The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS) for College and University Students aims to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students who are pursuing higher studies. Application form for this scholarship will be released through online mode and can be obtained from NSP portal. Students who have cleared their class 12th exam and are pursuing higher studies in a reputable college having AISHE code are eligible to apply. Get complete information related to the CSSS Scholarship 2023 such as application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc from this article.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
Check out the important details related to the CSSS Scholarship 2023 in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||September 2023|
|Last date to submit the online application form||September 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form for domicile candidates of Jammu and Kashmir||October 2023|
|Verification of documents by the institute||October 2023|
|Verification of documents by the respective boards||November 2023|
CSSS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2023
Students who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below can apply for the CSSS Scholarship 2023:
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in Class XII can apply for the scholarship.
- The students must be pursuing their course through regular mode and not through distance mode.
- Family income of the candidate from all sources should be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum. An income certificate needs to be furnished by the candidates at the time of verification.
- Student receiving any other scholarship cannot apply for the CSSS scholarship.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Application Form
- CSSS scholarship application form 2023 will be released on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Details of a bank account should also be furnished by the candidates for receiving the scholarship.
- Upon providing all the details as asked in the application form, the candidates should submit it online.
- A Permanent ID (PID) will be provided to the candidate through SMS and e-mail once his/ her application is submitted online. Students should remember their PID as it will be required at the time of renewal application.
- After submitting the application on the portal, the students are advised to get their online application verified by the respective institutions within the stipulated time.
- The candidates should also keep a hard copy of the submitted application form with them in case of future correspondence.
Before registering for the CSSS scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal, students are advised to keep ready with them the following documents:
- Valid email id and phone number
- Bank Passbook for filling bank details
- Aadhaar card number
- Parental income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
CSSS Scholarship Merit List 2023
- Candidates whose applications are verified at both institute and state board level will be considered during the preparation of merit list.
- From the eligible applicants, merit list will be drawn on the basis of gender, stream and category.
- Based on their names in the merit list, the candidates will then be selected for the scholarship as per the allocated quota earmarked for individual Boards as per the scheme guidelines.
CSSS Scholarship Selection Process
- The candidates will be selected for the scholarship award on the basis of their names in the merit list.
- Those selected for the award will be intimated about the same on their registered phone number and email id.
- Amount of the scholarship earned by the candidates will be credited to the bank account whose detail was submitted at the time of application.
CSSS Scholarship Awards 2023
The rate of scholarship is Rs. 10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs. 20000/- per annum at Post-Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses will be paid Rs. 20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
No documents are required to be uploaded at the time of online application on the National Scholarship Portal. However, it must be kept ready which would be required at the time of verification by the institutions.
You can fill the online application in many sittings, until you are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides facility to save your application at every stage until you click on ‘Confirm & Submit’ button.
You can edit the information saved in the application form (all details except the details entered in Personal Details tab) till submission of the online application.
Scholarship is renewed on year to year up to postgraduate level in the same stream. For all professional courses, scholarship will be renewed till the graduation level up to a maximum of five years. Scholars must secure 60% or more marks for the two preceding semesters or annual examination, should maintain attendance of at least 75% and be disciplined.
Students who have completed Class XII in the academic year 2020-21 and who are in the top 20th percentile merit list of Class-XII results of concerned Board (SEB/ CBSE/ CISCE) are eligible to apply for fresh scholarship. Students who have completed Class XII and who have received the scholarship for the previous year can apply for 2nd renewal and 1st renewal respectively.
Queries regarding scheme guidelines, eligibility, etc. may be addressed to the concerned State Education Board as well as this Ministry by sending email on [email protected] or calling on 011 26172491 & 011 26165238.