tap “Unable to Login/ Register”.
- Enter the details of the problem you are facing and attach a screenshot of the error you are getting.
- Tap “Send” to submit and PhonePe customer support representatives will contact you within the next 3 days to help you fix the issue.
PhonePe Support on Social Media
You can also seek help from PhonePe customer service through social media. The details are as follows.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several possible reasons behind the same. It could be due to technical issues, poor network connectivity, outdated app versions, etc.
Make sure that your bank is supported by PhonePe. Also, confirm that you are not making any typing mistakes while entering the bank account.
App crashes can occur due to a lot of reasons such as bugs in the app, insufficient device storage, compatibility issues, etc.
Usually, PhonePe communicates about service disruptions or technical issues through its official social media channels.