The Hindu School is run by the state government of West Bengal. Equipped with state-of-the-art facilities the school is imparting quality education to its students for the last 200 years. It is a boy’s school founded by a committee headed by Raja Rammohan Roy, David Hare, etc. The school is affiliated with WBBSCE & WBCHSE boards and currently having a strength of 1250 students. Students from all religions and faiths are studying in this school. In this post, we are providing complete details related to the Hindu School, Kolkata.
Hindu School Kolkata Basic Information
Some basic details related to the Hindu School, Kolkata are given in the table below.
|Date of establishment||20th January 1817|
|Type of school||Government boys school|
|Founder||Raja Rammohan Roy, Radhakanta Deb, Rasamay Dutt, Baidyanath Mukhopadhya, David Hare, Sir Edward Hyde East|
|Board of the school||WBBSE & WBCHSE|
|Classes offered||1st to 12th|
|Number of Teachers||53 (approx.)|
|Number of Students||1250 (approx.)|
|Medium of Instruction||Bengali and English|
|Phone Number||03322412987, 03328640569, 03322572990|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
Hindu School Kolkata Admission Process
Courtesy of its great history and notable alumini, Hindu School Kolkata receives is counted amongst the top schools in Kolkata. This is the reason why a lot of applications for new admissions every year are received by this school. Given below are the details related to the admission process.
- The application process of Hindu School Kolkata will take place in offline mode.
- Interested parents/ students who want to apply need to visit the school and collect the application form.
- In the application form, aspirants/ parents are required to fill in all the compulsory details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the school may reject the application form.
- For admission to class 11th, candidates must have passed 10th with flying colours.
- The school may conduct written tests for admission to lower classes.
- Those students who will get selected for admission need to visit the school and complete the rest of the admission formalities.
Facilities by Hindu School Kolkata
The facilities available at the Hindu School, Kolkata are magnificent. Some of the notable facilities available at the school are as follows.
- Computer Laboratory
- Biology Laboratory
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Well-equipped library
- Dance classes
- Music Room
- Big playground
- Safe and Secure Campus
A few of the notable alumni of the Hindu School, Kolkata are as follows.
- Maharshi Debendranath Tagore – Philosopher & Social Reformer
- Dakshinaranjan Mukherjee – Editor & Social Reformer
- Michael Madhusudan Dutt – Poet
- Kesab Chandra Sen – Social Reformer
- Rishi Rajnarayan Basu – Writer & Intellectual
- Rajendralal Mitra – Indologist & Historian
- Radhanath Sikdar – Mathematician
- Bhudev Mukhopadhyay – Writer, Teacher & Intellectual
- Dinabandhu Mitra – Dramatist
- Kaliprasanna Singha – Writer, Teacher & Intellectual
- Womesh Chunder Bonnerjee – Politician & Social Reformer
- Mahendralal Sarkar – Physician
- Ramtanu Lahiri – Teacher & Social Reformer
- Satyendranath Tagore – Author, Song Composer & Linguist
- Sateyndra Nath Bose – Scientist
- Ramesh Chandra Mazumdar – Historian
- Pratap Chandra Chunder – Politician, Educationist and Author
- Tushar Kanti Ghosh – Author & Journalist
- Chhabi Biswas – Actor
Hindu School Kolkata Contact Details
- Address: 1B, Bankim Chatterjee Street, Kolkata, West Bengal – 700073
- Phone Number: 033 – 22412987, 033 – 28640569, 033 – 22572990
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Official Website: http://hindu-school.com/
We aimed to provide the most accurate information through this post. However, if you think any of the details mentioned are not correct then you may contact us through the comment section. We will try to fix it as early as possible. You may also drop a comment to share your feedback and suggestion.
Check: Ten oldest schools in India
5 thoughts on “Hindu School Kolkata: Admission 2023-24, How to Apply, Eligibility Criteria”
Please Inform Me about the Admission for class V for the 2023–2024 session
Sir primary te admission er form kobe dewa hobe please bolun. Amr chele r boyos 5 years.
SIR,CAN I ADMITTED MY SON OF CLASS 6th of BENGALI MEDIUM, SO. PLEASE EXPLAIN DUE DATE OF ADMISSION TEST & ADMISSION PROSIDEOUR,
I want to get admitted in Hindu school .
I waat to get admitted class 1 in hindu school. Presently my children age 6 years.