Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat programme was launched in the year 2017 by then HRD minister Shri. Prakash Javadekar. Basically, this scheme is an initiate of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to promote physical health and fitness among more than 12 lakhs Kendriya Vidyalaya students. In this program, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will issue a physical health and fitness profile card to all its students studying in different classes.
India is a vast country with a massive population. Having a fit and healthy youth is extremely important for a country like India. Keeping this in mind, Government of India has launched the Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat scheme to let students, teachers, and parents understand the importance of physical fitness.
Main Highlights of Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat Scheme
- The scheme is an initiative of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
- Union HRD Minister Mr. Prakash Javdekar launched the scheme in the year 2017, in Kochi, Kerala.
- Under this scheme, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will prepare physical Health and Fitness Profile Cards for around 12 lakh students studying in different Kendriya Vidyalaya schools all over India.
- The fitness profile card will cover the students of all age groups and different abilities.
- Another aim of this program is to encourage at least 60 minutes of playtime each day for the students.
Primary objectives and Key features of Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat Scheme
Let’s have a look at some of the points on which the Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharat scheme mainly focuses on.
- This program will provide a comprehensive and inclusive report card for children covering all age groups and children of different abilities.
- Swasth Bachche Swasth Barat Scheme also aims to make students, teachers, and parents aware about the importance of good health and fitness and encouraging 60 minutes of play each day.
- The scheme also focuses on to imbibe values of Olympics and Paralympics amongst students.
- Another aim of the program is to bring back the childhood amongst children and make physical activity and recreational games an integral part of learning process.
- The program also intends to motivate potentially outstanding performers in various games and sports of excellence, using technology for data capture and analytics and giving access to schools, parents, and teachers
- The Swasth Bachche Swasth Bharath report card various details about the student such as Height, Diet, Time to wake up, Sleep, Playing sports, etc.