Holidays provide people a day which they can enjoy with their family or friends and get a break from the monotonous work they have been doing every day. A total of 25 Government holidays are observed in the state of Chhattisgarh and other than this, every institutions have a holiday list of their own.
There are few holidays like Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti and Christmas have a fixed date while date for other festivals like Holi, Diwali, Eid, etc keeps changing every year.
List of Chhattisgarh Government Holidays 2024
Government holidays are those holidays that are decided by the Government of the state and are followed by almost every organization like banks, schools, public offices, etc. Knowing about these holidays beforehand can allow you to plan your day so that you do not get bored on holidays.
Below here is provided the list of festivals and the day and date on which they are falling in the upcoming year 2024. In case any changes are made in these festivals or their dates, the same will be updated here.
|Dr B R Ambedkar Jayanti
|Maharshi Parasuram Jayanti
|Sant Guru Kabir Jayanti
|Guru Nanak Jayanti
|Guru Ghasidas Jayanti
List of Chhattisgarh Bank Holidays 2024
Banks of Chhattisgarh observe all the Government listed holidays and provide a day-off to their employees. In addition to this, banks also remain close on every Sunday and second and fourth Saturdays of every month.
As per the old policy, banks used to operate for half day on every Saturday but later it was changed to two Saturdays offs (second and fourth) and remaining Saturdays on. Check out the dates on which there will be second and fourth Saturdays and banks will be closed in the year 2024.
January 2024 Bank Holidays
- 13th January: Second Saturday
- 27th January: Fourth Saturday
February 2024 Bank Holidays
- 10th February: Second Saturday
- 24th February: Fourth Saturday
March 2024 Bank Holidays
- 9th March: Second Saturday
- 23rd March: Fourth Saturday
April 2024 Bank Holidays
- 13th April: Second Saturday
- 27th April: Fourth Saturday
May 2024 Bank Holidays
- 11th May: Second Saturday
- 25th May: Fourth Saturday
June 2024 Bank Holidays
- 8th June: Second Saturday
- 22nd June: Fourth Saturday
July 2024 Bank Holidays
- 13th July: Second Saturday
- 27th July: Fourth Saturday
August 2024 Bank Holidays
- 10th August: Second Saturday
- 24th August: Fourth Saturday
September 2024 Bank Holidays
- 14th September: Second Saturday
- 28th September: Fourth Saturday
October 2024 Bank Holidays
- 12th October: Second Saturday
- 26th October: Fourth Saturday
November 2024 Bank Holidays
- 9th November: Second Saturday
- 23rd November: Fourth Saturday
December 2024 Bank Holidays
- 14th December: Second Saturday
- 28th December: Fourth Saturday
List of Chhattisgarh Schools Holidays 2024
Other than banks, the government holidays are observed in almost every school of the Chhattisgarh state as well. Other than that, all Sundays are off too. Some schools provide holiday on Saturdays while others don’t, depending on their own rules and policy.
There is a specific calendar of every school that mentions all the holidays that it will be providing to its students and teachers. Those who want to get the details about the Chhattisgarh schools holidays List 2024 can check their calendar from the school prospectus and official website. School calendars are normally published before the beginning of every academic year.
Places to Visit in Chhattisgarh on a Holiday
Why waste a holiday sitting at home when you can go out and have fun outside? The state of Chhattisgarh has many tourist destinations that are perfect for people of all age. Waterfalls, wildlife sanctuaries, national parks, hill stations and temples are the main attraction and are present in abundance in the state.
A list of some of the popular places to visit in Chhattisgarh on a holiday is provided below. Whether you are with friends or family, these places are fun for every kind of group.
- Indravati National Park
- Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary
- Danteshwari Temple
- Bilai Mata Mandir
- Chitrakote Falls
- Ghatarani Waterfalls
- Kanger Ghati National Park
- Purkhauti Muktangan
- Bhoramdeo Temple
- Guru Ghasidas (Sanjay) National Park
- Achanakmar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Charre Marre Waterfalls
- Sirpur Group of Monuments 9archaeological and tourism site containing Hindu, Jain and Buddhist monuments from the 5th to 12th centuries)
- Chirmiri Hill Station
- Mainpat Hill Station
- Madku Dweep
- Tirathgarh Falls
- Maa Danteshwari Temple