Guided by the principles of Sri Aurobindo and Mira Alfassa, the Future foundation school, Kolkata was started in the year 1981. The school offers classes from 1st to 12th standard and prepares its students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE – Year 10) and the Indian School Certificate (ISC – Year 12) examinations conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE). The future foundation school, Kolkata is the first and one of the rare schools in Asia to receive the coveted LabelFranc Education accreditation. The medium of instruction at the future foundation school is English. All the important information related to the future foundation school, Kolkata including admission, facilities, co-curricular activities is provided in this article.
Admissions are open in classes 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9 for the academic session 2022-23.
The Future Foundation School Kolkata Basic information
The basic information related to the school is provided in the table below.
|Year of establishment||1981|
|Type of school||Co-educational private school|
|Board of affiliation||Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE & ISC)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Classes offered||1st to 12th standard|
|Other languages taught||Bengali, Hindi, French and Sanskrit (Sanskrit is taught as a third Language only)|
|Age limit for class 1st admission||The age of a child should be 5 to 6 years|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Selection process||Interaction or written test depends upon the class|
|Streams available in plus two||Science, humanities and commerce|
|School timings||Monday to Friday – 8: 20 AM to 2:30 PM|
|Transport option||Chartered buses (not run by the school)|
|Phone number||91-8336069406, 91-8336069408|
The Future Foundation School, Kolkata Application and Admission Policy
As the surveys by many top agencies the future foundation school, Kolkata ranks amongst the best schools in Kolkata. This is the reason why it receives a lot of applications every year regarding the new admissions. All the necessary details related to the admission policy of the school are as follows.
- To start the application process, parents need to fill and submit the application form before the last date.
- The application form will release in online mode through the official website.
- In the application form, it is necessary to provide complete details related to the child and parents.
- The detail entered should be accurate. Otherwise, the candidature might get rejected.
- Apart from the details, parents also need to upload the scanned image of their child on the application.
- In addition to this, parents are also required to pay the necessary application fee. Otherwise, the form will not be accepted.
- After the application form submission, the school will screen all the applications received.
- Then, shortlisted candidates will be called for interaction or written tests depending upon the class in which the admission is required.
- Next, the school will release the final merit list of the students selected for admission.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
The age limits are different for various courses as given below.
- 1st Class: 5 to 6 years
- 2nd Class: 6 to 7 years
- 3rd Class: 7 to 8 years
- 4th Class: 8 to 9 years
- 5th Class: 9 to 10 years
- 6th Class: 10 to 11 years
- 7th Class: 11 to 12 years
- 8th Class: 12 to 13 years
- 9th Class: 13 to 14 years
- 11th Class: 15 to 16 years
Facilities at the Future Foundation School, Kolkata
One of the main reasons why the future foundation school, Kolkata receives a lot of appreciation is its world class facilities. Some of the facilities available at the future foundation school, Kolkata are as follows.
- AC classrooms & laboratories
- Safe & secured environment with almost 400 CCTV cameras
- Access to Science museums for hands-on learning & participation in Innovation projects
- Multiple play and sports arenas
- Trained nurse & access to reputed hospitals
- School canteen with hygienically prepared food
- Highly impressive Student : Teacher and Student : Support Staff ratio
- Medical facilities
- Dance classes
- Big and spacious play ground
- Music classes
- Career Counseling facilities
- In house psychological counselor
- Anti-bullying policies
- Use of a biometric time attendance device for all teachers and staff
- A register is maintained for outsourced staff
- Teachers, Support Staff and Student Council members are on duty at the school gate and other venues to monitor discipline and safety of the student
Co-curricular activities, Physical Education and Sports
Given below are the activities that school offers along with rules and regulations
- Co-curricular activities organized on Saturdays are necessary for class 2nd to 8th.
- Students from 9th to 12th have the option to join any Co-curricular Activity
- An external examination is held at the end of 3 years of training in each of the activities.
- Physical Education, held on weekdays, is compulsory for all
- Sports activities are held on Saturdays and other weekdays – before or after school hours
List of activities
- Group A: Chess, Photography, Synthesizer, Violin, Western Vocal, Creative Dance, Visual Art, Swimming, Throwball/ Volleyball, Badminton, Football, Cricket, Athletics, Karate, Yoga, Eurhythmics, Basketball, Rowing
- Group – B: Scouts, Cubs, Guides, Bulbul
- Group – C: Volleyball, Throwball, Table Tennis, Basketball, Mini Tennis ( Classes 2 to 5 ), Tennis ( Classes 6 to 8), Gymnastics, Golf ( Classes 3 to 8 ), Rowing ( Classes 5 to 8 – swimmers only), Kho-Kho
The Future Foundation School, Kolkata Contact Details
The contact details of the future foundation school, Kolkata are given below.
- Address: 3, Regent Park Kolkata -700 040
- Phone number: 91-8336069406, 91-8336069408
- Fax: +91-33-2471-5733
- Official website: http://www.sriaurobindoinstitute.org/saioc/educational/tffs
- School Timing: Monday to Friday – 8.20 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
Through this article, we aim to provide you genuine and accurate information related to the future foundation school, Kolkata. We tried our level best to make sure that the details we provide are correct. However, if you think any of the information is not accurate and need correction then we request you to please let us know through the comment section. You may also use the comment box to share your suggestions and feedback with us.