Shining Star International School is among the top schools in Abu Dhabi that offers its students a sound and holistic education across a broad range of subjects and extra-curricular activities. SSIS has the objective to develop future leaders with active and creative minds through the combined efforts of our staff, parents, students and community. The school also focuses on the overall development of the individual, socially, morally, intellectually and physically, along with a strong sense of human values. For details about Shining Star International School Admission 2023-24, the parents can read the complete article.
Basic Details of Shining Star International School
Check out some basic information related to the Shining Star International School:
|Type of school||Private, co-ed|
|Grades offered||KG1 to Grade 12|
|Contact address||Shining Star International School Shabiya 12, Musaffah. Abu Dhabi|
|Phone number||02-559-6444, 02-559-9080|
|Email address||[email protected]|
Facilities available at the Shining Star International
The Shining Star International School provides its students with the following facilities inside its campus:
- Computer Laboratory
- Transport with GPS Tracking
- Multipurpose Auditorium
- Health Clinic
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Biology Laboratory
- Sports Facility
The following eligibility criteria have been prescribed for admission to SSIS:
- KG1: The age of the child should be 4 years by 31st March 2023.
- KG2: The age of the child should be 5 years by 31st March 2023.
- Grade 1: The age of the child should be 6 years by 31st March 2023.
- Grade 2 and above: Students are shortlisted on the basis of Transfer Certificate and Final Report Card of the previous year.
*Age criteria is not applicable for students already studying in the UAE.
For KG & Gr.1
- Admission for students in KG & Grade 1 will be based on direct assessments. The School committee will interact with the child before making any decision.
- Preference will be given to siblings of existing students.
For Grade 2 to Grade 9
- Aptitude Tests will be conducted. Based on the results of the test, students and parents may be asked to meet with the senior leadership team.
- Common Entrance Test papers are set for subjects like English & Mathematics.
For Grade 11
- Admission to grade XI is given on the basis of class 10 board results and the entrance tests conducted at the school.
- Special appointments will be given for overseas candidates to coincide with their availability in the UAE.
SSIS Admission Process 2023
- Parents can fill out the online registration form providing basic details about their ward and themselves.
- Once the application is received by the school, an auto-generated email is sent to the registered email address.
- After the application and enclosed documents are processed, students will be called for assessments and interviews.
- Students will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the assessment/ interview.
- After the admission is confirmed, an admission slip with the admission reference number, class & division will be handed over to the parent.
The following documents are required to be sent to complete the application process:
- Application Form (Printed copy of Online Registration Form)
- 5 colored Passport size Photographs
- Colored Passport Copies of Student, Father and Mother (First Page, Valid Visa Page & Address Page)
- Colored copies of both the sides of Emirates ID of the Student, Parent/ Guardian
- Colored copy of student’s Medical Insurance Card
- Attested colored copy of Birth Certificate (notarized by foreign affairs if issued in UAE or by Country’s Home Department/ Respective Embassy/ Foreign Affairs if issued outside UAE)
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Last Progress Report of the child (if previously in school)
- A complete Health Form of the child with copies of Immunization records
- A recent Water & Electricity Bill as proof of address
Check other Best Schools in Abu Dhabi
SSIS Fee Structure
The table below presents an overview of the fee structure for SSIS for 2022/ 23. The fee for the current academic year might change a little.
|Grades||Tuition fee||1st term||2nd term||3rd term||Book fee||Yearly fee|
|KG1||7900 AED||2370 AED||2370 AED||3160 AED||495 AED||8791 AED|
|KG2||7900 AED||2370 AED||2370 AED||3160 AED||495 AED||8791 AED|
|Class 1||8800 AED||2640 AED||2640 AED||3520 AED||594 AED||9818 AED|
|Class 2||9300 AED||2790 AED||2790 AED||3720 AED||594 AED||10318 AED|
|Class 3||10300 AED||3090 AED||3090 AED||4120 AED||644 AED||11368 AED|
|Class 4||10500 AED||3150 AED||3150 AED||4200 AED||660 AED||11584 AED|
|Class 5||12500 AED||3750 AED||3750 AED||5000 AED||660 AED||13584 AED|
|Class 6||12500 AED||3750 AED||3750 AED||5000 AED||715 AED||13639 AED|
|Class 7||13500 AED||4050 AED||4050 AED||5400 AED||798 AED||14733 AED|
|Class 8||13500 AED||4050 AED||4050 AED||5400 AED||798 AED||14733 AED|
|Class 9||14500 AED||4350 AED||4350 AED||5800 AED||880 AED||15815 AED|
|Class 10||14500 AED||4350 AED||4350 AED||5800 AED||880 AED||15815 AED|
|Class 11||15500 AED||4650 AED||4650 AED||6200 AED||880 AED||16815 AED|
|Class 12||15500 AED||4650 AED||4650 AED||6200 AED||880 AED||16815 AED|
Also Check Aspen Heights British School
Contact address: Shining Star International School Shabiya 12, Musaffah. Abu Dhabi
Phone: 02-559-6444, 02-559-9080
Email address: [email protected]
Official website: https://ssis.ae/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the regular school timings?
For KG – 7.30 AM – 12.00 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
For Grades I to XII – 7.30 AM – 2 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
2. How many students do you have in each grade?
KG Section has 25 students per class and G1 to G12 has 30 students per class.
3. When does the academic year start at the school?
The new academic year for all classes begins in the month of April.
Important details related to Shining Star International School are provided here in this article. Complete care is taken to provide genuine details regarding the school. Still, in case you find any discrepancies in the post, please let us know in the comment section.