General Science is a pretty common yet important topic for those candidates preparing for the different competitive exams. This topic covers the basics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology studied at secondary and senior secondary level. In this post, some selective questions and answers related to General Science are provided for the candidates to practice. More questions will keep adding in this post to keep you updated with the latest trends in General Science.
Almost every exam conducted by UPSC, SSC, IBPS, etc asks GK questions related to General Science. As such, it is very important that the candidates practice this General Science GK questions PDF as much as they can. Also, if you feel like having any query and suggestions, you can drop it in the comment section.
General Science GK Questions and Answers
 Which of the following is not true about mars mission of India?
- A) ISRO has become the fourth space agency to reach Mars
- B) It was launched on 5 November 2012
- C) It was India’s first interplanetary mission
- D) India is the first Asian nation to reach Mars orbit
Answer: B) It was launched on 5 November 2012
 What makes a reptile a reptile?
- A) Warm blooded
- B) Cold blooded
- C) Non-hearing
- D) Egg-laying
Answer: D) Egg-laying
 What is the major role of a greenhouse gas that contributes to temperature rise of the earth’s surface?
- A) Stops both incoming sunlight and outgoing infrared radiation
- B) Lets incoming sunlight pass through but stops outgoing infrared radiation
- C) Lets outgoing infrared radiation pass through but stops incoming sunlight
- D) Transparent to both incoming sunlight and outgoing infrared radiation
Answer: A) Stops both incoming sunlight and outgoing infrared radiation
 Oxygen and ozone are
- A) Isobars
- B) Allotropes
- C) Isotopes
- D) Isomers
Answer: B) Allotropes
 Penicillin which is used as an antibiotic is obtained from
- A) Algae
- B) Lichens
- C) Fungi
- D) Bacteria
Answer: C) Fungi
 Which one of the following types of Laser is used in Laser Printers?
- A) Gas Laser
- B) Excimer Laser
- C) Dye Laser
- D) Semiconductor laser
Answer: A) Semiconductor laser
 Which one of the following is not a function of the liver?
- A) Enzyme activation
- B) Reproduction
- C) Detoxification
- D) Regulation of blood sugar
Answer: B) Reproduction
 Which of the following is a large blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart?
- A) Nerve
- B) Artery
- C) Vein
- D) Capillary
Answer: B) Artery
 Detergent is defined as
- A) A liquid surfactant
- B) A liquid soluble
- C) A liquid solvent
- D) A liquid solution
Answer: A) A liquid surfactant
 Which of the following statement is Not true about IRNSS?
- A) IRNSS consists of constellation of seven satellites of which three are geostationary and four are non-geostationary
- B) Till date 5 satellites of it has been launched
- C) It will provide mapping and tracking services
- D) It was launched on board of PSLV-C30 rocket from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR), Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) It was launched on board of PSLV-C30 rocket from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SHAR), Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh