St George’s Anglo- Indian Higher Secondary School is the oldest school in India that has been imparting knowledge to the students for more than 300 years. A common platform is provided to the children coming from different backgrounds for them to show their skills and talents. Along with great academics, the school also provides facilities for extra-curricular and co-curricular excellence. Currently over 1500 students are enrolled in this school in classes from Nursery to 12th. Important details about the St. George’s School, Chennai such as admission process, contact details, infrastructural features, etc are provided here in this post.
St George’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School Chennai Basic Information
Some basic information about the St. George’s School, Chennai is provided below.
|Year of establishment||1715|
|Board of affiliation||Anglo-Indian Board of Education|
|Type of school||Public, co-ed school|
|Area of campus||21 acres approx.|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Classes offered||Nursery to class 12th|
|Number of students||Approx. 1500|
|Number of teachers||Approx. 40|
|Contact address||738, EVR Salai, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Phone number||044 2664 0768|
Eligibility Criteria for St. George’s School Admission
- To be eligible for admission to a particular class in St. George’s School, the students should have cleared their previous class examination successfully.
- Detailed information about the eligibility criteria can be found by visiting the school’s office.
St. George’s School Admission Process
- Application forms will be released by the school for admission to different classes and the same can be obtained from the school’s office.
- Parents interested in enrolling their wards to this school need to fill and submit this application form.
- The form can be filled by providing basic details of the students like name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, gender, school currently enrolled in, class currently studying in, etc.
- Students whose applications are received by the school in time will be considered for admission process.
- A list of such students will be prepared and they will be invited to report to the school and take part in the admission procedure.
- Important certificates of the wards will be verified after which they will be granted final admission.
- Admission will be given to the candidates as per the rules decided by school management. Details about the same can be found from the school’s office.
Facilities Available at St. George’s School
Some amazing facilities are offered by the St. George’s School, Chennai that makes it one of the best schools along with being the oldest one. A list of some major facilities that one can find at this school is provided below:
- Spacious classrooms
- Playground and sports facilities
- Science & computer laboratories
- Boarding house
- Kitchen & mess
- Dance & music classes
- Arts & craft center
- Medical facilities, etc
Contact Details of St. George’s School
- Contact address: 738, EVR Salai, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Phone number: 044 2664 0768
Basic details related to the St. George’s School are provided in this article for the parents who are looking forward to enroll their kids into this school. Although care has been taken to provide genuine information, if you find any discrepancy in the data provided, please let us know. You can drop your messages in the comment section below.
Check: Top oldest schools in India