The Rashtriya Military School Bangalore invites application from the candidates who seek enrolment into the school and to make a career in the Armed Forces. Classes from standard 6 to 12 are offered in the school and it is affiliated to the CBSE board. Application form for admission is made available at all the Rashtriya Military Schools and can be obtained from any of the branches. For selection of the candidates for enrolment, the school conducts entrance test, followed by interview and medical test. Candidates can find the detailed information related to the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore admission 2024-25 here from this article.
RMS Bangalore Basic School Information
|Date of establishment
|1st August 1946
|Type of school
|Government, all boys’ school
|Medium of instruction
|Classes VI to XII
|PB No 25040, Museum Road Post Office, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 025, Karnataka, India
RMS Bangalore Admission Major Highlights
- The Rashtriya Military School Bangalore is a residential school and therefore no day scholars will be allowed.
- Application form for RMS Bangalore will be available online whereas admit card and result will be published online.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore admission 2024.
- The wards of service officers/ JCOs/ NCOs killed in action are entitled complete exemption from tuition fees.
- Final admission of candidate is subject to fulfillment of eligibility and clearing the medical fitness test.
The table below presents the tentative dates related to Rashtriya Military School Bangalore Admission 2024-25:
|Admit card date
|Entrance test date
The candidates nee to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible for RMS Bangalore admission 2024-25:
|The age of the candidates should be between 10 and 12 years for admission to class VI.Candidates between age 13 and 15 years are eligible for admission to class IX.
|The school offers admission to only boy candidates.
|Candidates need to qualify their class V exam from a recognized school to be eligible for admission to class VI.For admission to class IX, a pass in class VIII exam from a recognized school is required.
|The candidates must be medically fit to be eligible for admission to Rashtriya Military School.
*A relaxation of six months in the upper age limit will be granted to the wards of war widows of Officers, JCOs/ ORs killed in action
Rashtriya Military School Bangalore Application Form
The prospectus and application form for Rashtriya Military School Bangalore admission 2024 will be made available at the different RMS. Candidates can purchase the form and the prospectus on submission of Rs 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST candidates) as application cost. Payment can be done through demand draft or in cash.
Apart from this, the application form can also be obtained via post by forwarding a self-addressed slip and an application cost of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 350/- for SC/ ST candidates) through Demand Draft.
- In the application form, the basic personal and educational details of the candidates will be asked.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates and parents (only signature, if required) should be provided into the form at the desired places.
- Choice of city exam center and that of hospital for medical test should also be specified into the application correctly.
- Once all the details are entered correctly into the application form, it needs to be submitted before the last date at the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore.
- Admit card to appear for the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore entrance test will be released on the official website.
- The admit card should be downloaded and its printout should be taken and carried to the exam center.
- Only the candidates with an admit card will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- To protect from loss or damage, the candidates are advised to take multiple printouts of the admit card.
Below given is the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore entrance exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Medium of exam: English & Hindi
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
For class VI
|Minimum qualifying marks
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
For class IX
|Minimum qualifying marks
An overview of the entrance exam syllabus is provided below.
- Questions of Class V level in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English will be asked.
- Questions of Class VIII level in subjects of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science will be asked.
- After qualifying the written exam, the candidates will have to appear for an interview round.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authorities and the candidates will have to attend the interview as per the list.
- Schedule of the interview round will be communicated to the students from the official website.
- Candidates who fail to report for the interview will not be considered for admissions into the school.
- The result of the admission process will be announced after the successful conduct of the interview.
- Based on the combined performance of the candidates in the written exam and the interview, final merit list will be prepared.
- Those candidates with their names in this list will then have to appear for a medical fitness test.
- Final admission of the candidate is subject to qualifying the medical fitness test.
- The final stage in the Rashtriya Military School selection process is the medical fitness test.
- Prior to offered admission, the candidates will have to undergo medical exam at Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services.
- Only those found medically fit will be granted final admission.
Hospitals for conduct of Medical Test
The medical fitness test will be conducted at the following Military Hospitals:
|Eastern Command, Kolkata
|Southern Command, Pune
|Central Command, Lucknow
|Western Command, Chandimandir
|Air Force, Bangalore
|Northern Command, C/o 56 APO
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Southern Command
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Western Command
|Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Eastern Command
|151 Base Hospital
|155 Base Hospital
|158 Base Hospital
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Northern Command
|92 Base Hospital, C/O 56 APO
|150 Gen Hospital, C/O 56 APO
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Central Command
|Base Hospital, Lucknow
|INHS Sanjivini, Cochin
|INHS Ashvini, Mumbai
Rashtriya Military School Bangalore Fee Structure
A basic fee structure for the RMS Bangalore is provided in the table below. The actual fee structure may slightly vary from the one given below.
|Tuition fee (per year)
|Caution money (one time)
|OR & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)
|JCO & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)
|Service Officers all three Forces (including Ex-Servicemen)
|SC/ ST (25% of fee paid by the respective Category)
|ORs- Rs. 1200/-
JCOs- Rs. 1800/-
Civilian- Rs. 6000/-
* Pocket Money: A minimum of Rs. 10,000/- will be deposited by all categories in the Pocket Money Account of the ward to cater to the traveling expenses and monthly pocket money. It is mandatory to maintain balance of Rs. 4,000/- at any one time under this head.
Other Rashtriya Military Schools
A common scholarship test will be conducted by the Army Headquarters to shortlist the candidates (sons of service officers and civilians) for scholarship. The scholarship once granted by Army Headquarters will continue to be received by a cadet till he passes the Senior School Certificate class in the school. However, he candidates need to maintain high academic standard to keep receiving the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded as per the following rules:
- Full remission of the school fees for those cadets whose parents’ income is less than Rs. 100,000/- in a financial year.
- Fees at half rates are charged from cadet whose parents’ income exceeds Rs. 100,000/- but is not more than Rs. 150,000/- in the financial year.
Facilities offered at RMS Bangalore
Let us have a look at some of the facilities available at the Rashtriya Military School Bangalore.
- Smart classes
- Science and computer labs
- Hostel facility
- Canteen and mess
- Swimming pool
- Clubs and Activities
- Music classes
- Dance rooms
- Sports facility- basket ball court, six-a side hockey turf field, hockey grounds, football grounds, cricket grounds, etc.
- Swimming pool
- Resource room
Rashtriya Military School Bangalore Contact Info
Address: PB No 25040, Museum Road Post Office, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 025, Karnataka, India
Phone no.: +91 080-29602555
Email id: [email protected]