Delhi Nursery application process is all set to start from 15th December 2021. Check below the list of documents required for admission.
Getting your kid enrolled in school for nursery has changed drastically. Due to immense competition, nowadays, schools have a lot of criteria that every student must fulfill in order to get admission. Due to a large number of criteria, parents/ students have to submit a lot of documents. There is no doubt that it can be mind-boggling to manage and arrange these documents for admission. At the same time, parents must ensure their documents are up to date so that they don’t face any problems during admission. This post is just for you in case you don’t know what documents are required for Delhi School Admission. Here, we are going to provide complete lists of all the mandatory and non-mandatory documents required at the time of admission to Delhi School.
Documents necessary for admission to Delhi Schools
Different documents are required for candidates from various categories. Check out the list of necessary documents for students from various categories.
Documents required for candidates from General Category
Candidates need to provide the documents as per the instruction of DOE (Directorate of Education). However, there are many private and aided schools that demand some additional documents well. All the documents submitted should be self-attested by applicants. Parents need to show the original documents if their ward gets selected for admission in Delhi. Given below is the list of required documents for the General Category.
- Birth Certificate: The birth certificate must be issued by a competent authority such as the Municipal Corporation or equivalent. Name of the child along with other relevant information such as DOB, Parents name, must be mentioned on the certificate and it should be duly signed by the Registrar of Birth.
- Residence Proof: Ration Card/Smart Card issued in the name of parents (Mother/Father having the name of child), Voter I-Card (EPIC) of any of the parents, Aadhaar Card/Ulfr card (Front & Back) issued in the name of any of the parents, Domicile certificate of child or of his/her parents, Electricity bill/MTNL telephone bill/Water bill/Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- Aadhar Card of Child
- Father’s Aadhar Card
- Mother’s Aadhar Card
- Recent passport size photo of the child
- Father’s/ Guardian’s recent passport size photo
- Photograph of the Mother
- A family photo
- Medical Certificate and Immunization Certificate: Issued by a registered Medical Practitioner
Apart from the mandatory documents, there are some non-mandatory documents as well that are required for those applicants who seek reservation under some category. The list of non-mandatory documents is given below.
- Baptism Certificate/ Dedication Certificate
- Religion Minority Certificate (Sikh Certificate/Baptism Certificate, Letter of the Parish Priest)
- Letter of the Parish Priest/ Pastor (For Christians/ Catholic students)
- ‘Girl Child’ Affidavit (if applicable)
- Affidavit of ‘Single Parent’ along with Death Certificate/ Divorce Certificate.
- Parent’s Mark sheet of class XII/Passing Certificate: For alumnus parent
- Affidavit of Twin Children
- Affidavit of First/ Single Child.
- Transfer Certificate (if applicable)
- Parents who are national awardee need to produce the national certificate
- Staff’s latest ID Card if the applicant is the staff’s ward.
- Affidavit for proof of the distance from the school.
- Affidavit for inter-community/inter-cast marriage.
Documents required for candidates from EWS Category
In contrast to general category candidates, the application process for EWS/ DG Category candidates is centralized by the government. The parents of the child must produce the following documents in original at the time of the admission (if get selected via a lucky draw). Apart from this, parents need to visit the school with self-attested photocopies at the time of registration.
- Date of Birth Proof (Any of the following documents)
- The birth certificate under the Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificate Act. 1969.
- Anganwadi Record.
- Declaration of the age of the child by the parents or guardian.
- Hospital/Auxiliary Nurse and Midwife (ANM) register record
- Residential Address Proof (Any one of the following documents)
- Ration card in the name of Parents along with the name of the child on it.
- Domicile certificate of the child or his/her parents.
- Voter ID card of any of the parents.
- Bills such as Electricity/ Landline/ Water bill etc.
- Unique Identity Card (Aadhaar card) of either of the parents or the child as issued by the Govt. of India.
- Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
- In the case of rented accommodation, an affidavit on stamp paper should be submitted along with any valid photo identity for e.g. Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID, etc.
Note: You should note that the address mentioned in the address proof should match the address filled in the application form.
- Income Proof of Parent (Any one of the following documents)
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Ration Card (AAY – Pink Colored)
- Below Poverty Line Ration card (BPL – Yellow Colored)
- Income certificate issued from the Revenue Officer above or equivalent the rank of Tehsildar
- Food Security Cards issued by Dept. of Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, GNCT of Delhi
- Disadvantage Group (DG) Proof
- For orphan child, a Certificate issued in accordance with the instruction issued by the Department of Women and Child Development, GNCT of Delhi would be required.
- Medical Certificate issued by Government Hospital declaring the child with Special Needs/ physically challenged/ transgender
- Caste Certificate issued by Revenue Department GNCT Delhi from the DC’s Office in respect of Non-Creamy Layer status (SC/ST/OBC) of the parents.
- A Certificate issued by a Revenue Officer above or equivalent the rank of Tehsildar or any other Competent Authority.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it mandatory to have proof of date of birth of child?
Answer: Yes, date of birth proof of a child is the most important documents required at the time of admission at schools in Delhi. In case you don’t have it they you should apply for the same immediately. For the EWS category candidates, written undertaking by parents is treated as a valid date of birth of the child.
Question – 2: Do I need to have an Aadhar Card Mandatory?
Answer: Yes, it is compulsory to have an aadhar card along with a birth certificate in order to get admission.
Question – 3: Can I use two different address proofs of the child in order to apply to two different schools in different zones?
Answer: No, it is illegal to do so as per the DOE article dated 25 December 2017.
Question – 4: We are living in a rented place. Can I submit the rent slip instead of address proof?
Answer: Well, it depends upon the school. Some schools may accept the same as a valid address proof while others may not.
Question – 5: Can I apply under the EWS category. If the name of my child is not mentioned on the BPL?
Answer:Yes, you can apply. If you have valid Income proof.
Question – 6: My caste certificate is issued by the authority of some other states. Is it possible for me to get the benefit reservation?
Answer: No, the caste certificate should be issued from the competent authority in Delhi only.
Question – 7: My income certificate is not yet issued by the authority. How can I apply under the EWS category?
Answer: You can apply for the same by using the “Applied For” option. At the doing of applying, you have to apply using a receipt/ application number of the Income/Caste certificate.
Question – 8: Is it necessary to have an income certificate in order to apply for the DG category?
Answer: No, an income certificate is not required for applying under DG category.
Question – 9: Do I need to submit the original documents at the time of applying?
Answer: No, you just have to submit the self-attested photocopies of the original documents
Question – 10: The validity of my income certificate has expired. I have applied for the renewal of the same. How can I apply under EWS category?
Answer: You can apply under the EWS quota using the “Applied for” option and enter your receipt/ application number.