The government of India has closed online applications for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023 to be presented on 8th March 2023. It is the highest civil award presented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) to women in India. Through this award, the central government aims to boost the cause of Women Empowerment. Not only an individual woman but also a group or institute can also apply for the award.
The Nari Shakti Puraskar are awarded by the President of India on the occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. on 8th March. Winners will get a certificate and an appreciation amount of Rs. 2 lakh each. Check out this post to know the complete information related to the Nari Shakti Puraskars 2023.
Nari Shakti Puraskar/ Award 2023 – Overview
|Name of the Award||Nari Shakti Puraskar|
|Category of the Award||National Award for Women|
|When Award will be presented?||8th March 2023 (International Women’s Day)|
|Ministry managing the award process||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Award to be given by||President of India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Nari Shakti Award 2023 Winners List
Nari Shakti Puraskar will be handed over by the honourable President of India to the following winners on 8th March 2023 on the occasion of the Internation Women’s Day.
Here is the list of past winners:
|Nari Shakti Awards 2021 (Awarded on 8th March 2022)|
|Name of the Winner||State/ Union Territory||Field of Contribution|
|Sathupati Prasanna Sree||Andhra Pradesh||Linguist – working for preserving minority tribal languages|
|Madhulika Ramteke||Chhattisgarh||Social Worker|
|Tage Rita Takhe||Arunachal Pradesh||Entrepreneur|
|Neerja Madhav||Uttar Pradesh||Hindi Author – working for rights for transgenders and Tibetan refugees|
|Thara Rangaswamy||Tamil Nadu||Psychiatrist & Researcher|
|Neena Gupta||West Bengal||Mathematician|
|Kamal Kumbhar||Maharashtra||Social Entrepreneur|
|Radhika Menon||Kerala||Captain in Merchant Navy – She is the first woman to receive award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea from IMO|
|Shobha Gasti||Karnataka||Social Activist – Working for ending Devadasi system|
|Batool Begam||Rajasthan||Maand & Bhajan Folk Singer|
|Sruti Mohapatra||Odisha||Disability Rights Activist|
|Pooja Sharma||Haryana||Farmer & Entrepreneur|
|Niranjanaben Mukulbhai Kalarthi||Gujarat||Author & Educationist|
|Anshul Malhotra||Himachal Pradesh||Weaver|
|Nari Shakti Puruskar 2020 (Awarded on 8th March 2022)|
|Name of the winner||State||Field|
|Anita Gupta||Bihar||Social Entrepreneur|
|Ushaben Dineshbhai Vasava||Gujarat||Organic farmer & Tribal Activist|
|Nasira Akhter||Jammu & Kashmir||Innovator – Environmental Conservation|
|Sandhya Dhar||Jammu & Kashmir||Social Worker|
|Nivruti Rai||Karnataka||Country Head, Intel India|
|Tiffany Brar||Kerala||Social Worker – Working for Blind people|
|Padma Yangchan||Ladakh||Revived the lost cuisine & clothing in Leh region|
|Jodhaiya Bai Baiga||Madhya Pradesh||Tribal Baiga Art Painter|
|Saylee Nandkishor Agavane||Maharashtra||Down syndrome affected Kathak Dancer|
|Vanita Jagdeo Borade||Maharashtra||First Women Snake Rescuer|
|Meera Thakur||Punjab||Sikki Grass Artist|
|Jaya Muthu, Tejamma (Jointly)||Tamil Nadu||Artisans – Toda embroidery|
|Ela Lodh (Posthumous)||Tripura||Obstetrician & Gynecologist|
|Arti Rana||Uttar Pradesh||Handloom Weaver & Teacher|
Eligibility Criteria for Nari Shakti Puruskar 2023
Before applying for this award, you must make sure that you meet all these eligibility criteria.
- An individual woman, group, or institute can apply for this award.
- The age of an individual awardee should be at least 25 years as on 1st July 2023.
- In case the applicant is an institution, it should have worked in the relevant field for a minimum of 5 years.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of the same award earlier (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar can be awarded for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, to – individuals/ institutions/ groups/ NGO, etc. In the areas of social and economic empowerment of Women or pertaining to this theme or incidental thereto.
- This award can also be given to a state or union territory which has appreciably improved Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
How to apply for Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023?
The applications for Nari Shakti Awards 2023 will be accepted in online mode only through the official website. The complete process to fill the Nari Shakti Puraskar Application Form 2023 is given below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website i.e. www.wcd.nic.in/award and register.
- Alternatively, you can also opt for registering on the National Awards Portal i.e. awards.gov.in.
- During registration, you will have to provide the following details.
- Individual/ Organization
- Nominator Type
- Code/ Mobile Number
- Do you have Aadhar?
- Other Identity document number
- First Name/ Middle Name/ Last Name
- Email ID
- Applicants also need to upload scanned images of their Identity document in PDF file at the time of registration.
