Science Olympiad Foundation is the authority that holds the responsibility of conducting the National Cyber Olympiad (NCO). The aim of this Olympiad is to develop the interest of school students toward computers and applications. Those interested candidates who want to apply for this Olympiad need to fill and submit the application form through the school. It is a single level Olympiad. It is expected that the exams will be conducted in the month of December 2023 and January 2024. All the important details related to the SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 are provided in this post.
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Last date for the registration form submission||November 2023|
|Date of examination||2nd week of December 2023 and 3rd week of January 2024|
|Result||Within 8 weeks of the examination|
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled in order to appear for the SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 are given below.
- Students who are currently studying in classes 1st to 10th are eligible to appear for the SOF NCO.
- Please note that there is no other eligibility criterion like minimum marks SOF NCO is a single level exam.
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 Application Form
Those students who want to apply for SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 need to contact their school. Please note that it is not possible to apply for the examination in online mode. Given below are the complete details related to the SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) application process.
- In order to get registered, the school needs to contact the Science Olympiad Foundation.
- Then, SOF will send the prospectus along with registration forms to all schools registered.
- Please note that the school should have at least 10 interested students in order to get registered.
- Those schools which are not registered may get the prospectus by sending an email at [email protected] or by calling 0124-4951200.
- After getting the registration form, the schools need to get them filled by their students.
- The details entered in the registration form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form might get rejected.
- The school then need to submit the registration form and Student’s registration sheet to the SOF’s office.
The application fee is different for the candidates from different countries as given below.
- For Schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal: Rs. 125/- per students
- Students suffering from any major physical disability: Nil
- Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operation: Nil
- Students from other countries: US $ 9
Note: The schools may also charge Rs. 25/- per student addition towards honorarium of incharge, remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and for other expenses.
- Those students who will apply will be able to get their roll number or admit card from the school.
- To get roll numbers for their students, school’s coordinating teacher must fill the SRF (School registration form) and SRS (Student’s Registration Sheet).
- Both SRS and SRF must be sent by the school to the SOF’s office before the last date.
- From the data received from the school, SOF will generate the roll numbers for all the students.
- Students will be allowed to take the exam only if he/she has a valid roll number or admit card.
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 Exam Pattern
The SOF National Cyber Olympiad is a single level examination. The pattern of this exam is given below.
- Students from class 1st to 4th need to answer 35 objective type multiple choice questions
- On the other hand, students from class 5th to 12th need to answer 50 objective type multiple choice questions.
- The duration of the examination will be 60 minutes.
- Questions will be asked in English language only.
- The exam will be conducted during school hours only.
- The question paper will consist of the following three sections.
- Logical Reasoning
- Computers & IT
- Achievers Section
For Class 1st to 4th
|Topic||Number of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|Computers & IT||25||1||25|
|Grand Total||35 questions||40 marks|
For Class 5th to 10th
|Topic||Number of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|Computers & IT||35||1||35|
|Grand Total||50 questions||60 marks|
The syllabus of SOF NCO 2023 is different for various classes as given below.
- 1st Class: Patterns, Completion of Figure Pattern, Measuring Units (Length, Weight, Time and Money), Geometrical Shapes, Odd One Out, Spatial Understanding, Grouping of Figures, Analogy, Ranking Test, Introduction to Computers, Parts of Computer, Uses of Computer, Keys and Keyboard, Computer Mouse, Starting and Shutting Down the Computer, Introduction to MS-Paint, Latest Developments in the Field of IT.
- 2nd Class: Computer-a Smart Machine, General Information about Computers, Parts of Computer, Uses of Computer, Learning to use Keyboard and Mouse, MS-Paint, Latest Developments in the field of IT.
- 3rd Class: Fundamentals of Computer, General Information about Computers, Storage Devices, Parts of Computer, Uses of Computer, Input and Output Devices, Introduction to Internet, MS-Paint, Introduction to MS-Word (Opening, Closing, Saving and Printing a Word document, Components of MS-Word window, Editing commands like Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo and Redo, Moving in a document using Home and End Keys), Latest Developments in the field of IT.
- 4th Class: About Computers (General Information), Evolution of Computers, Parts of Computer, Input and Output Devices, Hardware, Software, MS-Word(Formatting a Word document, Font group, Format Painter, Search using Find and Replace option, Checking Spelling and Grammar using Thesaurus), Using Windows 7, Introduction to Internet and Its Uses, Computer Networks, MS-Paint, Latest Developments in the field of IT.
- 5th Class: Input and Output Devices, Hardware, Software, Storage Devices, Memory –Primary & Secondary Memory, MS-Paint, Introduction to Multimedia, MS-Word (Paragraph formatting Using Paragraph group, Drop Cap, Document Views, Inserting Graphics-Pictures and Shapes, Clip Arts, Symbols, SmartArt, Multimedia Objects, Text Box, Inserting Header and Footer in a document and exploring its features), Introduction to MS-PowerPoint(Component of MS-PowerPoint window and its features, etc.
Note: The syllabus for the rest of the classes can be obtained from the SOF’s website.
SOF National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) 2023 Result
- The result of the Olympiad will be made available about 8 weeks after the date of exam.
- Authorities will send the result of the candidates to the school. Students will be able to know about their result through the school.
- In addition to this, authorities will also upload the result on the official website.
- The result card which is also known as Student performance Report (SPR) can be very helpful in analyzing the strong and weak areas of the student.
Frequently Asked Questions
The reference books are different for various classes as given below.
Class 1: NCO 3 Years (Instant Download Ebook), NCO Power Pack – Class 1, Class 1: Olympiad Reasoning Workbook, Etc.
Class 2: Class 2: NCO Olympiad Skill Development System (OSDS), Class 2: National Cyber Olympiad : Work Book, Class 2: Olympiad Reasoning Workbook, NCO Power Pack – Class 2, Class 2: Work Book And Reasoning Book Combo For NSO-IMO-IEO-NCO- IGKO
Note: The reference books for all the classes can be downloaded from the official website
No, the questions will be asked in Hindi language only.
Yes, students can take part in more than one Olympiad if they are eligible.
No, it is compulsory to apply for the Olympiad through the school only.
The result will be declared within 8 weeks of the examination.