Famous places GK questions are widely asked in various competitive exams like UPSC, SSC, bank exams and other state level exams. This post related to famous places across India and the world includes all the questions that are important for candidates preparing for these exams. Famous places GK questions are given here in interesting format designed as quiz. From time to time new questions will also be added into this section.
Whether you are preparing for bank exams or any other state or union level exams, the Famous Places related section will always be there. It is therefore advised that you practice from this GK questions and answers PDF as much as you can. If you believe that there are other important questions that can be included here, you can always leave a comment below. In case there is any other query or correction required, feel free to contact us.
1. In which city is the National Remote Sensing Agency is situated?
Answer: C. Shadnagar
2. The ‘satellite freight city’ is being developed near which city?
D. New Delhi
Answer: C. Gurugram
3. The famous Ajanta Caves are located in?
Answer: A. Aurangabad
4. The headquarters of Reserve Bank of India is situated in which city?
A. New Delhi
Answer: B. Mumbai
5. Which city is known as the ‘Electronic City’ of India?
A. New Delhi
Answer: B. Bengaluru
6. Which range of mountains in India is also known as Lower Himalayas?
A. Zanskar Range
B. Kailash Range
C. Aravalli Range
D. Pir Panjal Range
Answer: D. Pir Panjal Range
7. The Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research is located at?
Answer: A. Kalpakkam
8. Which state has the largest coal reserve in India?
Answer: C. Jharkhand
9. Where is the National Gallery of Modern Art and Museum located?
C. New Delhi
Answer: C. New Delhi
10. Which is the first planned city of India?
A. Navi Mumbai
Answer: D. Jaipur
11. The first university of India is located in which state?
A. West Bengal
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A. West Bengal
12. Lingaraja Temple, one of the oldest Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Shiva, is located in?
Answer: B. Bhubaneswar
13. The college of Military Engineering is situated at?
D. New Delhi
Answer: A. Pune
14. The famous Dilwara Temples are located in which state?
Answer: B. Rajasthan
15. What is the importance of Siachen border?
A. It is a desert frontier zone between India and Pakistan
B. It is a glacier frontier zone between India and Pakistan
C. It is a glacier frontier zone between India and China
D. It is a frontier zone between India and Myanmar
Answer: B. It is a glacier frontier zone between India and Pakistan
16. Which of the following National Park is located in Arunachal Pradesh?
A. Kaziranga National Park
B. Namdapha National Park
C. Bandhavgarh National Park
D. Keoladeo National Park
Answer: B. Namdapha National Park
17. The first electric train in India was destined between which stations?
A. Bombay and Kurla Harbour
B. Nanded and Thane
C. Thane and Pune
D. Bombay and Thane
Answer: A. Bombay and Kurla Harbour
18. India has the ¬_____ largest coal reserves in the world.
Answer: C. Fourth
19. Where was the first nuclear plant established in India?
Answer: A. Tarapur
20. The Advanced Centre for Marine Biology Research is located at?
Answer: B. Thoothukudi
2 thoughts on “Famous Places GK Questions & Answers (150)”