A large number of applicants every year prepare for bank exams after their graduation. SBI PO is a very popular banking exam and hundreds of thousands of candidates prepare every year for this exam. But to stand out, it is essential that candidates prepare for the exam thoroughly and deeply, covering every important aspect of the SBI PO syllabus 2023. to provide in-depth familiarity with SBI PO syllabus, the same has been provided in this article in detail. Complete knowledge of SBI PO 2023 syllabus along with the exam pattern can play a significant role in SBI PO preparation.
SBI PO Syllabus 2023 for Preliminary Exam
The SBI PO exam is conducted in two stages- preliminary and main exam. The prelims are important to clear if the candidate wish to appear for the main exam. SBI PO preliminary exam will be an online test of 1 hour containing multiple choice questions. Questions will be asked from Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English subjects. Important topics include Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Permutation, Combination, Logical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, etc.
The detailed SBI PO preliminary exam syllabus 2023 comprising of all the important topics from Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English are provided in the table below. Make sure that you cover these topics thoroughly while preparing for the test.
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest||Data Sufficiency||Reading Comprehension|
|Work & Time||Logical Reasoning||Paragraph Completion|
|Sequence & Series||Seating Arrangement||Para jumbles|
|Mixtures & Alligations||Coded Inequalities||Cloze Test|
|Time & Distance||Directions||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Simplification/ Approximation||Alphabet Test||Fill in the blanks|
|Surds & Indices||Ranking & Order||Sentence Completion|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Syllogism||Vocabulary|
|Permutation, Combination & Probability||Alphanumeric Series||Tenses Rules|
|Ratio & Proportion||Input-Output|
|Profit & Loss||Puzzle|
|Data Interpretation||Blood Relations|
Syllabus for SBI PO Main Exam 2023
Candidates who clear the preliminary exam will have to appear for SBI PO main exam to be considered for final selection. This is the second and final stage of SBI PO exam after which an interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted. SBI PO main exam will be an online test of 3 hours and will comprise of multiple choice questions. Questions will be asked from Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness and English Language subjects. Important topics include Graph, Charts & Tables, Probability, Verbal Reasoning, Current Affairs, Financial Awareness, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, etc. A descriptive paper in English consisting of letter writing and essay will also be asked in the main exam. This paper will be held through offline mode.
The detailed SBI PO main exam 2023 syllabus comprising of all the important topics from Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness and English Language are provided in the table below. Make sure that you cover these topics thoroughly while preparing for the test.
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Charts & Tables, Tabular Graph, Line Graph, Bar Graph, Missing Case, Let it Case, Radar Graph Caselet, Data Sufficiency, Probability, Permutation and Combination and Pie Charts
- Verbal Reasoning, Coding and Decoding, Ordering and Ranking, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement (Circular & Linear), Double Lineup, Input Output, Scheduling, Blood Relations, Data Sufficiency, Code Inequalities, Directions and Distances, Course of Action, Critical Reasoning and Analytical and Decision Making
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Current Affairs, Financial Awareness, General Knowledge, Static Awareness, Banking Awareness, Principles of Insurance and Banking Terminologies Knowledge
- Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Verbal Ability, Cloze Test, Vocabulary, Sentence Improvement, Word Association, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks and Error Spotting
- English Language Letter Writing & Essay
Preparation tips for SBI PO 2023
Here are a few simple yet effective tips for candidates preparing for SBI PO 2023 exam:
- Make sure to refer genuine books while preparing for SBI PO exam 2023.
- All the important topics included in the SBI PO syllabus 2023 must be covered at least twice.
- Different sections of PO exam carry different marks and duration to complete. Familiarize yourself with the SBI PO exam pattern 2023 to prepare better.
- Solve sample papers and previous years’ question papers to get more idea about the exam and exam pattern.
- Do not leave any topic from the syllabus thinking they might not be important.
100 questions in preliminary exam and 155 in main exam
Quantitative Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness and English
Qualified candidates will be called for group discussion and interview round.