Today on March 3, 2022, the world is celebrating World Hearing Day 2022. The theme of World Hearing Day is ‘to hear for life, listen with care’.
Each year on March 3, the globe celebrates World Hearing Day. There will be a focus on hearing problems and ear disorders throughout life this year with the theme of “Screen, Rehabilitate, and Communicate”. This day is set aside to raise awareness about the need of receiving prompt medical attention if you have hearing damage. Here on particular day, we want to promote consciousness about preventative measures for hearing loss and the potential dangers they pose.
World Health Organization (WHO) picks a topic for World Hearing Day each year. To get the word out, several events and seminars are held. Globally, almost 2.5 million people – or 1 in 4 individuals – would have some hearing impairment by 2050, according to the WHO’s inaugural World Report on Hearing. More than half of them will need hearing aids as well as other rehabilitative treatments over the next decade if nothing is done.
World Hearing Day 2022: Significance
People will be more socially connected if they have better ear health and can communicate effectively. People who are truly deaf or hard of hearing may benefit from early and suitable treatments in the domains of learning, jobs, and interaction.
World Hearing Day 2022: Objective
This day is set aside to improve hearing health and to increase awareness about hearing loss prevention. The goal of World Hearing Day is to raise awareness about the importance of ear and hearing health among the general population. Encourage cross-sectoral collaboration in the field of hearing and ear health. Raise public awareness of hearing loss and how to take care of those who suffer from it on a national and local level all over the globe. Promote good EHC practises through changing people’s behavior.
Several of the reasons of hearing problems are avoidable, according to the WHO. Public health measures may avert 60 percent of hearing loss in youngsters. People with hearing loss may gain a lot by getting help when they need it. Many public health interventions are needed for the management of established prevention and rehabilitation methods for people with irreparable hearing impairments, such as the inclusion of excellent quality, complete eye and auditory care facilities within healthcare systems.
World Hearing Day 2022: Loss of Hearing
When someone can’t hear as well as someone with normal hearing, they are considered to have hearing loss or deafness. Hearing loss could vary in severity from light to moderate to severe to substantial, and it can affect one or even both ears.
There are numerous reasons why people lose their hearing, but genetics and problems at birth account for the majority of cases. Persistent symptoms usually, using certain medications, or exposed to loud sound are all potential reasons as well. Other reason of hearing problems or impairment is old age.
World Hearing Day 2022: Messages
- Interaction and excellent hearing wellness keep us linked to one another, our organizations, as well as the rest of the world at every stage of life.
- Adequate and early therapies may help people with hearing loss get an education, find work, and communicate.
- Treatments for hearing problems, like hearing devices, are not widely accessible due to financial constraints in many countries.
World Hearing Day 2022: Quotes
- “The art of conversation is the art of hearing as well as of being heard.” (William Hazlitt)
- “If you look hard and long, you can find us. If you listen hard and long, you can hear any of us, call any of us that you wish.” (Tamora Pierce)
- “I don’t remember having ever learned anything while I was talking. Every single thing I’ve ever learned in my life, I’ve learned by listening or reading.” (Art Rios)
- “Listening is the most dangerous thing of all, listening means knowing, finding out about something and knowing what’s going on, our ears don’t have lids that can instinctively close against the words uttered, they can’t hide from what they sense they’re about to hear, it’s always too late.” (Javier Marías).
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the theme of World Hearing Day 2022?
Answer: The theme of World Hearing Day 2022 is ‘to hear for life, listen with care’.
Question 2: Why do we celebrate World Hearing Day?
Answer: This day is celebrated across the globe to raise awareness on how one can prevent hearing loss and deafness.
Question 3: When was World Hearing Day started?
Answer: In the year 2007 by World Health Organization (WHO).