Skills Development Ministry, Government of India has released the official notification for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023. It is a two-year certificate program in public policy and management offered by IIMs. The aim of this program is to provide young individuals opportunity to enhance their skills and promote economic development.
Those interested candidates who want to enroll for this fellowship program need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. However, candidates must make sure that they are eligible before applying. Complete details related to the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 is given below.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Important Dates
The schedule of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||2nd week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of March 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of April 2023|
|Date of examination||3rd week of April 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of April 2023|
|Personal Interview||2nd to 4th week of May 2023|
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before submitting the form.
- Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply for this course
- The age of a candidate at the time of application should be between 21 to 30 years.
- Candidates must have completed graduation in any discipline such as Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc. or post-graduation from a recognized university.
- Aspirants with at least three years of work experience after secondary school in the social/ non-profit sector with an interest in rural areas are preferred. However, aspirants with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
Local Language Proficiency
- Candidates must be able to express in the local language of the state that they will work in.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Application Form
The application forms for MGNF 2023 will be available at its respective website- https://www.iimb.ac.in/mgnf. Those who want to apply may visit the website and access the main application form. The complete process of the application form submission is explained below.
- To start the application process, aspirants are required to register themselves as new users
- At the time of the registration, candidates have to provide their basic details including Full Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Phone Number.
- After registration, candidates will be able to sign-in using the credentials generated during registration.
- Then, in the main application form, aspirants must provide their complete details related to their education, work experience, contact details, etc.
- All the details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application can get rejected.
- Along with the detail, it is compulsory for aspirants to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- The application form submitted without any application fees will be rejected.
- It is advised that candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted.
- The application fee is the same for all candidates i.e. Rs. 500/- + GST.
Mode of payment
- Aspirants can pay the fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Admit Card
- IIM will release admit cards for those candidates who will fill and submit the application form before the last date.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to provide their registration details on the official website.
- An admit card will contain information such as date, time, and venue of the examination.
- Along with the admit card, candidates are also required to carry their passport size photograph at the time of examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card or photograph.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2023 Entrance Exam Pattern
The pattern of MGNF 2023 examination is given below.
- Mode of payment: Offline (Pen-paper based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of the examination: 2 hours
- Language of questions: English
- Maximum Marks: 300
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 3 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
MGNF 2023 Subjects and Syllabus
The questions will be asked in the written test from the following subjects.
- General Awareness (GA): The questions in this sections are designed to check the candidate’s awareness of the world
- Quantitative Ability (QA): This section will test the numerical and quantitative ability of the candidate. The standard of question will be as per the class 10th level.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR): In this section, questions will be asked to check the decision making ability of candidates.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC): Questions in this section will test the candidate’s ability to understand complex ideas and apply them.
MGNF 2023 Result
- The result of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship written test will be uploaded on the official website.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and other registration details.
- The result will contain the subject-wise and total marks secured by candidates in the entrance exam.
- Those candidates who will get shortlisted after the result declaration will be invited to participate in the interview process.
- Those successful candidates who will clear the written test will be invited to take part in the interview process through email.
- The interviews will be held in the capital cities of the states.
- The interview process is further divided into the following three tests – Case Writing Ability (CWA) written exam, personal interview, and written language proficiency test (LPT).
- Authorities aim to determine mental ability, writing skill, and language proficiency during the interview.
- Please note that no reimbursement of the interview expenses will be done by the exam authority.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible for a candidate to take part in the interview over skype or a phone call?
Answer: No, the exam authority doesn’t offer Skype or phone interviews. Candidates must reach the interview venue as per the given schedule.
Question – 2: How will I get to know that I am selected for the interview?
Answer: You will receive an email regarding the same on your registered email ID. Authorities are expected to contact all the shortlisted candidates by the end of April 2023.
Question – 3: What is the syllabus for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship exam 2023?
Answer: You should note that there is no pre-defined syllabus. However, you may download the previous year’s question papers from the official website.
Question – 4: Whom should I contact in case I can’t get the admit card?
Answer: In case you can’t find your admit card on the official website then you should contact MGNF Helpdesk i.e. [email protected]
Question – 5: Is it possible to submit the application form for Mahatma Gandhi Nation Fellowship 2023 in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will be made available in online mode only.