The advent of mobile wallets has drastically changed the financial structure, especially payment methods in the country. From business owners to small street food vendors, everyone is using a mobile wallet today. Owned by One97 Communications, Paytm is the most popular e-wallet in India. The reason why it is so popular is that it is very easy to use and works flawlessly most of the time. However, on some rare occasions, you can face problems like Paytm App not starting, Paytm is not working properly, Paytm wallet is not working etc.
If you are also dealing with such problems then this article can help you a lot. In today’s article, I am going to discuss the reasons behind common Paytm app problems. I will also share simple steps to fix Paytm app issue in the easiest way.
Why Is Paytm not working for you?
Well, there are different reasons due to which users have to deal with various kinds of problems with Paytm. Still, I have compiled a list of few common reasons behind Paytm not working.
- App servers are down due to maintenance – It is possible that the Paytm server might be down in your area due to which you are unable to open Paytm. You need not worry about such a situation because the problem should get fixed automatically within a few minutes.
- Outdated App – To make the Paytm app secure and easy to use, Paytm keeps on releasing new updates. Those who are using an obsolete version of the app can face various kinds of errors and issues.
- Device is not compatible – To be able to use Paytm easily, it is important for you to use it on a compatible device. Those users trying to use Paytm on an incompatible can encounter issues.
- Using Unsupported applications – Paytm has identified some applications that can be a risk to users. If you are using this application on your device then you can face various kinds of issues. A few these applications incompatible with Paytm are TeamViewer and AnyDesk
- Internet connectivity – You should note that Paytm is a web-based application. So, you are not connected to the internet then you can encounter different kinds of errors and issues. Problems like Paytm not opening, loading slowly are encountered due to this reason only.
Check: Is Paytm First Games Safe
Paytm App System Requirements
Before moving on to more advanced solutions, we recommend you make sure that your device meets the following system requirements.
- Android Version – 7.0 or later
- Minimum Ram – At least 1 GB (preferred)
- Minimum Storage Space – At least 100 MB (Preferred)
- Wifi or Mobile Data Connection
Note: Please note that the above system requirements are for android devices using 10.2.0 version released in February 2022. The system requirements are different for iOS devices.
Find Solution: Facebook not working
Fix Paytm and Paytm Wallet not working issue
Given below are some steps that you can try in order to resolve the Paytm not working problem.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you are connected to a fast and stable internet connection. In case Paytm not working on iPhone or Android devices you should make sure that your phone is connected to a wifi or mobile data connection.
- Check and confirm that the date and time on your phone are correct. Remember, incorrect dates and time can also lead you different Paytm errors.
- Make sure that the device you are using to run Paytm is compatible. It should meet all the necessary system requirements.
- Ensure that there is enough storage space available in your device so that the Paytm app can work flawlessly.
- In case you are using apps like Team Viewer and Any desk, etc. then you should remove such apps and then try to use Paytm.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Paytm. Those who are still continuing with an obsolete application should update immediately.
How to use Paytm Safely?
Paytm is a financial application this is the reason why it is often targeted by scammers. Here are some tips that you can follow to keep yourself safe on this app.
- Never share your Paytm password with anyone in any condition. Remember, you must not share confidential details even if he/ she claims to be from Paytm.
- Do not fall for any fake and lucrative offer of people selling various products at very cheap prices and requesting money through Paytm. Please verify that the person is genuine and you are getting the product you are paying for.
- If you are getting a UPI payment request then make sure it is genuine. It is so because many fraudsters also use the method of sending fake payment requests to scam users.
- It is advisable not to save your debit/ credit card details at the time of recharging your Paytm wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Those who are unable to sign in to Paytm should ensure that they are entering the correct login credentials. Also, make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
This error occurs when the server is down. In such a situation, you should wait for it the server issues to get resolved.
Yes, you can use Paytm on the web.
You may use your Paytm account on a laptop using the official website i.e. Paytm.com.