The ME Society’s Centre For Talent Search & Excellence conducts Maharashtra Talent Search Examination every year in search of talented students and provide them awards and prizes. The exam is generally held in the month of April as a pen and paper based test. Interested candidates who also meet the prescribed eligibility can apply for the MTSE exam through online mode. Check out the complete details related to the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination (MTSE) 2024 such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process, result, etc here from this article.
Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024 Important Dates
The table below presents the tentative dates related to Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024:
|Release of online application form||September 2023, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form||December 2023, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 75/-||December 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2024, 1st week|
|Date of examination||April 2024, 3rd week|
|Publication of provisional answer key||May 2024, 2nd week|
|Publication of final answer key||May 2024, 2nd week|
|Result announcement||June 2024, last week|
Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024 are provided below:
- All students studying in Std. VIII, IX or X in Govt. recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Talent Search Exam.
- The candidates must belong to the state of Maharashtra.
List of scholarships and olympiads
MTS Exam 2024 Application Form
Candidates can download the application form for MTS exam 2024 by visiting the official website www.mtsexam.org. Offline forms can be obtained by post from MTS office. The candidates are requested to read the important instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide basic personal details like name, father’s name, address, medium of instruction, etc.
- Details about the student’s bank account will also be asked into the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly, the candidates need to take a printout of the application form.
- The printout of the application form along with prescribed application fee should be sent to the MTS office.
- The form must reach the MTS office before the last date of receiving application forms.
- Do not make any mistakes while filling the application form as incorrect applications will be rejected summarily.
- The application fee for MTSE 2024 will be Rs. 150/- if the application form is demanded by the school or taken from recognized coordinators.
- Individual applicant need to submit Rs. 200/- (Rs. 150/- + postage Rs. 50/-) as application form.
- Payment of application fee can be done either by cash or via demand draft drawn in favor of Hon. Director, MTS Examination, Pune and Payable at Pune.
MTSE Exam Pattern 2024
Check the exam pattern overview for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024 below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of exam: English/ Marathi/ Hindi/ Urdu
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of papers: 2 (MAT & SAT)
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: One mark will be given for every right answer.
|Paper||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Paper 1- Mental Ability Test||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||100||100|
|Paper 2- Scholastic Aptitude Test||Science||40||40|
MTS Exam 2024 Syllabus
Check out an overview of the MTSE syllabus 2024 below:
- Paper I – Mental Ability Test (MAT) Syllabus – It will have a slightly higher difficulty level than the mental ability paper of scholarship examination of Std. VIII.
- Paper II – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Syllabus – The syllabus will be same as the school syllabus of Std. VIII, IX or X for the whole year.
- The admit card for Maharashtra Talent Search Examination 2024 will be released online a few weeks before the admission test.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website using their application details.
- The applicants should take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam center.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall in the absence of a valid admit card.
- No admit card will be sent to the candidates via post, courier, fax, etc and can only be downloaded from the website.
- The admit card should be kept safe by the candidates as damaged admit card will not be considered as valid.
- The authorities will release the answer key for the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination on the official website.
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to submit their objections against the answer key, if any.
- Concerned authorities will check the objections received and make appropriate changes in the answer key.
- A final answer key will then be displayed on the official website making all necessary changes.
MTS 2024 Result
- Result of the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination will be declared online and can be checked from the official website.
- Apart from this, the students can also contact their respective schools for the result.
- Candidates who clear the written test (only for class 10th) will have to appear for a formal interview carrying 50 marks.
- A rank list of the qualified students will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the exam and the interview, if applicable.
- Awards and prizes will be distributed to the candidates on the basis of their performance in MTSE.
MTS 2024 Awards & Prizes
The following awards and prizes are given to the top rank holders of the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination:
- State Prizes: Students appearing in the state level merit list will be awarded a state prize of Rs. 1000/- each only for one year.
- District Prizes: Students who could not secure place in the State level merit list but have made it in the District Level Merit List will be awarded the District prize of Rs. 400/- each only for one year.
- Special Prizes: Rs. 200/- special prize only for one year to each student for those students who could not appear in State or District Prize but have secured good number of marks.
- Taluka Prizes: The students who have not appeared in state, district prizes or special prizes but have done well in their respective Talukas will be awarded a prize of Rs. 150/- each only for one year. This will be only for students from rural area.
- Consolation Prize: The students who have not appeared in state, district prizes or special prizes but have done well in their respective Talukas will be awarded a prize of Rs. 100/- depending upon their performance in theory papers.
- Merit Prizes: Rs. 5000/-, Rs. 3000/- and Rs. 2000/- will be awarded to the first three students in the state level merit lists of rural and urban areas for each standard.
- A prize of Rs. 500/– will be awarded to student standing first in each paper and every section of written examination. If there are more student securing maximum marks in any of the subject or paper then these prizes will be divided, however every student will get a minimum Rs. 100/-.
- Other Medium Prize: Rs. 400/- will be awarded to students studying in Hindi or Urdu medium schools and securing more than 50% and maximum marks.
- The students securing 70 marks or more out of 200 in written examination will be awarded a certificate of merit.
Offline application form can be obtained via post by sending the prescribed amount by MO/ DO along with the name of the student, residential address and standard.
The application fee once submitted will neither be refunded nor transferred under any circumstances.
No. The MTSE admit card will only be made available through online mode and will not be sent to individual candidates via post or courier.
No. Only the candidates who are a domicile of the Maharashtra state are eligible to apply for the Maharashtra Talent Search Examination.
The prize won by the students will be sent to their residential address as mentioned in their application forms by means of money order/ cheque.