June 8 of every year is observed as National Best Friend Day in the US. It is a day to honor your friends for being there when you need them and let them know how much you appreciate their company. Friends are an important part of our lives who make good days better and worse days bearable. For people coping with the trauma of life like illness, loss of family, unemployment, etc, friendship plays a significant role in recovering from it. In this article, you will find important details about National Best Friend Day 2023 such as its history, celebration, popular quotes, wishes, and much more.
National Best Friend Day 2023 Date
Below mentioned are the upcoming dates for National Best Friend Day for the upcoming 5 years.
|National Best Friend Day 2023||June 8, 2023||Thursday|
|National Best Friend Day 2024||June 8, 2024||Saturday|
|National Best Friend Day 2025||June 8, 2025||Sunday|
|National Best Friend Day 2026||June 8, 2026||Monday|
|National Best Friend Day 2027||June 8, 2027||Tuesday|
National Best Friend Day 2023 Overview
|Event||National Best Friend Day 2023|
|Date||June 8, 2023|
|Observed by||United States|
|Purpose of celebration||To honor your friends for being there when you need them.|
Significance of National Best Friend Day
Friendship has a lot of value in our lives and life will be incomplete without true friends. Friends are someone who supports and cherish us at every step of our life. Family is someone we get but friends are someone we choose. To celebrate this friendship and appreciate the true friends in our lives, we observe National Best Friends Day every year on June 8.
Check: Important days and dates
History of National Best Friend Day
In 1935, the US Congress decided to dedicate a day to offer regard to all close friends in a person’s life, and thus National Best Friends Day came into existence. June 8 was chosen as the day of observation as the weather is perfect around this time to go out with friends and celebrate the day.
Celebration of National Best Friend Day
People all over the US celebrate National Best Friends Day by sending greetings and presents to their friends. Popular choices of gifts include ‘best friends’ lockets, cards, bracelets, etc. The day is also celebrated on social media where people post pictures with their best friends and send heartfelt wishes to one another. Many people celebrate this day by hanging out with their friends and going to movies, clubs, bars, malls, cafes, etc, while others simply spend the day together at home with dinner and movie night.
Quotes & Wishes for National Best Friend Day 2023
National Best Friend Day Quotes
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. – Tennessee Williams
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
- A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest thing you can have. – Sarah Valdez
- When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands. – Maria Shriver
- Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. – Woodrow T. Wilson
National Best Friend Day Wishes
- I consider myself lucky to have you as my best friend! Happy Best Friends Day
- Thank you for not letting me do the stupid things alone. Happy Best Friend Day.
- Your friendship is the most valuable thing I have and I will cherish it forever. Happy Friendship Day
- Dear friend, thank you for filling my life with joy and happiness. Happy Best Friends Day.
- You are one of the blessings of my life and I feel grateful for that. Happy Best Friends Day.
Friendship Day in Other Countries
Let us check out friendship day celebration dates for some other countries.
- Ecuador, Mexico, Venezuela, Finland, Estonia, and the Dominican Republic: 14 February
- South Africa: 16 April
- Ukraine: 9 June
- Pakistan: 19 July
- Bolivia: 23 July
- Argentina, Brazil, Spain, and Uruguay: 20 July
- India: First Sunday of August
Frequently Asked Questions
June 8 every year
Yes and it is celebrated every year on the 30th of July.