Revised syllabus for class 9th Science subject has been published by the UP board (only for the current academic year). The syllabus has been revised only for the current academic session due to the outbreak of coronavirus. Details related to the UP Board Class 9 Science Syllabus 2023-24 have been provided in this article. Both included and excluded portion of the syllabus has been mentioned here.
Latest: UP Board class 9 Science latest syllabus is available to check..UP Board class 9 Science syllabus 2022-2023 PDF
Class 9 Science Syllabus for UP Board- Included syllabus
Topics as considered more important by the board have been included in the class 9 Science syllabus for the academic year 2023-24. List of these topics have been provided below. Preparation for the exam should be done from these topics only as the questions will be asked from them only. Rest syllabus can be left by the candidates.
Unit I: Matter – Nature and Behavior (20 Marks)
- Definition of matter, solid, liquid and gas, characteristics – shape, volume, density, change of state- melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation
- Nature of matter: Elements, compounds and mixtures, Heterogeneous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions, Particle nature and their basic units: Atoms and molecules, Law of chemical combination, Law of conservation of mass, Law of constant proportions, Atomic and molecular masses
- Structure of atoms: Electrons, protons and neutrons, valency
Unit II: Organization in the Living World (15 Marks)
- Cell – Basic Unit of life: Cell as a basic unit of life, prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multi-cellular organisms, cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles and cell inclusions, chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, nucleus, chromosomes- basic structure, number
- Tissues, Organs, Organ System, Organism: Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (only four types of tissues in animals, Meristematic and Permanent tissues in plants)
- Biological Diversity: Diversity of plants and animals- basic issues in scientific naming, basis of classification, Hierarchy of categories/ groups, Major groups of plants (salient features) (Bacteria, Thallophyta, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms and Angiosperms), Major groups of animals (salient features) (Non-chordates up to phyla and chordates up to classes)
Unit III: Motion, Force and Work (25 marks)
- Motion: Distance and displacement, velocity, uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line, acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion
- Force and Newton’s laws: Force and Motion, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Action and Reaction forces, Inertia of a body, Inertia and mass, Momentum, Force and Acceleration
- Gravitation: Gravitation, Universal Law of Gravitation, Force of Gravitation of the earth (gravity), Acceleration due to Gravity
- Floatation: Thrust and Pressure, Archimedes’ Principle, Buoyancy Work, energy and power: Work done by a Force, Energy, power, Kinetic and Potential energy
- Sound: Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans, ultrasound, reflection of sound
Unit IV: Our Environment (06 marks)
- Physical resources: Air, Water, Soil, Air for respiration, for combustion, for moderating temperatures
- Air, water and soil pollution (brief introduction), Holes in ozone layer and the probable damages
- Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature: Water, Oxygen, and Nitrogen
Unit V: Food Production (04 marks)
- Use of fertilizers and manures, Protection from pests and diseases, Organic farming
List of experiments
- a) a true solution of common salt, sugar and alum
- b) a suspension of soil, chalk powder and fine sand in water
- c) a colloidal solution of starch in water and egg albumin/ milk in water and distinguish between these on the basis of transparency, filtration criterion and stability
- Preparation of
- a) A mixture
- b) A compound using iron filings and sulphur powder and distinguishing between these on the basis of: appearance, i.e., homogeneity and heterogeneity, behavior towards a magnet, behavior towards carbon disulphide as a solvent and effect of heat
- Separation of the components of a mixture of sand, common salt and ammonium chloride (or camphor).
- Perform the following reactions and classify them as physical or chemical changes:
- a) Iron with copper sulphate solution in water
- b) Burning of magnesium ribbon in air
- c) Zinc with dilute sulphuric acid
- d) Heating of copper sulphate crystals
- e) Sodium sulphate with barium chloride in the form of their solutions in water
- Preparation of stained temporary mounts of (a) onion peel, (b) human cheek cells & to record observations and draw their labeled diagrams.
- Identification of Parenchyma, collenchyma and sclerenchyma tissues in plants, striped, smooth and cardiac muscle fibers and nerve cells in animals, from prepared slides and draw their labeled diagrams.
