It is crucial for an aspirant to have a stronghold on Indian Geography in order to do well in various competitive exams like SSC CGL, UPSC, SSC CHSL, State govt. exams, etc. Apart from this, a few Indian Geography questions are also asked in different banking as well like IBPS PO, SBI Clerk, etc. To score good marks in this section, you have to go through as many Indian Geography GK questions and answers as possible.
We have provided some of the most important questions related to Indian Geography along with their answers in this post. Additionally, we are regularly adding new questions to help aspirant perform well in Indian Geography section. In case you also have some good questions related to the Indian Geography then feel free to post the same in the comment section below.
Indian Geography GK Question with Answer 2023
1) The Kandaleru Dam is located in which state?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C (Andhra Pradesh)
2) Prior to Census 2011, in which among the following census highest Sex Ratio was recorded in India?
(A) Census 1941
(B) Census 1951
(C) Census 1961
(D) Census 1971
Answer: C (Census 1961)
3) “Pagladia” Dam Project is located in which state?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) West Bengal
Answer: C (Assam)
4) Which among the following rivers is known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibet?
Answer: D (Brahamputra)
5) Majuli, the largest river island in the world is located in which among the following states of India?
Answer: A (Assam)
6) As per seismic zoning map of Government of India, Jaitapur site falls within which among the following?
(A) Zone II
(B) Zone III
(C) Zone IV
(D) Zone V
Answer: B (Zone III)
7) From which among the following states, 1st ever post independence Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011 began on 29 June 2011?
Answer: B (Tripura)
8) Rama’s Bridge or Rama Setu is located in which among the following straits?
(A) Bering Strait
(B) Palk Strait
(C) Cook strait
(D) Strait of Tebrau
Answer: B (Palk Strait)
9) The controversial Sindol hydro-power project is located in which among the following states of India?
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: D (Odisha)
10) Garo Hills is a part of which among the following states of India?
Answer: B (Meghalaya)
5 thoughts on “Indian Geography GK Question with Answer – Geography Quiz”
It was helpful and informative questions some the questions l never herd about it then got know and it will improve our general knowledge and it also helps in competitive exams thank u sir/Mam l had great time with this.
Best portal get oneself educated in all streams
it’s very important and helpful… tq
It’s very important and helpful,,,