Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is all set to launch its new mobile application. The most attractive thing about this app is that it lets users avail themselves a variety of services like booking movie tickets, etc. apart from assisting travellers in metro travel. The New Delhi Metro App will allow a simpler way to recharge a metro smart card.
There are multiple e-commerce websites and platforms that are going to like themselves with this new app of the Delhi Metro. With the new DMRC app, Metro is targeting a larger user base and increased brand value. The app is expected to be available for download in the month of February 2022. Go through this post to know the complete details about Delhi Metro App Download along with the features and facilities offered.
Latest Updates Regarding DMRC Smart Phone Mobile Application
- The application will have a simple user interface and it will let users know about the existing routes and fares of the Delhi metro.
- The new DMRC application is available for download on both Android and iOS smartphones.
- DMRC will also allow an easy way to recharge your Delhi Metro Smartcard. The commuters will now be able to recharge their smartcards just by simple QR Code scan on the DMRC app.
- The travellers will be able to know the status and metro feeder bus service and buy tickets.
- The latest Delhi Metro Mobile app will be integrated with various other facilities that will help in your daily chores like ordering food and buying movie tickets.
Facilities and Services available in the New DMRC Application
Here are the new integrated services that you can easily avail by using the Delhi Metro Application.
- Ordering Groceries Online – The app will allow you access to order groceries online. DMRC has collaborated with multiple grocery-selling companies to offer these services to its users.
- Order Food from your favourite Restaurants and Eateries – No need to download separate applications like Zomato or Swiggy if you have this DMRC app installed on your phone. It is so because this app will also let you order food online from your favourite restaurants and Eateries.
- Online Booking of Movie Tickets – Now, booking tickets for your favourite movie is just a few taps away. The latest application lets you book the movie tickets just like you book on PayTM or book my show.
- Booking of Ola and Uber Cabs – No worries if your destination is not near a metro station. The latest app of Delhi Metro (DMRC) also lets you book Uber and Ola Cabs online. DMRC has collaborated with two of the biggest players of the app-based taxi service.
- Payment using QR Code – As per the experts, QR Code Payment is the best feature of the new Delhi Metro Application. Daily commuters will now be able to recharge their metro smartcard just by scanning the QR code available at the metro station. The money will be deducted from the bank account that you will add to the application.
How to recharge using Delhi Metro (DMRC) Mobile Application?
In a step further towards digital India, the metro stations of Delhi are now going cashless. You may now recharge your Delhi Metro Smart Card just by scanning a QR card available at the metro station. Here is how to recharge Smart card by Delhi Metro (DMRC) app.
- First of all, you will have to download and install Delhi Metro (DMRC) Mobile app on your Android or iOS smart phone.
- After downloading the app, you need to set up your account and bank details for online payment.
- Now, scan the QR code available at the Delhi Metro Station. The QR codes are being already pasted on the metro station. You can check the image of one such QR code available at the metro station. This image is tweeted through the official Twitter account of Digital India (A flagship programme of the Government of India.
- After scanning the image, you may select the amount for which you want to recharge your DMRC Smart Card.
- Then, complete the payment and over recharge will be done. If you will be using the app for the first time then you will have to grant the app to access the camera on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question – 1: Will the existing smart cards of the Delhi Metro will remain valid after the introduction of this app?
Answer: Yes, the existing smart cards will work as usual. There will be no changes in the same.
Question – 2: When will the latest Delhi Metro Application be launched?
Answer: The new application of Delhi Metro will launch in February 2022.
Question – 3: Is it possible to order food and groceries through Delhi Metro Mobile App 2022?
Answer: Yes, the app will have integration with food and groceries delivery services as well. So, you will be able to order food/ groceries through the Delhi Metro app with ease.
Question – 4: Can I use the latest Delhi Metro App on Delhi Metro Feeder Bus Service?
Answer: Yes, the application will work flawlessly on Delhi Metro Feeder Buses. The app will allow you to buy tickets with ease.