AIIMS Stands for All India Institute of Medical Science. These premier medical colleges attract lakhs of patients every year. A large percentage of these patients are from other districts or states. Now, the Government of India is all set to give them a big relief. The health ministry of the central government has decided to link district hospitals of the states to the AIIMS and release an AIIMS Telemedicine phone number.
Central Health Minister Mr. Mansukh Mandaviya decided to take this step after a brief discussion with the heads of various departments. According to experts, the release of AIIMS Telemedicine counselling number is a revolutionary step and it will take some workload of AIIMS. In this post, we are going to discuss what are the government plans regarding AIIMS Telemedicine service and how it is going to help the common man.
What is AIIMS Telemedicine Facility and its Objectives?
Go through the following points to understand AIIMS Telemedicine Facility and its objectives.
- Through the AIIMS Telemedicine service the central government is connecting district hospitals in the state with AIIMS.
- With this facility a patient will be able to call AIIMS Telemedicine Phone Number and take necessary suggestions from AIIMS health experts before going to AIIMS for treatment.
- One of the main objectives behind the launch of this facility is to unclutter the rush often observed in AIIMS.
- Many a time, it is observed that patients reach AIIMS even for normal illness. They can easily be treated at district hospitals in their states. This results in an unnecessary rush at already overloaded AIIMS.
- Now, patients will be able to talk to AIIMS health experts over the phone and will reach AIIMS only if required.
- The specialist doctors from AIIMS will also help doctors of district hospitals in states.
AIIMS Telemedicine Helpline Number
3rd Floor, Old Nurses Hostel Building,
Near SBI Branch, AIIMS,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029
Email : [email protected]
Phone no. 91 – 011- 26546616.
Fax no. 91-011- 26588641, 26588663.
Faculty Incharge, Telemedicine
Ph 91-011- 26545672
Officer Incharge, Telemedicine
Mr. S. Rangabashiam
Ph- 91-011- 26546623.
Check world’s richest doctors
A Big Relief for Patient looking for Blood Tests at AIIMS
If you have visited AIIMS then you might know that getting a Blood Test at AIIMS can be a hectic task due to long queues. Now, the government of India has decided to resolve this problem. The central health minister has made some important announcements as given below.
- From September onwards, the timings of collecting blood samples will be increased. The AIIMS will collect blood samples up to 6:00 PM.
- With these new proposals, patients will be able to give blood samples from 8 AM in the morning to 6 PM in the evening.
Major Benefits of AIIMS Telemedicine
- Patients can take help from the health experts whenever they want by using their phones.
- AIIMS will release a helpline number. Patients can video call doctors and seek help regarding their illness. The experts will guide patients if they require to come to the AIIMS or not.
- The Telemedicine facility will also connect AIIMS to various district hospitals in different states.
- Doctors from district hospitals will be able to seek help from the specialists of AIIMS.
- Patients will be able to know the rules and regulations of AIIMS and how they can get themselves treated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, actually the motive of launching this service is to make doctor counselling available to patients over the phone. In this way, they will not have to come to AIIMS just for taking doctor suggestions.
This service is also helpful for the doctors of district hospitals. In case they want to take suggestions from experts of AIIMS regarding a patient in their district hospital then they can take the same. The teleconsultancy of doctors will also have the facility of video calls.
The facility will also be made to transfer complex electronic medical records of the patient such as clinical information, diagnostic tests like E.C.G., radiological images, etc. We can say that currently, Telemedicine in India is at a nascent stage and AIIMS are all set to take it to the highest glory. AIIMS would entertain requests from any Govt hospital for super speciality consultation subject to the availability of concerned faculty. However, prior scheduling is required for the same.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), the exact definition of Telemedicine is “The delivery of healthcare services, where distance is a critical factor, by all healthcare professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation, and for continuing education of healthcare providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities”.
Of course, you can take this appointment with the help of AIIMS Telemedicine number. The experts will guide you through the complete process.