Uttar Pradesh is a state rich in historical and religious places and one can find so many places to visit there on their holidays. There are some national and gazetted holidays that are observed by almost every bank and every school of the state. Other than this, every bank has fixed off on second and fourth Saturdays. Knowing about these holidays can help a person plan trips and tours so that they do not get bored, especially on long holidays. Information related to Uttar Pradesh Bank Holidays 2023 like the day and date on which they will fall are provided here in this article.
List of Government Holidays 2023 in Uttar Pradesh
In the year 2023, a total of 24 public holidays have been announced that is to be observed by banks, schools and public offices. Most of these holidays will be granted in private offices too but possibility of getting off on every one of these holidays are less. The table below provides a list of Uttar Pradesh Government Holidays 2023. If any modification is made later by the appropriate authority in the dates of these holidays, the same will be reflected here.
|Hazrat Ali Birthday
|Dr B R Ambedkar Jayanti
|29th June to 30th June
|Thursday to Friday
|30 and 31 August
|Wednesday and Thursday
|6 and 7 September
|Wednesday and Thursday
|Guru Nanak Jayanti
Bank Holidays in Uttar Pradesh
Other than all the government holidays mentioned above, the banks in Uttar Pradesh also marks all the second and fourth Saturdays as holidays. Earlier banks used to work half days on all Saturdays but a new statement was passed stating that second and fourth Saturdays will be holidays and the rest Saturdays (first, third and fifth) will be working. However, service like ATM, IMPS, NEFT, etc work on holidays as well and people can make online transfers on these days. Check out the list of second and fourth Saturdays in Uttar Pradesh 2023 apart from the government holidays.
- 14th January : Second Saturday
- 28th January : Fourth Saturday
- 11th February : Second Saturday
- 25th February : Fourth Saturday
- 11th March : Second Saturday
- 25th March : Fourth Saturday
- 8th April : Second Saturday
- 22nd April : Fourth Saturday
- 13th May : Second Saturday
- 27th May : Fourth Saturday
- 10th June : Second Saturday
- 24th June : Fourth Saturday
- 8th July : Second Saturday
- 22nd July : Fourth Saturday
- 12th August : Second Saturday
- 26th August : Fourth Saturday
- 9th September : Second Saturday
- 23rd September : Fourth Saturday
- 14th October : Second Saturday
- 28th October : Fourth Saturday
- 11th November : Second Saturday
- 25th November : Fourth Saturday
- 9th December : Second Saturday
- 23rd December : Fourth Saturday
UP School Holiday List 2023
Most schools provide a holiday on the national holidays that are discussed above. Other than that, there may be other holidays granted by different schools of the state according their own policy. Sundays are normally off in all schools while some provide off on both Saturdays and Sundays. Some schools offer holidays to primary students on Saturday while classes remain open for higher grades.
Those who want to get the details of holiday observed by a particular school can get the same from the brochure of the school. Other than that, the list of holidays in a school is provided on its official website.
How to celebrate holidays in Uttar Pradesh?
There are multiple ways in which you can spend the day off on a holiday. Most people plan a long trip if one or more holidays come together or there is a long weekend. If the holiday is simply a one day off, most people like spending the day home with their family and watch movies and play games. Someone keen on going out can also plan a picnic in any nearby park. If planning the day inside home, try not to spend it in laziness and surrounded by tech gadgets and if the weather is nice outside, you can definitely consider going outside. So, basically the bank holidays in Uttar Pradesh can be spent outdoor or indoor based on the interest of an individual.
Where to visit on holidays in Uttar Pradesh?
Uttar Pradesh is a state of historical as well as religious importance and thus one can find a lot of places to visit in the state. People living near historic places like Agra or Lucknow can go visit the historical monuments like Imambara, Taj Mahal, Diwan-e-khaas, Gol Darwaza, etc. Those who live in or nearby religious places like Mathura, Varanasi, Prayag Raj, Ayodhya can spend their day visiting temples and ghaats, for which these places are actually famous for. A few places where one can visit on holidays in Uttar Pradesh are listed below.
- Agra- Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, Sikandra Fort, Sheesh Mahal, Mehtab Bagh, Agra Art Gallery, Jama Masjid, Imperial Wax Museum, Khas Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, Diwan-i-Am, Diwan-i-Khaas, Moti Masjid, Agra Fort, Akbar’s Tomb, Anguri Bagh & Jodha Bai ka Rauza
- Varanasi– Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple, Assi Ghat, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Tulsi Manasa Temple, Ganga Aarti, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Rajdari Waterfalls, Devdari Waterfall, Nepali temple, Batuk Bhairav Mandir, Kedar Ghat, St Mary’s Church, Bharat Kala Bhavan Museum, New Vishwanath Temple & Ramnagar Fort
- Lucknow– Bara Imambara, Chota Imambara, Ambedkar Memorial Park, Rumi Darwaza, British Residency, State Museum, Hazratganj Market, Moti Mahal Palace, Lucknow Zoo, Sikandar Bagh, Chattar Manzil, Jama Masjid, Indira Gandhi Planetarium & Gomti Riverfront Park
- Ayodhya– Shri Ram Janma Bhoomi, Dashrath Bhavan, Ram Katha Park, Bahu Begum Ka Maqbara, Sita Ki Rasoi, Nageshwarnath Temple, Kanak Bhavan Temple, Hanuman Garhi Mandir, Tulsi Smarak Bhawan, Moti Mahal, Swarg Dwar, Guptar Ghat, Choti Chawni, Gulab Bari & Mani Parbat
- Mathura– Dwarkadheesh Temple, Kans Qila, Shri Krishna Janmasthan Temple, Jama Masjid, Vaishno Devi Dham, Radha Kund, Govardhan Hill, Bhuteshwar Mahadev Mandir, Chamunda Devi Temple, Kokilavan, Vishram Ghat, Kusum Sarovar, Birla Mandir & Potara Kund
- Prayag Raj- Triveni Sangam, Jawahar Planetarium, Allahabad Fort, Bharadwaj Ashram, Khusro Bagh, Minto Park, Clock Tower, Anand Bhavan, Chandrashekhar Azad Park, Bargad Ghat, New Yamuna Bridge, Allahabad Museum, All Saints Cathedral, Sri Mankameshwar Mandir, Swaraj Bhavan, Sumitranandan Pant Park & Akshayavat
Please check above the list of school holidays in UP.