RMS CET 2024 stands for Rashtriya Military Schools Common Entrance Test 2024. This entrance exam is a gateway for students to get admission to various Rashtriya Military Schools (RMS) in India. These are English-medium residential Public Schools managed by the Ministry of Defence.
Wards of both defence personnel and civilians are allowed to take this entrance exam. The admissions are provided into classes 6th and 9th. Please note that only boys students can apply for admission. It is an offline exam to be conducted on an OMR sheet. In this post, we are going to provide you with accurate details related to the RMS CET 2024 exam.
RMS CET 2024 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Rashtriya Military Schools Common Entrance Test 2024|
|Abbreviated as||RMS CET 2024|
|Examination Level||National Level Exam|
|Admission offered in classes||6th and 9th|
|Mode of application||Online|
RMS CET 2024 Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of the official notification||2nd week of October 2023|
|Start of online application form submission||2nd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of November 2023|
|Release date of the admit card||4th week of November 2023|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of December 2023|
|Publication of answer key||3rd week of December 2023|
|Result declaration||2nd week of February 2024|
RMS CET Eligibility Criteria 2024
The eligibility criteria are different for admission to classes 6th and 9th as given below.
- Only boys candidates are allowed to apply.
- For Class 6th – The age of a student should be between 10-12 years as on 31st March 2024.
- For Class 9th – The age of a student should be between 13-15 years as on 31st March 2024.
Note: 6 months relaxation in the upper age limit is given to the wards of personnel killed in Action.
- For Class 6th – No previous education qualification is required.
- For Class 9th – Candidates should have passed class 8th from a government-recognized school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya Military School. Plus, students should also preferably know sufficient English which is the medium of instruction in the RMS.
RMS CET Application Form 2024
The step-by-step process to submit the RMS CET online application form is explained below.
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of RMS CET i.e. https://www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.edu.in/.
- Click on the “Apply Online” or “Registration” link that you will find on the homepage.
- In the main application form, aspirants must provide their required personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, contact information, etc.
- Apart from personal details, it is also necessary for candidates to fill in the educational details such as school name, grade, marks obtained, etc.
- Upload the necessary documents such as scanned photographs, signatures, and any other required certificates.
- While filling out the application form, it is compulsory for candidates to choose the three examination centres.
- It is also compulsory for candidates to choose the five schools to which they want to get admission.
- In the next step, aspirants must pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- For General/ OBC candidates – Rs. 600/-
- SC/ ST candidates – Rs. 300/-
- Once the application form submission process gets over, authorities will release admit cards for all candidates.
- An admit card will carry information like the examination date, time, and venue.
- It is compulsory for all candidates to reach the examination centre with a valid admit card. No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without the same.
- Candidates should keep the admit card safe even after the same because it will be required at the time of admission.
RMS CET 2024 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for RMS CET is as follows.
- Mode of examination – Offline (OMR sheet-based test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions – 200
- Language of questions – English or Hindi for class 6th and only English for class 9th
- Maximum Marks – 200
- Duration – 2 Hours and 30 minutes
- Negative Marking – There is no negative marking.
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks to Qualify|
|English (Candidate is required to qualify in this test. English Marks are not counted towards Merit)||50||35%|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||40%|
|Subjects||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks to Qualify|
|Paper – 1|
|Paper – 2|
RMS CET 2024 Syllabus
- English – Antonyms, Synonyms, Articles, Comprehension Passages, Affirmative and Interrogative, Prepositions, Composition, Framing Questions, Fill in the blanks, Spelling Check, Para Jumbled, Constructions of Sentences, Error Correction, etc.
- General Knowledge, History, Geography, Indian Polity, Sports, Awards, Science and Health, Committee and Commission, States of India, Our Defense Forces, Atomic Power Station in India, Classical Dances of India, etc.
- Intelligence Test – Blood Relation, Analogy, Classification (Odd man out), Series, Coding – Decoding, Inserting Numbers, Puzzle, Decision Making, Non Verbal Reasoning, etc.
- Mathematics – Number System (Whole Number, Natural Number, Playing with Numbers), Square Root and Cube Root, Unitary Method, Percentage, Time and Work, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest.
- Soon after the examination, the answer key of the examination will be published online.
- Students/ parents will be able to check the answer key through the official website.
- With the help of answer keys, students will be able to match their answers with the correct ones.
Rashtriya Military schools in India
- Those candidates who qualify in the written test will be invited for an interview at one of the Rashtriya Military Schools.
- During the interview, authorities will judge the aptitude and overall intelligence of students.
- Marks of the interview will be added to the score of the written test before preparing the final merit.
- Please note that no travel or other allowance will be provided to students for taking part in the interview.
- IHQ of MoD (Army) will publish the merit list of candidates selected for admission.
- The final merit list/ result will be available on www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.edu.in and on the army Intranet.
- No intimation will be sent to the unsuccessful candidates.
- Qualified candidates will be allotted schools purely on the basis of Merit and vacancy available in the school.
Medical Fitness Test
- All candidates who will get selected for admission need to undergo a medical fitness examination before admission to the Rashtriya Military Schools.
- This test will take place at one of the hospitals listed by the Rashtriya Military Schools.
- Candidates found medically unfit by the board of officers at listed hospitals will not get admission.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the students get a fitness certificate from the hospital.
RMS School Fees
|Category||Tuition Fees (per year)||Caution Money (one time)|
|OR & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 12000/-||Rs. 1200/-|
|JCO & their equivalents in the Navy and IAF (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 18000/-||Rs. 1800/-|
|Service Officers from all three Forces (including Ex-Servicemen)||Rs. 25000/-||Rs. 3800/-|
|Civilians||Rs. 51000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
|For SC/ ST||(25% of Fee paid by the respective Category)|
Frequently Asked Questions
The selection process includes a written examination followed by an interview and a medical fitness test.
No, the application form will not be available in offline mode.
Coaching is not mandatory to crack RMS CET. However, it can be helpful in providing guidance, practice materials, and mock tests to improve your preparation.
No, currently RMS CET is only open to boys for admission into Rashtriya Military Schools.
The application forms are expected to be released in the month of October 2023.