When is World Kidney Day 2023: There are several kidney disorders and how they might influence a person’s life on World Kidney Day, which is celebrated on March 10. A kidney is essential to the functioning of the human body, and without one, even the simplest of activities becomes a difficult one.
To promote awareness of kidney health, hundreds of activities take place throughout the world on this day. Public screenings, lectures, and marathons are all included in this category. Raising awareness about kidney health and how to live a long, disease-free life are the main objectives of the project.
World Kidney Day 2023: A Brief History
In an effort to raise awareness about the importance of kidneys, World Kidney Day was established in 2006 as part of a larger campaign. As part of their joint effort, the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF) and the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) established World Kidney Day as a method to raise awareness about kidney health throughout the world. Additionally, the day raises awareness of renal disease and the need of maintaining healthy kidney function. A secondary goal of the day is to raise awareness about the importance of screening for chronic kidney disease in all diabetics and hypertensives, as both of these diseases are risk factors for the condition.
Civilizations were aware of the kidneys in the human body long before science arrived at its current state of knowledge. As a result, the Bible mentions kidneys more than 30 times throughout its narrative. According to Professor Garabed Eknoyan, the organ is a sign of sentiments, desire, and knowledge. The kidneys have been described in the Ebers Papyrus, which dates back to ancient Egypt.
This was discovered in 1550 B.C. by a German Egyptologist named Georg Ebers. The inclusion of ancient physicians’ insights in this study elevates it to the level of significance it deserves. Photos of human mummies with ailments such as kidney cysts and stones are included in this collection, which is an unexpected inclusion given the subject matter.
To commemorate World Kidney Day, governments throughout the world are being urged to do more to improve kidney screening, lab values, and hospitalization rates, and to hold themselves accountable for the results. Insurers and hospital systems have developed protocols and recommendations that emphasize the importance of data.
When is World Kidney Day 2023?
This year’s topic reframes kidney disease care as enhancing outcomes so that patients may participate in their lives. Meeting laboratory objectives and following protocols do not guarantee that patients are receiving adequate treatment, as the topic makes clear.
|World Kidney Day 2023||Friday||March 10, 2023|
World Kidney Day 2023 Theme: The theme of 2022 World Kidney Day was “Kidney Health for All”.
Activities to perform on World Kidney Day
- Increase public awareness of our “wonderful kidneys” Underline the fact that diabetes and high blood pressure are significant risk factors for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Encourage the systematic screening of all individuals with diabetes and high blood pressure for chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- In order to manage the CKD pandemic, it is critical to emphasise the critical role played by local and national health authorities. On World Renal Day, all governments are urged to take action and invest in more kidney screening programmes in order to save lives.
- Encourage kidney transplantation as the greatest treatment option for kidney failure, as well as the act of organ donation as a potentially life-saving measure.
Facts about World Kidney Day
- Vitamin D may be produced in the body by the kidneys.
- In terms of size and weight, the kidneys fall between 4 and 6 ounces.
- Only approximately 25 percent of kidney function is lost if one of the kidneys is removed from the body.
- All of the blood in your body is filtered every 30 minutes by the kidneys.
- As measured by its widest point, the biggest kidney stone was 4.66 inches in diameter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the purpose of National Kidney Month?
Answer: Observed annually in March, National Kidney Month raises awareness of kidney health and urges individuals to fund kidney disease research while also taking precautions to keep them as safe and as healthy as possible.
Question 2: What is the significance of World Kidney Day?
Answer: Globally, the goal of World Renal Day is to increase awareness of the critical role our kidneys play in our general health, as well as to minimize the incidence and its related health concerns.
Question 3: Do your kidneys function around the clock?
Answer: Your kidneys operate around the clock by filtering out pollutants and excess fluid and controlling your blood pressure, among other things. Damage to these essential organs may be irreparable, although many people are completely ignorant of what may be damaging to them.