Unified Council conducts the Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO) to assess students on parameters of mental ability, logical reasoning & computer knowledge. Various cash prizes and other awards are offered to the toppers and participants of this Olympiad. The Olympiad is expected to be conducted in the month of September 2023.
Interested candidates can submit their application form routed through their respective schools, important details related to the Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 like important dates, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc gave been provided here in this article.
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO) 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of application form||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|Date of exam||Date of Offline Exam: (for Registrations through Schools): 4th October2023 04-10-2023 (Wednesday)|
Date of Online Exam: (for Direct Registrations): 7th January 2024
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Students from class 2 to 10 of any recognized school are eligible to apply for the Unified Cyber Olympiad (UCO) 2023.
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 Application Form
- The students interested in applying for this Olympiad can obtain the application form from their respective schools.
- Schools will collect the prescribed application fee from the candidates and will provide them the UCO application form.
- This form should be filled by providing basic personal and academic details of the candidates.
- After providing all the details correctly into the application form, the student should submit it back to the school.
- Care should be taken to make no error in the application form or else it will be rejected by the Unified Council.
- The application fee for Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 will be Rs. 150/-.
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of UCO exam pattern 2023:
- Duration of exam: 1 hour
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 50
- Marking scheme: One mark will be given for every right answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
UCO 2023 Syllabus
The details of the Unified Cyber Olympiad syllabus 2023 are provided below:
- General English (common to all): Vocabulary, Grammar and Correct usage
- Mental ability: Numbers, Concept of 0, Order of numbers, Addition, Subtraction, Understanding of multiplication and division, Measurement, Time, Money
- Reasoning: Odd One Out, Embedded Figures, Series, Similar shapes, Analogies, Mathematical reasoning, Analytical reasoning
- Computers: Introduction to computers, General Information about Computers, Uses of computers, Parts of a computer, Mouse and Keyboard, MS-Paint
- Mental ability: Numbers up to 10000, Place value, Round off numbers, Expanded notation, Inverse relationship of multiplication and division, Identifying fractions, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, Series completion, Simple coding, Alphabet test, Grouping of identical figures, Odd one out, Incomplete pattern, Inserting missing numbers, etc
- Computers: Introduction to Computers & Internet,, Keyboard, Operating Systems, Parts of Computer, Uses of Computer, Input Output Devices, MS-Paint, MS-Word, etc
- General English: Vocabulary, Grammar and Correct usage
- Mental ability: Numbers (Indian & International), Round off numbers, Measurement, Time, Money, Data handling, Different interpretations of fractions, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, Series completion, Simple coding, Alphabet test, Subtracting figures, Grouping of identical figures, Odd one out, Incomplete pattern, etc
- Computers: Introduction to computers, More about Windows, Characteristics and Evolution of Computers, Parts of computer, Input Hardware, Software, Notepad, etc
- Mental ability: Estimate and manipulate very large and very small numbers, Finding HCF & LCM, Identify and represent on a number line, Measurement, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, Series completion, Simple coding, Alphabet test, Mirror images, Folded in, Grouping of identical figures, Odd one out, Embedded figures, etc
- Computers: Data Storage Devices, More about Windows, More Logo Commands, More Commands in Logo, Editing Text in MS Word, Formatting in MS Word, etc
- Mental ability: Integers, Comparison of fractions, decimals, and mixed numbers and place them on a number line, Interpret and use ratios in different contexts, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, series completion, simple coding, alphabet test, mirror images, formation of figures, opened out, grouping of identical figures, odd one out, etc
- Computers: Computer Generations, Computer Peripherals, MS Word: Features, Creating Table Working with objects in MS Word, Advanced features, etc
- Mental ability: Rational numbers, Convert fractions to decimals and percents and use these representations in estimations, computations, and applications, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, series completion, coding and decoding, alphabet test, mirror images, formation of figures, paper cutting, grouping of identical figures, etc
- Computers: Evolution of Computers, Microsoft Excel, Internet, Macromedia Flash, Drawing in Flash, Q Basics, Memory & Storage Devices, Using Windows, etc
- Mental ability: Identify and use the properties of integers, Rational, Irrational and Real numbers, Concept of polynomials and monomials, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, Series completion, Coding and decoding, Alphabet test, Mirror images, Grouping of identical figures, Odd one out, Analytical reasoning, etc
- Computers: Review of computer basics, Computer Viruses- Types, Prevention, Antivirus, Updating virus definitions, Graphics & Sound, Frames & Key frames, etc
- Mental ability: Rational & Irrational Numbers, Divisibility rules, Direct and Inverse Proportions, Concept of polynomials, Remainder theorem, Factoring, etc
- Reasoning: Analogy, Series completion, Alphabet test, Mirror images, Blood relations, Direction sense test, Mathematical reasoning, Cubes and dice, etc
- Computers: Computer System – Evolution and History of computers, Generation, Electronic Computers, Hardware and Software, Language, Operating systems, etc
- Mental ability: Real numbers, Concept of polynomials, Application of remainder and factor theorems, Solve a system of two linear equations in two variables, etc
- Reasoning: Embedded figures, Direction sense test, Mathematical reasoning, Cubes and dice, Locating hidden words, Jumbled letters, Formation of new words, etc
- Computers: MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, Visual basic – Tool box, Working with data, Selection and looping, C++ – Structure, Variable, Constants, Standard I/O, etc
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2023 Admit Card
- The candidates will be given hall ticket or roll number to appear in the Olympiad by their school.
- The exam will be conducted in the school only as per the schedule mentioned on the hall ticket or notified by the school.
- Only those students who submit their application on time will get the roll numbers for the Olympiad.
- Candidates who do not get their hall ticket even after submitting the form should contact their school for the same.
- Candidates can obtain the result of the Olympiad from their respective schools.
- A Cyber Diagnostic Report (CDR) for individual students will be sent by Unified Council that can also be obtained from the school.
- The report will comprise of subject-wise performance graphical representation, overall ranking in the National level, Group Highest mark and Group Average mark CDR.
- It allows the students to know where he/she stands and pinpoints areas of strengths and weakness and make improvement accordingly.
Unified Cyber Olympiad Award 2023
- The student who achieves the highest percentage of marks in among all the classes is declared as UCO Topper. UCO Topper is awarded a cash prize of Rs. 200000 cash prize.
- The Top Rankers and next 2 Rankers in each class are awarded a Laptop and a Tablet PC respectively and a Memento.
- The next 21 rankers of each class (Ranks 4-25) are awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 1000 each.
- Top 100 rankers in each class are awarded with Olympiad Coach Online Subscription worth Rs. 1198, a Medal, Reasoning Trainer plus Book, from M/s Brain Mapping Academy, and a certificate of appreciation.
- All the top rankers from 1 to 100 are awarded a Medal and a Certificate of Appreciation.
Students are not required to submit their application form directly to the Unified Council. Only the applications routed via the school will be considered.
Students who wish to obtain model question paper or previous year papers need to submit an additional amount of Rs. 80/-.
Each and every participating candidate will be given Participation Certificate and Cyber Diagnostic Report (CDR). The report will be helpful in self-assessment of the candidates.
No. The UCO Cyber Diagnostic Report will be sent to every participating student totally free of cost.
For any details regarding the Cyber Olympiad, the candidates can contact the teacher-in-charge for external competitions at their school.