St. George’s School, Alaknanda is a co-educational private school managed by the Muthoot group. This school not only offers high-quality but also aims to develop the overall personalities of students. Classes from Nursery to 12th are offered in St. George’s School and it follows the curriculum of the CBSE. Established in the year 1962, the school provides great facilities to help students grow in the field of their interest. The applications from new admission to St. George’s School are invited in online mode only. The age of a child for nursery admission must be between 3 and 4 years.
St. George’s School Alaknanda Summary
|Type of School||Private Christian Minority School|
|Founder||Late Rev. Fr. V.C. George|
|Management Authority||Muthoot Group|
|Board of Affiliation||CBSE|
|Classes offered||Nursery to class 12th|
|Starting of the application process||Every year in the month of December/ January|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application Fee||Rs. 25/-|
|Minimum Age for nursery Admission||3 years|
|Selection Criteria||Based on the distance between the home’s location and the school|
|Important Documents||· Birth Certificate of the applicant child
· Proof of residence
· Proof of sibling in St George’s school
· Only religious minority (Christian) Membership Letter from the concerned Church and no recommendation letter
· Proof of Alumni of St George’s school
· Proof of Disability (if applicable)
|Phone Number||011- 26022325, 26024645|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
St. George’s School Alaknanda Admission 2023-2024
Let’s go through the complete details related to the St. George’s School Alaknanda nursery admission.
Seats Available for Admission
|General Category||64 seats|
|Christian Minority||60 Seats|
|Special Need Students (3%)||06 Seats|
|Total Seats||200 Seats|
Note: There are no EWS quota seats in St. George’s School because it is a minority school.
St. George’s School Alaknanda Application Process
- The application process of St. George’s School Nursery Admission takes place in online mode only.
- Interested parents can access the application form by visiting the official website of the school.
- All the necessary details should be entered in the application form very carefully.
- Apart from the details, a color passport size photo of the child (not more than 2 months old) should be uploaded in the application form in jpg/ jpeg format.
- A registration acknowledgment receipt will be generated after submitting the application form.
- The printout of an acknowledgement receipt along with all the supporting documents and Rs. 25/- registration fee must be submitted at the school’s campus.
- Keep the username and password safe after registration.
The selection of students for St. George’s School admission 2023 depends upon the distance between student’s residence and location of the school.
- The first priority is given to the students residing within 1 km of the school (Distance is calculated based on the Google Map location).
- If the seats remain vacant then students residing within 1 to 3 km of the school shall be admitted.
- In case there are still vacancies then the students residing within 3 to 6 km of the school will get admission.
- The students residing beyond 6 km will get admissions only if the seat remains vacant even after considering students living within 3 to 6 km.
Note: If there are vacancies even after considering all the criteria mentioned above then seats will be allotted based on a lucky draw.
Important Documents for admission
- A birth certificate of the applicant child – Must be issued from Municipal Corporation/ Local authority should be attached to the Application Form.
- Proof of residence – Any one of (Passport/Voter I- Card/Electricity Bill/MTNL Telephone Bill/Water Bill/Aadhaar card/Ration card/Domicile certificate
- Proof of sibling in St George’s school – Diary FrontPage or I Card
- Only religious minority (Christian) Membership Letter from the concerned Church and no recommendation letter
- Proof of Alumni of St George’s school – Class 12th passing out Certificate
- Proof of Disability (for special need children).
Facilities at St. George’s School Alaknanda
The school has all the modern-day facilities and amenities that are required to give a perfect environment for learning.
- Electronic smartboard
- Tablet computers
- Mobile aids
- Health Services
- Sports complex illuminated with floodlights
- Dance studio
- Art Room
- Music Room
- Computer Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Biology Lab
Note: Please note that the school doesn’t provide transport facility to nursery class students.
Like all other top schools in South Delhi, St. George School also puts a great emphasis on co-curricular activities. A few of these activities are listed below.
- Sports Activities: Athletics, Table Tennis, Badminton, Cricket, Athletics, Hand Ball, Etc.
- Students Activities: Floral Decoration, Handwriting Competition, Recitation- English, Fancy Dress, Tribal Dance, Doha & Choupayee Gayan, Fable Enactment, Etc.
- Address: St. George’s School Alaknanda, New Delhi-110019
- Telephone Number: 011-26022325, 26024645
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Official Website: sgs.edu.in
Complete care is taken while providing details in this article. However, if you find any inaccuracy then please inform us through the comment section below. We will do the necessary correction at earliest.