The Newtown School Kolkata has the honor of being the first IGBC Gold Certified Green School in India. Started in the year 2015, the school has gained quite a bit of reputation in just a few years. The school is affiliated to the CBSE and offers classes from nursery to 12th standard level. One of the specialties of Newtown School, Kolkata is that it provides its students with a unique blend of academics and extra-curricular activities. In this article, we will provide all the important details related to the Newtown School Kolkata.
Newtown School Kolkata Basic Information
The basic details regarding the Newtown School, Kolkata are provided in the table given below.
|Year of establishment||1925|
|Type of school||Private Co-educational school|
|Board of Affiliation||CBSE|
|Classes offered||Nursery to 12th|
|Mode of application for admission||Online|
|Application Fee||Rs. 2000/-|
|Documents required for admission||· Child’s birth certificate (issued by the Municipal Corporation or any other competent authority)/adoption document (If applicable).
· Immunization Card.
· Final Term report card of the last class completed (applicable for admission to classes II-IX).
· Current residential address proof.
· Photo identity proof of the parents/legal guardian (Voter Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License).
· Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the parents.
· Legal documents in case of a single parent, and relevant documents of local guardian(if applicable)
|Selection Process||Oral and written test depending upon the classes applied|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|Phone Number||(033) 71454400, 8584036704, 8584036709|
Newtown School Kolkata Admission 2024-25
Due to its formidable reputation of being one of the best schools in Kolkata, NTS School Kolkata receives a lot of applications every year from interested parents to enroll their child for admission. We are providing the admission details for such parents.
- The application form will release in online mode through the official website of the school.
- Interested parents want to enroll their kids need to register on the official website.
- In the application form, parents have to provide all the necessary details accurately.
- Along with the application form, parents also need to pay the application fee of Rs. 2000/-
- It is also compulsory to upload the recent passport size colour photograph of the student and both the parents (one in case of a single parent/Legal Guardian) in the application form.
- In addition to this, parents are also required to upload the scanned images of the following documents.
- Child’s birth certificate (issued by the Municipal Corporation or any other competent authority)/adoption document (If applicable).
- Immunization Card.
- Final Term report card of the last class completed (applicable for admission to classes II-IX).
- Current residential address proof.
- Photo identity proof of the parents/legal guardian (Voter Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License).
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the parents. Legal documents in case of a single parent, and relevant documents of local guardian(if applicable)
The age criteria for admission to different classes are as follows.
- Nursery: More than 2 years
- LKG: More than 3 years
- UKG: More than 4 years
- I: More than 5 years
Facilities Available at Newtown School, Kolkata
The facilities available at Newtwon School, Kolkata can match up with any of the top schools in Kolkata. Take a look at some notable facilities at the school.
- Big and spacious classrooms
- Labs & Activity Center – The Three Science Labs, Language Lab, Math Lab, Robotics Lab, 3D AV Lab, MAC Lab, 3D Printing Lab, iPad Lab, iTheatre Animation Studio, Sculpture Studio, Art Lab, Dance Room, Music Room. Quality Circle Time
- Resource Center
- Sporting Facilities – Basketball, Football Complex, Swimming, Squash, Table Tennis, Badminton, Rifle Shooting Range, Gymnastics, Volley Ball, Junior Play Area
- Safety And Security Arrangements – CCTV In School And Classrooms, Buses With CCTV, RFID Enabled ID Cards, Chip Based Escort Card For Private Dispersal, Mobile App, Skool Smart
Newtown School Kolkata Fee Structure
The fee structure of the Newtown School Kolkata is given below.
For Nursery to class 10th
- Registration Fee – 2000/-
- One time Admission Fee for new Admissions – Rs. 120000/- (To be taken in two equal installments. One at the time of admission and the other by way of a cheque)
- Refundable Security Deposit – Rs. 15000/-
- Nursery/ LKG/ UKG – Rs. 72000 (Rs. 6000 per month) tuition fee + Rs. 15000/- (Annual Fee) = Rs. 87000/- (total)
- Class 1st to 5th – Rs. 75000 (Rs. 6250 per month) tuition fee + Rs. 15000/- (Annual Fee) = Rs. 90000/- (total)
- Class 6th to 10th – Rs. 78000 (Rs. 6500 per month) tuition fee + Rs. 15000/- (Annual Fee) = Rs. 93000/- (total)
For Class 11th and 12th
Humanities and Commerce stream
|Particular||NTS Students||Other Students|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|Admission Fee||–||Rs. 33000/-|
|Administrative Charges||Rs. 33000/-||Rs. 33000/-|
|Annual Session Fee||Rs. 15000/-||Rs. 15000/-|
|Security Deposit||–||Rs. 15000/-|
|Tuition Fees Per Month||Rs. 7000/-||Rs. 7000/-|
|Total Annual fees||Rs. 99000/-|
Note: The tuition fee for science stream students is Rs. 7500/- per month.
NTS Kolkata School Timing
The timing of the school for students of the different classes is given below.
- Nursery to Class II – 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Class III to XI – 8:00 AM to 2:35 PM
The contact details of the school are as follows
- Address: Premises # 01-0279, Plot # DD 257, Action Area 1, New Town, Kolkata 700156, India
- Phone Number: (033) 71454400, 8584036704, 8584036709
- Website: www.thenewtownschool.org
- Pre Admission and Post Admission Queries – [email protected]
- Pre Admission and Post Admission Transport Related Queries – [email protected]
- Post Admission Fee Related Queries – [email protected]
- Pre Admission General Queries – [email protected]
Through this post, we aim to provide you with the most accurate information regarding NTS Kolkata. We tried our level best to give the correct details. However, if you think any of the details are not correct or need correction then please let us know through the comment box. We also welcome your feedback and suggestion through the comment section.