Warm hazelnut spread over a flaky, warm pastry? That’s happiness! Because of the brand name Nutella that has been given to this hazelnut spread, it is well-known around the world. Whether slathering it on toast or baking it into pastries, this chocolate hazelnut spread is a must-have in every kitchen.
Though it’s not for everyone, there have been a few instances where individuals have eaten it with only a spoon or finger! Pretzel sticks and even potato chips have been used by some as a method to get their hands on it. Everyone appears to have a preferred method of ingesting Nutella.
World Nutella Day 2023 Date
Hazelnut and chocolate flavor the spread known as Nutella. The product was first introduced in Italy in 1964 and has since become a worldwide sensation. Nutella fanatic and blogger Sara Rosso was the driving force behind the creation of World Nutella Day in 2007. A day dedicated to celebrating the love and devotion of Nutella is observed every year on February 5.
|World Nutella Day 2023||Saturday||5th February 2023|
World Nutella Day 2023 Origins
The Fererro family, who introduced the world to Nutella in the 1960s, trace their ancestry all the way back to the early 1800s. Napoleonic confectionery makers in Turin, Italy, came up with the name “Gianduja” for their chocolate hazelnut treat. Because there was a lack of cocoa at the time, one chocolatier decided to add some hazelnuts to the chocolate and make it last longer.
Ferrero family patriarch Pietro was the owner of a bakery in an Italian town noted for its hazelnut cultivation, Alba. After selling the original pasta Gianduja blocks in bulk, Pietro got the notion to start selling a creamy version of the desert, known as Supercrema Gianduja.
It became known as Nutella after Michelle, Pietro’s son, decided to increase the manufacturing of the mixture. There have been several jars sold around Europe ever since the first was released in 1964. The Fererro family began importing it to the United States in the mid-1980s, and it has since spread to many other countries.
On July 7, 2007, the inaugural World Nutella Day was held. Sara Rosso, an American blogger living in Italy at the time, came up with the concept for the day. What was the impetus behind her idea to create a global celebration of Nutella? Why, of course, was she so enamored with the product! Celebrations for Nutella Day were enthusiastically shared on social media by admirers worldwide.
Ferrero, the business that creates Nutella, took up the day of the week from Sara Rosso in 2015. The day grew in size and lasted longer as a result of this transfer. The firm has taken a novel approach to commemorating World Nutella Day. To stay up to date on all of the holiday’s activities, there is a website (nutelladay.com). You may even apply to be the Chief Nutella Ambassador by filling out an online form.
Activities on World Nutella Day 2023
- Most grocery stores carry Nutella, so you’ve got no excuse not to give it a try. Get your hands on a tub of the smooth, creamy concoction. The hardest thing is actually writing it down.
- Nutella baking recipes may be found online, but that doesn’t mean you have to limit yourself to those. Nutella urges its admirers to experiment with innovative ways to include the spread into their culinary creations, and to share their findings with the world.
- Coworkers, friends, and neighbors will all enjoy some delicious Nutella-based treats. If you want to add a little fun to the process, take a few images and then post them on your social media accounts. Nutella is a delicious spread that everyone should enjoy.
- Nutella devotees have a plethora of ways to participate on World Nutella Day. All of these options are available to you to celebrate your love of the chocolate spread. The hashtag #WorldNutellaDay may be used to post pictures and recipes on social media.
How to Enjoy Nutella in 5 ways?
- Find two bread pieces. One should have a heavy covering of Nutella on it. Top it with the other. And that’s all there is to it!
- Icy goodness awaits. With a little bit of heat, Nutella transforms into the ultimate ice cream topping.
- On a bagel or on a crepe, Nutella tastes great.
- Nutella may be used as a donut filling instead of cream or custard.
- You don’t even need a knife or a fork to get your hands on that jar of Nutella.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Is it better to keep Nutella in the fridge or the cupboard?
Answer: Nutella, according to its Italian creators, dislikes being cold. So it’s best to keep it at a temperature that’s comfortable for you.
Question 2: How long can Nutella be stored?
Answer: After the date of manufacture, Nutella has a shelf life of one year. However, it will be devoured far faster than that.
Question 3: Is peanut butter in Nutella?
Answer: It is a fact that Nutella includes no peanuts or even traces of nuts containing peanuts. It’s advisable to be cautious and double-check ahead of time for those with a peanut allergy.