Youngest among all the RMS, the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur offers its students quality education and prepares them for Indian Armed Forces. Spread over an area of more than 1500 acres, the school houses world-class infrastructure and facilities. Functioning under aegis of the Ministry of Defence, it is a fully residential school with classes from VI XII and is affiliated to CBSE. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for admission in class VI and IX. Admission into class IX will open only if any vacant seats arise. This post provides detailed information related to the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Admission 2021-2022.
RMS Dholpur Basic Information
|Date of establishment||16 July 1962|
|Campus area||1500 acres|
|Type of school||Government, all boys’ school|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Classes offered||Classes VI to XII|
|Contact address||Rashtriya Military School, Kesarbagh, Bari Road, Dholpur(Raj) – 328 028|
- The candidates are suggested to keep a copy of the filled-in application form with them in case of future reference.
- Admit card, result, etc will be obtained on the official website of Rashtriya Military School, www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in.
- OMR answer sheet should be marked very carefully and any error made while marking the answers will not be corrected.
- Facility of inter school transfer is available but will only be granted to the cadets fulfilling certain conditions as specified by the Army Headquarters.
- No candidate under any condition will be enrolled in the school if they do not fulfill the eligibility criteria or fail the medical exam.
Important Dates for Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Admission 2021
The tentative dates related to the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Admission 2021 are given in the table below.
|Last date for application form submission||3rd week of October 2020|
|Entrance exam date||4th week of December 2020|
RMS Dholpur Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The interested candidates need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Admission 2021:
- The admission to RMS Dholpur is only open to the boy candidates.
- For class VI: Applicants between 10 and 12 years of age as on 31st March 2021 are eligible to apply.
- For class IX: The age of the applying candidates should be between 13 and 15 years as on 31st March 2021.
- Six months relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the wards of personnel killed in action.
- For class VI: The applicants should have cleared their class V exam from a recognized school in order to be eligible.
- For class IX: Candidates who pass their class VIII exam from a recognized school can apply for admission.
- The candidates must be fit medically in order to get enrolled into the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur.
Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Application Form
The Rashtriya Military School Dholpur application form and the prospectus can be obtained from any of the RMS in person or from post. Candidates need to visit any of the Military Schools and pay Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST candidates) in cash to obtain the application form. Those who wish to get the application form via post need to send a self-addressed slip and application fee of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 350/- for SC/ ST candidates) through Demand Draft to any RMS. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of The Principal, Rashtriya Military School Dholpur.
Candidates need to enter their personal and academic details to fill the application form. Photograph of the candidate also needs to be affixed in the given space. The application form should be duly attested by the candidates and their parents, as required. Choice for exam center city and medical test hospital should be provided carefully into the application form itself. Once all the details entered into the form, it can be submitted at the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur.
- The admit card for appearing in the RMS Dholpur entrance test will be uploaded on the official website.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken, after downloading, as without this no candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Admit card should be preserved by the candidates till are finally granted admission to the RMS Dholpur.
- Multiple printouts of the admit card is advised to be taken in order it from loss or damage.
The basic exam pattern overview for Rashtriya Military School Dholpur entrance test is provided here:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of exam: English & Hindi
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
For class VI
|Subject||Maximum marks||Minimum qualifying marks|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||40%|
For class IX
|Subject||Maximum marks||Minimum qualifying marks|
Check below the syllabus of the entrance exam for class VI and IX admission:
- For class 6: Questions of Class V level from the topics of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English will be asked.
- For class 9: Questions of Class VIII level from the topics of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science will be asked.
Interview & Result
- Candidates will be invited for the interview round after they clear their written exam.
- A merit list will be prepared for this by the authorities on the basis of marks in the entrance test.
- The candidates need to attend the interview held at the school as per the prescribed schedule.
- Those who clear the interview round as well will be shortlisted for admission into the RMS.
- Final merit list along with the result will then be displayed on the official RMS website.
- The final list will be prepared on the basis of marks in written exam and performance in the interview.
Medical Fitness Test
- Those shortlisted for the admission need to clear a medical fitness round as well.
- The medical tests will be conducted at the Military Hospitals as selected by the candidates in the application form.
- Only the candidates who clear this round will be eligible for final admission.
- Details regarding the medical fitness test will be communicated to the candidates in proper time.
- Candidates are required to maintain their medical fitness during whole duration of the course.
Hospitals for Medical Test
Below given is the list of the Military hospitals where the medical exam of the students will be taken:
|Eastern Command, Kolkata||11|
|Southern Command, Pune||12|
|Central Command, Lucknow||13|
|Western Command, Chandimandir||14|
|Air Force, Bangalore||15|
|Northern Command, C/o 56 APO||16|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Southern Command|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Western Command|
|Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt||34|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Eastern Command|
|151 Base Hospital||42|
|155 Base Hospital||43|
|158 Base Hospital||44|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Northern Command|
|92 Base Hospital, C/O 56 APO||53|
|150 Gen Hospital, C/O 56 APO||54|
|ZONAL HOSPITAL – Central Command|
|Base Hospital, Lucknow||70|
|INHS Sanjivini, Cochin||81|
|INHS Ashvini, Mumbai||82|
RMS Dholpur Fee Structure
An expected fee structure for the Rashtriya Military School Dholpur is provided in the table below.
|Category||Tuition fee (per year)||Caution money (one time)|
|OR & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 4800/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|JCO & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 7200/-||Rs. 1800/-|
|Service Officers all three Forces (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 15000/-||Rs. 3800/-|
|Civilians||Rs. 24000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
|SC/ ST (25% of fee paid by the respective Category)||ORs- Rs. 1200/-|
JCOs- Rs. 1800/-
Civilian- Rs. 6000/-
*Pocket money: A minimum of Rs. 10,000/- will be deposited by all categories in the Pocket Money Account of the ward to cater to the traveling expenses and monthly pocket money. It is mandatory to maintain balance of Rs. 4,000/- at any one time under this head.
Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Scholarship Program
Candidates who are wards of Service Officers and Civilians can apply for scholarship for their studies in RMS Dholpur. For this, they need to clear a common scholarship test conducted by the Army Headquarters. The scholarship will be offered according to the following rules:
- Full remission of the school fees for those cadets whose parents’ income is less than Rs. 100,000/- in a financial year.
- Fees at half rates are charged from cadet whose parents’ income exceeds Rs. 100,000/- but is not more than Rs. 150,000/- in the financial year.
Facilities Available at RMS Dholpur
The RMS Dholpur offers many facilities to its students to help them in their all-round development. A list of some of these facilities is provided below.
- Digital Classrooms
- Laboratories with Modern Facilities
- Internet Enabled Computer Laboratory
- Well Stocked Library
- Arts & Crafts Gallery
- Language Laboratory
- Well Appointed Auditorium
- Modern Prep Rooms
- Wi Fi Campus
- Hostel facility
- Mess & canteen
- Sport facility, etc
- Classes VI to VIII: English, Mathematics, Social Sciences, General Sciences, Sanskrit, Computer and Arts & Crafts
- Classes IX & X: English, Mathematics, Social Sciences, General Sciences, Hindi, Computer and Arts & Crafts
- Classes XI & XII: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Informatics Practices
Rashtriya Military School Dholpur Contact Details
Address: Rashtriya Military School, Kesarbagh, Bari Road, Dholpur (Raj) – 328 028
Email id: email@example.com