- Determination of the melting point of ice and the boiling point of water.
- Verification of the Laws of reflection of sound.
- Determination of the density of solid (denser than water) by using a spring balance and a measuring cylinder.
- Establishing the relation between the loss in weight of a solid when fully immersed in
- a) Tap water
- b) Strongly salty water with the weight of water displaced by it by taking at least two different solids.
- Determination of the speed of a pulse propagated through a stretched string/slinky (helical spring).
- Study of the characteristics of Spirogyra, Agaricus, Moss, Fern, Pinus (either with male or female cone) and an Angiospermic plant and draw and give two identifying features of the groups they belong to.
- Observe the given pictures/charts/models of earthworm, cockroach, bony fish and bird. For each organism, draw their picture and record:
- a) one specific feature of its phylum.
- b) one adaptive feature with reference to its habitat.
- Verification of the law of conservation of mass in a chemical reaction.
- Study of the external features of root, stem, leaf and flower of monocot and dicot plants.
List of Projects (15 marks)
Three projects each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology should be prepared by the student from the given project list.
- Importance of chemicals in daily life (role of chemicals in kitchen, food, medicine, fabric, cosmetics)
- Taking sample of Water from various sources (wells, taps, ponds, rivers) and checking their purity and prepare a project to make impure water potable
- Taking different samples of milk and ghee to find out the adulteration of vegetation (by hydrochloric acid and sugar)
- To study the effect of boiling point of water on dissolving different substances (urea, glucose, sucrose and salt etc)
- List the ideal black bodies used around you and study the effect of radiation energy in daily life
- Make a list of different instruments and show which part of those instruments is vibrated
- To make a pictorial study of wave generated on surface of water by preparing a model of wave machine
- To get information about the habitat and habitat of birds by preparing pictorial list of birds found in your area
- To prepare a model of DNA
- To get information about the causes of local water pollution and study the effect of water pollution on protozoan, fish, algae
- Study of cell structures by microscopic observation by making a stained slide of onion membrane
- To study and illustrate different types of motions on a chart paper
- To make a pictorial study of effect of global warming on human life
- Role of chemicals in environmental pollution and Ozone layer depletion
- To visit the nearby fields and find out from the farmers what fertilizer they used for which crops and Make a list of the nutrients of these fertilizers
Class 9 Science Syllabus for UP Board- Removed syllabus
Around 30% topics from the class 9 Science syllabus have been removed by the board in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. These topics can be studied by the students if they wish to but are not important from the examination point of view. List of the removed topics is provided below.
Unit I: Matter-Nature and Behavior
- Particle nature and their basic units: Mole concept, Relationship of mole to mass of the particles and numbers
- Structure of atoms: Chemical formula of common compounds, Isotopes and Isobars
Unit II: Organization in the Living World
- Health and Diseases: Health and its failure, Infectious and Non-infectious diseases, their causes and manifestation, Diseases caused by microbes (Virus, Bacteria and Protozoan) and their prevention, Principles of treatment and prevention, Pulse Polio programmes
Unit III: Motion, Force and Work
- Motion: derivation of equations of motion by graphical method, elementary idea of uniform circular motion
- Force and Newton’s laws: Elementary idea of conservation of Momentum
- Gravitation: Mass and Weight, Free fall
- Floatation: Elementary idea of Relative Density
- Work, energy and power: Law of conservation of energy
- Sound: Echo and SONAR, Structure of the Human Ear (Auditory aspect only)
Unit IV: Our Environment
- Physical resources: movements of air and its role in bringing rains across India
- Bio-geo chemical cycles in nature: Carbon
Unit V: Food Production
- Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management
7 thoughts on “UP Board Class 9 Science Syllabus 2023-24 (Latest PDF)”
Syllabus samjh nhi as rha h koi batao na kya h syllabus kl se mera final exam h😫😫
did you on instagram them message me for science syllabus
kons se class me ho tum
Mam aap mujhe pdha skte ho
Kripya paper ke bare mein bataen
I’m a science teacher of class 9th . Please provide me a valid science syllabus in the year 2020-2021.
hello first link per click Kro 9th syllabus download ker lo me bhi 9 th ka hu