Different variants of Covid – 19 are causing mass level destruction to human societies around the world. The virus is killing thousands of people every day. Its been more than 2 years since this virus was first deducted. Now, we have multiple vaccines capable of tackling this virus. Still, the Omicron virus is causing havoc. So, if you are an Indian or living in the country then you should know Omicoron Symptoms in India to keep yourself safe and healthy.
It is true that most of the Covid – 19 Omicron variant symptoms are similar to other variants. However, it has some unique symptoms as well. Go through this post to know all the necessary details related to the Corona Omicron Variant Symptoms in India. Apart from this, we will also share some other important details about the Omicron variant of Covid 19 virus.
Information Available on Omicron Covid – 19 Variant
Before moving to symptoms, let’s discuss some general details related to Covid – 19 Omicron Variant.
- This variant of Corona or Covid – 19 was first reported on 24th November 2021 in South Africa.
- Omicron spreads at a rate of 70 times faster than the Delta Variant.
- It is true that the Omicron variant of Covid – 19 is 91% less fatal than the delta variant. The risk of hospitalization is 51% less as compared to the Delta variant. However, there is evidence that this virus can penetrate deep into lung tissues.
- This Omicron variant of Covid – 19 has more than 60 mutations (50 non-synonymous mutations, 8 synonymous mutations, and 2 non-coding mutations). The WHO is concerned that a large number of mutations can reduce the immunity of people who are vaccinated or infected with covid previously.
Covid – 19 Omicron Symptoms in India
There is no evidence as of now that suggests that symptoms of Omicron Covid-19 virus are different from those of other variants. However, the worrying news is that this variant can also infect younger individuals as well which includes college students. There are some unofficial news of some unique symptoms is available. Let’s go through the signs and symptoms of Omicron.
Note: We are classifying Omicron Variant Symptoms in India in various categories – Common, Less Common, Serious.
Most Common Symptoms
The most common Omicron Variant signs are as follows.
- Loss of smell or taste
- Night Sweats
Less Common Symptoms
Here are some less common symptoms of the new Covid Variant “Omicron”.
- Sore Throat
- Aches and Pains
- Rashes on the skin
- Discoloration of Toes and Fingers
- Red or irritated eyes
We should contact your doctor immediately if you are facing one of the following serious symptoms of Covid – 19 Omicron Variant.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of Speech
- Loss of Mobility
- Chest Pain
How to prevent Omicron in India?
It is often said that Prevention is better than cure. So, we recommend you take the following measures and keep Covid-19 Omicron at bay.
- Firstly and most importantly, make sure you are vaccinated. Ensure that you have taken both Vaccine doses. Remember, all the vaccines issued by the Government of India are capable of providing you immunity. Don’t worry about the side-effect as they are mild in most cases.
- Take the booster dose of vaccines if you are eligible. Apart from this, vaccines are not available for teenagers as well.
- Always keep your masks on if you are at a public place. Remember, your mask should be of good quality. Always wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth.
- According to a recommendation by WHO, you should keep the enclosed spaces well-ventilated.
- Clean your hands carefully in regular intervals. You should use a soap or a hand sanitizer to clean your hands.
- Avoid overcrowding in any situation. Remember, there is nothing more important than the health of your loved ones. So, make sure you avoid crowding and close contacts.
- Make sure you always cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue
Question – 1: When did the Omicron variant of Covid – 19 emerge?
Answer: Based on Omicron genome comparisons, it is estimated that the Omicron variant diverged in late September or Early October 2021.
Question – 2: Does the Omicron variant of COVID-19 affect the lungs?
Answer: Generally, the Omicron variant is considered less fatal and dangerous. However, there is evidence that Omicron can penetrate into the lung tissue deep.
Question – 3: What is the unique Symptom of Omicron in India?
Answer: A unique symptom of the Omicron variant is night sweats.
Question – 4: Is there any special vaccine for Omicron in India?
Answer: No, there is no special vaccination for the variant in India. Indian vaccines like Covaxine and Covishield are capable enough to give immunity against the virus. Make sure you have taken both doses. Also, take the booster dose if you are eligible.
Question – 5: What is the official website of World Health Organization to check the latest information on the Omicron virus?
Answer: The official website of World Health Organization (WHO) is www.who.int.