When you enter the world of cryptocurrency, you will find thousands of currencies which can be quite overwhelming for those wishing to trade and invest. You can take an idea of the Top 10 Cryptocurrency 2023 from this article but it is advised that you familiarize yourself with cryptocurrency and crypto market in details before you make any investment. Which currency you select for trade or investment depends on various factors like type of trading, investment type, region, etc.
Top 10 Cryptocurrency to Watch & Invest in 2023
Here are the top 10 cryptocurrency to watch & invest in 2023 along with their market capital.
|Coin||Code||Market cap (approx.)|
|Binance Coin||BNB||$33 billion|
|U.S. Dollar Coin||USDC||$26 billion|
- By far, Bitcoin is the most popular and widely accepted cryptocurrency created in 2009.
- The creator of the currency is unknown as someone created it under the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
- Since its release its cost and market has grown tremendously and the current market capital of Bitcoin is over $506 billion.
- Bitcoin is kept secure and safe from fraudsters by running it on blockchain that requires cryptographic puzzle for adding to the transaction level.
- Ethereum is the second largest cryptocurrency in terms of market cap which is close to 162 billion dollars.
- Ethereum is not only a crypto bit also a blockchain platform that has potential for many applications including smart contracts and decentralized applications.
- The currency is growing stronger every day and its current price stands at over $1,650.
- Ethereum was the one to introduce innovations to blockchain security and usage and is the second best after Bitcoin.
- Tether is another cryptocurrency launched by Tether Limited Inc. which is backed by fiat currencies like UK pounds, US dollars and the Euro.
- This makes Tether a stablecoin and maintains its value equal to one of those denominations.
- Investors who worry too much about the volatility of cryptocurrency should go for Tether as it can be the best option for them.
- Tether is the third largest crypto by market cap and is currently has a capital of over 82 billion dollars.
U.S. Dollar Coin (USDC)
- US Dollar Coin is another stablecoin that was launched in 2018 and is backed by US dollars.
- The coin is powered by Ethereum and provides a faster, safer, and more efficient way to send, spend and exchange money.
- USDC is a trusted, widely accepted, and highly liquid digital dollar with a market cap of more than $26 billion.
- USD Coin can be used to complete global transactions anywhere, anytime which makes it one of the top cryptocurrency.
Binance Coin (BNB)
- Binance is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the world that use its own Binance Coin for trading.
- Other than trading, Binance Coin can also be used for payment processing, booking travel arrangements, etc
- Price of Binance Coin has shown tremendous growth in the past five years and its price has increased from $0.10 to $217.
- With a market cap of more than 33 billion dollars, Binance Coin is the third largest cryptocurrency to invest in.
- Ripple coin, known commonly as XRP is a cryptocurrency created by the founders of Ripple,a digital technology and payment processing company.
- XRP can be used to facilitate exchanges of different currency types like fiat currencies and other major cryptocurrency.
- XRP is built for enterprise use and aims to be a fast and cost-efficient cryptocurrency for cross-border payments.
- It has a current market cap of over 27 billion dollars and ranks in the list of top 10 cryptocurrency 2023.
- Solana cryptocurrency was created in 2017 to help power decentralized finance (DeFi) uses, smart contracts, support decentralized applications,etc.
- It has two major advantages- first it performs many more transactions per second than Ethereum and second it charges lower transaction fees than Ethereum.
- The unique hybrid proof-of-stake and proof-of-history mechanisms are responsible for these advantages that Solana offers.
- Solano was launched in 2020 and its current market capital stands at over 8 billion dollars.
- The Cardano cryptocurrency was created after careful research by engineers, mathematicians and cryptography experts.
- More than 100 papers on blockchain technology have been written after thorough research, which formed the backbone of this currency.
- The growth of Cardano has been slow but continuous and it also has decreased energy usage and environmental impactwhich makes it one of best cryptocurrency.
- Market capital of Cardano stands at 9 billion dollars approximately and it trades for around $0.26.
- Along with Solana, Cardano and Tezos, Polkadot is known as Ethereum Killer for offering several advantages over this crypto.
- Polkadot is both a blockchain platform and cryptocurrency that aims to create a networkthat connects differentunrelated blockchainand allow them to work together.
- By doing this, Polkadot aims to achieve high degrees of security and scalability and it can also change the way cryptocurrency are managed.
- Polkadot has a current market cap of more than 5 billion dollars.
- Dogecoin started off as a joke and was termed as meme coin but it caused a commotion when its price skyrocketed in 2021.
- When it started in 2017, its price was around 0.00016 dollars which climbed to 0.060 dollars as in August 2023.
- Unlike many other Crypto, there is no limit on the number of Dogecoin that can be created.
- With a market capital of 8.8 billion dollars, Dogecoin is one of the top 10 cryptocurrency 2023.
Countries of El Salvador and Central African Republic
Refer to the table for this information
No, never. You should first get the complete idea of crypto market before getting into any trade or investment.
The information given in this article is solely for educational purpose and is not offering financial advice in any manner. We have tried our best to provide accurate data but since the market cap and current value of these coins keep changing, one must make sure of everything before entering into any trade or investment.