- Next, sign in by entering your username (Your email ID), password and captcha code.
- Now, fill out the main application and upload all the relevant documents.
- Once the application form is submitted online, an acknowledgement slip with the application number will be generated. The same will also be sent to your registered email address.
- You may also take a printout of the final confirmation page and keep it safely for future references.
Aims/ Objectives of the Nari Shakti Award 2023
- For the last few years, the government of India is taking concrete measures to recognize the contribution of women in society. The Nari Shakti Award will further encourage women to participate in all spheres and issues related to women.
- The “Nari Shakti Puraskars” will also showcase the government’s commitment to women. The sole aim of the government is to strengthen the position of women in society.
- This award will also provide an opportunity for young Indians to understand and acknowledge the contribution of women in building a strong nation and society.
- The award will further encourage young women in India to follow the league of awardees.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Selection Process 2023/ Screening of Nominations
- Once the nomination process gets over, a screening committee constituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development will scrutinize and shortlist the nomination.
- The screening committee shall consist of the following.
- Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio.
- Domain expert in the field of Women issues/ gender expert, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member
- Concerned Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member
- Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Urban Development, Rural Development, Health, Panchayati Raj, Home Affairs, NITI Aayog – Member
- Representative of CII and FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) – Member
- Concerned Under Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member Secretary
- After the screening committee, a selection committee will select the awardees on the basis of recommendation of the Screening Committee.
- The selection committee will consists of the following.
- Hon’ble Minister of Women and Child Development – Chairperson, ex-officio
- Hon’ble Minister of State for Women and Child Development – Member, ex-officio
- Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development – Member, ex-officio
- Special or Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development – Member, ex-officio
- Secretary or his nominee from Ministry of Rural Development – Member, ex-officio
- Five National level eminent NGOs/ Individuals/ Institutions – Co-opted members
- Joint Secretary (Women Awards) – Member Secretary
Presentation of Nari Shakti Awards 2023
- The awards shall be presented at New Delhi in a special ceremony that will be held on the occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. On 8th March.
- The government of India will reimburse travel expenses by economy class by shortest route for awardees to and from Delhi (by Air India or other airlines).
- Apart from this, the ministry will also do boarding and lodging arrangements for the awardees for three days (1 day prior to the ceremony and 1 day after the ceremony).
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you should note that the Nominations will be received only through the official website i.e. www.awards.gov.in. The link to this website will also be available on the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (www.wcd.nic.in). Applications received in offline mode will not be entertained.
The last date to apply for Nari Shakti Puraskar was 31st October 2022.
8th March 2023
As per the official notification, the Nari Shakti Puruskars 2023 will be given to those individuals/ groups/ institutions/ NGOs, etc. who will play a major role in encouraging women to do the following.
Participate in decision making roles.
Encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors.
Facilitated basic amenities for rural women.
Promote women in non-traditional sectors like science and technology, sports, art, culture, etc.
15 thoughts on “Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023: Check Winners List, National Award for Women Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Selection Process”
mahilao aur betio ki surksha k liye pichle 22 versho se lagatar niswarth hoke kamm kar rahi hu
We are not for the award (religious)we will continue our precious service to the public with out any variation.
Nari shakti award 2023 ki list kab aane wali hai
When will the nari shakti list be released for the year 2021
Respected Sir, Since I have to Conduct a free Eye Camp to the People on 7-th march , please let me Know the result of NARI SAKTHI PURASHKAR Award for 2022.
How do we come to know about the short listed candidates for the award
When list will be published of nari shakti award 2022
Anyone received communication forthe award..Like police enquiry? Anything…
Please let me know the list of women National award for the women’s day-2022.
I have applied for the same during the last 3 years. I have not been fortunate despite being disabled myself have done a lot of work for the empowerment of women and disabled.
I have worked extensively on helping my autistic child to get functional as much as possible and then gone further to represent Indian women in bodybuilding and won medals for the country. I am the only woman judge in Asia in bodybuilding. And after finishing my duties at an older age I completed my education all over again and now struggling to get financial independence for my child who is 33 years old. A recognition will greatly help me as I have set example for all women. But working at an older age is a great struggle. Hope I will get a recognition to strengthen my journey further.
I have already sent my my filled in nomination form with all credentials meeting the prescribed requirements. I would like to know whether it is received by the Ministry.
I am associated with health sector for last 25 years and engaged in strengthening community participation in ending enteric diseases especially cholera by 2030, thus empowering women in decision making with respect to developing KAP(knowledge, Attitude, Practice) for leading healthy life and using vaccines in preventing cholera among the vulnerable population of the society.
Please let me know when you can mail me
Myself Radhika Lokhande and I am from Pune working in education field for last 22 years for the betterment of the under privileged students.My goal is to teach each and every one so they can earn their livelihood.