The establishment of KVS Balvatika has offered some great opportunities for aspiring teachers. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) is the authority that will release the official notification for KVS Balvatika Recruitment 2024. Through this recruitment, KVS will select teachers to teach pre-primary students in Balvatika-1, Balvatika-2, and Balvatika-3 classes.
The engagement of such teachers will be on a contractual basis and their salary will not be similar to that of permanent Primary Teachers in KVS. A total of 2 Balvatika teachers will be hired in each KV class. Posts of caregivers (Helpers) will also be offered through this recruitment process.
Overview of KVS Balvatika Recruitment 2024
|Authority managing the recruitment process||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Number of Schools||450|
|Name of the post||Pre-Primary School Teacher|
|Category of Jobs||Government Jobs|
|Selection Process||Interview/ Document Verification|
|Location of Job||Pan India|
Check out the tentative schedule of KVS Balvatika Admission given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of official notification||1st week of July 2024|
|Announcement of Walk-In-Interview Dates||3rd week of July 2024|
|Interview of eligible candidates||3rd week of July 2024|
|Result||Last week of July 2024|
The eligibility criteria for the post of Balvatika teachers are as follows.
- The age of a candidate should be between 18 years to 65 years.
- Senior Secondary Class (XII or its equivalent) from a recognized board with at least 50% marks.
- Aspirants should have a diploma in Nursery Teacher Education / Pre-school Education / Early childhood Education Programme (D.E.C. Ed) of at least 2 years or B.Ed (Nursery) from an NCTE-recognized Institute.
Here are the eligibility criteria for Balvatika Caregivers (Helpers)
- Candidates should be at least 18 years old.
- Aspirants must have passed class 10th or equivalent exam from a recognized board of education.
- Candidates should also have completed induction training in pre-school education. Or, a person having skill training/ adequate training as prescribed by NIPCCD, NSDC, or any other recognized institute by the central government is also eligible.
Application Process/ Walk-In-Interview
Each school will release a separate advertisement to select Balvatika teachers. Plus, the school will not accept online application forms. Candidates must carry the duly filled application form at the time of the interview.
- The advertisement will contain the date of the walk-in interview for teachers and caregivers.
- Interested candidates have to reach the school as per the schedule mentioned in advertisements.
- At the time of the interview, candidates must have their original documents with at least 2 passport-size photographs.
- Additionally, candidates should also keep at least one set of photocopies of documents.
- The school will carefully check the documents then only an applicant will be allowed to take part in the interview.
- There is no provision for an application fee.
- During the interview, the panel will assess candidates’ knowledge of early childhood education and child psychology.
- Candidates should be prepared to showcase their ability to create a positive and engaging classroom environment
- The interviewers may ask questions about child development stages and strategies for addressing individual differences and supporting children with special needs.
- The knowledge of regional language might be required for the position in some schools.
Result and Selection
- The schools will declare the result after interviewing all candidates.
- The names of selected candidates will be mentioned on the result list.
- Please note that the school might not send any other intimation to candidates separately.
- The selected candidates must visit the school to complete the rest of the joining formalities.
Job and Duties
The duties of Balvatika teachers involve the following activities.
- Regular classroom activity & copy-checking.
- Evaluation work and Invigilation duty.
- Reach out to students & colleagues to help them prepare for exams.
- Organise different co-curricular activities in the Vidyalaya.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the principal.
Salary & Remuneration
- Balvatika Teacher will get a consolidated salary of Rs. 21250/- per month.
- The remuneration can change as per the KVS policy and administrative decisions.
The following schools are part of the KV Balvatika program and will be taking part in the recruitment process.
|Districts||Number of KVs|
Other Important points
- Authorities will not provide any TA/DA for appearing in Walk-In interviews.
- In case a large number of candidates appear for an interview then the school may conduct a screening test.
- Teachers engaged on a contractual basis will not be entitled to perks like vacation pay, autumn/ winter break, etc.
- The candidate will be selected only for one academic session.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the school in which you are applying. Some schools are accepting direct interviews while others are conducting a screening test before the interview.
No, there is no combined application form for the schools. Each school will release its own advertisement and application separately.
The prescribed application form will be attached to the advertisement to be released by the schools.
2 teachers in each school for one section.
No, these are part-time contractual jobs.
Please note that KVS Balvatika Recruitment notification 2024 is not yet released. All the information provided in this post is based on last year’s notification. Visit this page regularly to get all the latest updates.