Central Hindu Girls School (CHGS) and Central Hindu Boys School (CHBS) are integral parts of Banaras Hindu University. Founded by Annie Besant, there are two of the best schools in Uttar Pradesh. A large number of students are expected to apply for CHS Admission in 2024.
Students and parents should know that BHU CHS Admission 2024 will be offered in Nursery, LKG, 1st, 6th, 9th, and 11th classes only. An entrance exam called BHU SET 2024 will be organised for class 9th and 11th admission. For the rest of the classes, admissions will be based on a transparent lottery system.
BHU CHS Admission 2024 Quick Highlights
|Admission||Central Hindu School Admission 2024|
|Management Authority||Banaras Hindu University|
|Name of schools||Central Hindu Girls School (CHGS) and Central Hindu Boys School (CHBS)|
|Board of Education||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Age Limit||LKG – 4 to 5 Years Nursery – 5 to 6 Years Class 1st – 6 to 8 Years|
|Selection Process for Class 9th and 11th||Based on an entrance test|
|Selection Process for LKG, Nursery, Class 1st, and Class 6th||E-Lottery Draw|
CHS Admission 2024 Important Dates and Schedule
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of CHS 2024 online application form||1st week of March 2024|
|Last date to submit the online application form||Last week of March 2024|
|Availability of correction window||Last week of March 2024 to 1st week of April 2024|
|Date of E-Lottery for class LKG, Nursery, Class 1, and Class VI||4th week of April 2024|
|Date of entrance exam for Class 9th and 11th||Last week of April 2024|
|Declaration of result||May 2024|
CHS Eligibility Criteria 2024
Candidates must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. You can check below eligibility requirements for LKG, Nursery, class 1, 6, 9, and class 11.
|LKG||4 years to 5 years as of 1st April 2024|
|Nursery||5 years to 6 years as of 1st April 2024|
|1st||6 years to 8 years as of 1st April 2024|
|6th||10 years to 12 years as on 30th September 2024 (should be born between 30th September 2012 and 30th September 2014)|
|9th||13 years to 15 years as on 30th September 2024 (should be born between 30th September 2009 and 30th September 2011)|
|11th||Upper age limit is 18 years.|
- For Class 6th – Aspirants must have passed Class 5th from a recognized school.
- For Class 9th – Candidates should have cleared class 8th from a recognized school.
- For Class 11 – Applicants must have passed Class 10 from a recognized board of education.
- Science Stream – At least 60% aggregate marks in class 10th. Plus, 50% marks each in Science and Mathematics.
- Arts Stream – A minimum of 55% aggregate marks in class 10th.
- Commerce Stream – Should have secured passing marks in class 10th.
BHU CHS 2024 Application Form
Those eligible candidates who want to apply for admission need to fill out and submit the application form online. The step-by-step process to submit the same is explained below.
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of Banaras Hindu University i.e. www.bhuonline.in.
- Next, you need to register by providing your basic details such as name, date of birth, email address, etc.
- After basic registration, you may access the main application form.
- In the application form, you must provide your complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Aspirants should also upload scanned images of their relevant documents in the form.
- Next, aspirants must pay the required application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form’s confirmation page and fee receipt.
- All Students except SC/ST category – Rs. 750/-
- SC/ ST Students – Rs. 500/-
- The school will email admit cards to candidates to their respective email addresses.
- Students will also receive an SMS regarding the same on their registered phone number.
- The admit card will carry crucial information like examination date, timing, and venue.
- Those students who are unable to download their admit card a week before the test should contact the authorities immediately.
Check Oldest Schools in India
The selection process for CHS Admission is different for various classes.
- An E-Lottery will be organised for admission to LKG, Nursery, Class 1st, and Class 6th.
- The school will conduct an entrance test for admission to classes 9th and 11th.
BHU SET Entrance Test and Syllabus
Exam Pattern for Class 9th
- 100 MCQ questions on Hindi, English, Mathematics, Social Science, and Science.
- All questions will be based on class 8th syllabus.
Exam Pattern for class 11th
- 100 MCQ questions on various subjects based on different groups.
- Mathematics Group – Hindi, English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- Biology Group – Hindi, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Gen. Studies.
- Arts Group – English, History, Hindi, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Maths and Gen. Studies.
- Commerce Group – Hindi, English, Economics, Maths and Gen. Studies.
Admission and Document Requirement
Shortlisted candidates will have to visit the school to complete the rest of the admission formalities. The school will confirm your admission only after the verification of documents. The list of documents required for admission is as follows.
- Date of birth certificate
- Original mark sheet
- Category certificate
- Last school leaving certificate
- School admission registration form
Number of Available Seats
As per the last year’s admission, you may check out the number of available seats for CHS Admission.
|Central Hindu Girls’ School (CHGS)||Central Hindu Boys’ School (CHBS)|
|11th Mathematics||17||11th Mathematics||38+50 seats reserved for maths group students only|
|11th Biology||16||11th Biology||25|
|11th Commerce||25||11th Commerce||12|
|11th Arts||40||11th Arts||12|
Based on the previous years’ admission. The fee structure of BHU CHS is given below.
|Particular||LKG to V||VI to VIII||IX & X||XI & XII|
|Annual function and Ceremonies||200||0||0||0|
|Art & Craft||0||30||0||0|
|Caution Money (For class IX)||0||0||150||160|
|Co-curricular Facilities (Dance, Music, Art & Craft)||200||0||0||0|
|Cooking (for VII & VIII)||0||40||0||0|
|Games and Sports||100||200||200||200|
|Lab Home Science||0||0||0||110|
|Laundry (For VII & VIII)||0||30||0||0|
|Registration (for Class IX/XI) as per CBSE||0||0||150||150|
|School Magazine, News Letter Glimpse||100||0||0||0|
|Tuition Fee (No Tuition fee for SC/ ST Students)||0||0||0||500|
|New Admission (for class LKG/ VI/ IX/ XI)||200||100||100||150|
|Rs. 3030/-||Rs. 3945/-||Rs. 4225/-||Rs. 6990/-|
|Absence Fine Per Day||5||5||5||5|
|Duplicate T.C. Fee||200||200||200||200|
Frequently Asked Questions
Answer: Yes, for classes 9th and 11th, entrance exams will be conducted.
Answer: Yes, BHU follows a reservation policy as per the government norms.
Answer: The application form is expected to be released in March 2024.
Answer: The documents required for admission include a birth certificate, educational certificates/mark sheets, category certificate (if applicable), and passport-size photographs.
Answer: State-of-the-art classrooms, Science and computer labs, Library, Sports facilities, Medical facilities, Transportation, etc.